Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Learning to talk sexy

thanks for the support maddy and Lilith ... I made it through today without exceeding my calorie count, though I wish I had kept it a bit lower to make up for some of that snack binge last night. But, every reasonably good day is a success as far as I'm concerned, so I'm here again.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:03 AM
Loungin' Around

I was at 2100 calories today, which is 200 over my target...but I did walk back from school and take a walk round the neighborhood in the afternoon, grocery shop and clean at home, and I even got in a quick 10 min stretch/20 minute ski machine/200 situp trip to the gym late tonight. All in all, not a greta success, and not a great failure either.

fzzy....don't try to compensate too much. In my experience, if oyu cut too much to make up for a binge, you end up hungry and frustrated and thus binge again. Slow and steady wins the race, or so I hear.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 01-29-2006, 08:18 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I look at each day in isolation. If I don't I'll start the shame and blame thing. I set my caloric intake goal fairly high to start because I did not have enough faith in myself. I think I'm going to lower it today.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-29-2006, 08:44 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Since I set my goals myself, I am always hunting places to confirm that I am on the right track. I found this site http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

It was very helpful in seeing what my intake needs to be to lose various amounts of weight.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-29-2006, 08:56 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

100 100 calorie snacks

I might make up so baggies of things to keep me from grabbing something worse.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 01-29-2006, 09:15 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith

I like the snack bags but being diabetic they are all carbs and that is one of the main areas I am cutting back so I have to really deem them necessary to open a pack.

That is precisely why I haven't given into the temptation to buy them. The only time I'm really feeling the urge to snack is while at work--maybe because I'm too *busy* at home to think about it. Regardless, I've found that celery or broccoli with some fat-free or light Ranch dip works really well at keeping my hunger satisfied while at my desk. Hopefully, that will continue.

For maddy or anyone else doing Weight Watchers, there is a great alternate site for point values: www.dwlz.com. Especially thorough is the section on eating out--an excellent resource.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 01-29-2006, 09:32 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

That is an awesome resource!!!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 01-29-2006, 10:06 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I know--I love it. The ads are a bit much, but if you ignore them, there's a wealth of information--not just on "points," but calories, carbs, etc. Check out the "food" section as well, when you have time. There are menus, ideas, etc. as well as general food information.

I've explored a bit on the calculator site you posted--it's excellent as well. Since I'm doing WW, I don't focus *too* much on calories, as I let my points calculate that all out for me. Still, it's fascinating the information provided by the waist-hip ratio calculator and by the site in general. Thanks!

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Loungin' Around

Lil, thanks for the link on the BMR....I'd only guessed at a target calorie count, but I was pretty close. The site seems to indicate that I should target 1960...so I was only a few calories off (but it's nice to know I'm right).

Another day for us all to be successful!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 01-29-2006, 07:54 PM
~getting by~

I'm ready for today to be over. I find on the weekends I eat my lunch and dinner earlier to avoid snacking, but then evenings become challenging as I feel the urge to snack. Weekdays are much easier to manage because the kitchen isn't a few steps away.

I purchased Emeril's Italian dressing this weekend, quite low in calories and very flavorful.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Great resources, thanks everyone!! Maddy, I'm with you, I love weekends, but not as far as the eating plan goes, just not enough routine/schedule, etc. to keep me from thinking about all the stuff I could be eating.

I made it through today though without any pitfalls, my period actually started a few days earlier then I expected, which explains to me a lot about why Friday was so difficult for me. I'm glad it started though since for me the 7-10 days prior are worse physically then my actual 4-5 days during.

And I should start shedding any water retention that my body has been holding onto and I'm looking forward to a positive step forward physically over the next 2-3 weeks.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Maddy, Newman's Own Light Balsalmic Vinegrette is also really, really good. I was using it long before I started WW or focusing on losing some pounds. I was reading a magazine the other day and happened to stumble upon an article about the "top 10 best low-calorie/fat dressings" and noticed that one was included.

I agree with both fzzy and maddy, though...weekends can be tough. As "wrong" as it may be, I find that skipping breakfast and eating an earlier lunch works better than trying to do three meals on the weekends--there just aren't enough points to go around. However, at the grocery on Saturday, I found WW bagels, which are 2 points for the entire bagel. I may try 1/2 of a bagel with a little light cream cheese for breakfast and hope my blood sugars aren't out the roof afterwards.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Learning to talk sexy

My Monday went well as far as food and eating goes ... at work I didn't seem to have much time, took me about 2 1/2 hours to eat an energy bar in the afternoon (for my lunch).

My good news is that I'm now able to remove the 4" extenders that I've had on all of my bras ... some real progress there since when i started 4 weeks ago, the bras were all tight enough to be digging into me a bit. Doing a little happy dance before I head off to bed!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:28 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Monday was much better to me eating-wise than the weekend. I even had the best omelet for dinner using Pam cooking spray, two eggs, and a little each of the cheddar and mozzarella fat-free cheese Kraft makes. (Six points, maddy, if you're interested.) Today is going to be a stressful day for me, though, so it will be interesting to see how that affects my resolve, if any.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:49 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Awesome fzzy!!! I know being able to feel it means the most!

Monday was a breeze. I'm too stressed to eat too much I ate something fattening as hell for breakfast so we will have to see how the rest of the day goes.

~>My Scribbles<~