Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM

There seems to be confusion stemming from inappropriate venue vs inappropriate post.

Everyone, I think, said it is not a good thing to carry on this way at a funeral.

I suspect the law was enacted to stop an emotionally over-wrought friend or relative taking issue with the protest and finding out just how far a 4ft placard can be rectally inserted before the handle breaks.

More worryingly, who are these "Patriot Guard"?

Right wing governments with quasi-military support groups always worry the shit out of me.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharni
530 ft away is still too close in my opinion

Agreed. ANYWHERE the grieving party can see protesters is the wrong place. Go picket a gay club or the White House. Anything but a funeral.

In another angle, I read in the NY Times about insensitive army guys arriving at homes and acting like idiots. The article isn't archived any longer (paid fee after a certain time) but the first few paras were disturbing.

A man had been told his son died in action & he went out to take his flag down & the yellow ribbons off the tree.

The army man turned back and said, "Don't be disrespectful."

!!!

There were a few more stories like that, too.

When my cousin died, the police officers who arrived at the door were very respectful & understand that, once they told the parents of the death of their only son, they should allow the grieving parents to act any way they wanted to . . .
Old 04-19-2006, 07:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
This is just another sad commentary on our society today. I say what needs to be done is we bundle up all the inconsiderate jerks like these folks, buy them a first class plane ticket with all the trimmings and ship their butts to Iraq or Afghanistan. Let them live over there and try to protest like they did here. I dare say after a few hours in and around the Green Zone or on the street where some of their brother "protestors" live, they would change their tune!

Remember folks - Freedom isn't free!!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 PM

Well. Personally I am not very happy about these protestors. They did the same gig in Minnesota. I find their behavior reprehensible and honestly, I'm not entirely sure I get their point or see the correlation in their actions. I do have some thoughts that I hope they get a taste of their own medicine here. This is really a low blow to the families.

However, the protestors do have rights however they choose to exert them. I just hope they reconsider their venue.

Last edited by Jax : 04-19-2006 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax
I'm not entirely sure I get their point or see the correlation in their actions.

Very, very good point.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharni
People have the right to mourn in peace....for someone to protest a funeral is disgusting. 530 ft away is still too close in my opinion

Like CK said, nothing but bad will come from it and one day the idiots will pick the wrong grieving family to fuck with...and the result will be more funerals

Amen sister!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I first read about these assholes in the local paper some months ago, they were harrassing local military funerals (which we've had far too many of), it just set my blood to full boil...it's the product of one self-proclaimed man of the cloth, & mostly his relatives comprise the "congregation"...I believe their website is titled "godhatesfags" or some such bullshit, & it was the final straw for my belief in a just God, since He has chosen not to bring down a bolt from above to vaporize this large group of wasted DNA...I have always been a pacifist by nature (with a temper that I try hard to control), but I don't think I'll feel any sorrow at all when a grieving family member remembers his AK-47 in his trunk...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
This type of nonscence gets rather confusing at times. What exactly were these sickos protesting? It stated that a baptist church in Topica Kansas was "protesting a funeral on the belief that in their view God was killing soldiers because of allowing homosexuality here in the states and in the military. I guess they were refuring to the Don't ask-Don't tell programme.But their plackards read "Go to Hell Fag Vets." and "Thank God for dead soldiers." It makes me wonder if these fools even know which end to butter their toast. I went to a baptist church here in L.A. from about the time I was i 5th grad to I was 21.Nobody at that time would ever consider doing something like that,and most of this time was during the View Nam war. Religion has been hijacked in this country and abroad to display the most intollerent and obsessive political views. These are not driven by a spirit of faith but one of hatred that would make even Hitler blush. There is room for political dessent.There is also room for people of faith to march in protest.But I find that most of the religious so called leaders of today are just irresponsible rabble rousing trouble makers. If ever those plackards read "nigger or jew",there would even be more howls of protest. I guess I am longing for a time when we can get back to running this country on the good old secular values of the constitution and these idiots would just shut up and slime themselves back under the rock from which they came. Behind the scene these clowns want to "deliver America to God." If we don't watch out,they will snach it right out from under us. In some of these churches,people are being told how to vote and whom to vote for.It might be to much to ask for,but these "true believers" should crack open their bibles and read for themselves what Jesus really had to teach us.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:50 PM

lakritze,

If you want to really get the bible-thumpers going, get them to read Bart Ehrman's 'Misquoting Jesus'. Not, of course, that those misguided souls are likely to read it, as the facts are almost surely at odds with their faith, but the book is a guaranteed conversation starter.

Well worth the time it takes to read.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:56 AM

"Good evening, Mormans? No, Latter day Saints. Oh Mega-baptists. Hmmmmm.

Have you read the new Gospel of my master, Lord Satan?

No? As supported by the Red Book of Comrade Chairman Mao, third edition?

Well, we're having human sacrifice next Wodensday and we'd love to include you.

See you both then? Great."

If only.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:42 AM
Everybody Stretch!

If this is the same group I am thinking of, Howard Stern has had them on his show several times in order to "out" them for the idiots they are. They don't care what venue they use to spew their warped ideas of what they interpret from the parables of the Bible. Howard calls them the "God Hates Fags" group and I believe there is a web site that was established by the group that is call that exactly, though I WILL NEVER LOOK IT UP TO GIVE THEM A HIT. It is led by a woman who has her children, preteen and teen, "brainwashed" (<---my opinion) into believing that the wrath of God is responsible for all the ills and bad things that happen to everyone around the world. For example: She and her children have stated loud and clear on Howard's radio show that the reason for the tsunami recently was to clean the earth of the fags, pedophiles and debauchery in that country and that conditions of similar magnitude will continue to happen around the world as long as there are people who don't believe as they do or ignore their preaching of how they interpret the word of God. When questioned on how she interprets "thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged", she says that SHE is not judging them, God has judged them and has sent her to try and save them.

She seems to me to be one of the most radical bible thumpers ever. Her interpretations of the bible are extremely scary! Howard once asked her what would happen if someone took strong offense to her groups preachings and hurt or killed one of her children as a result and she said, "I don't think God would let that happen, but if it did it would serve as an even greater reason for us to go on with our work of trying to make others aware of their wrong doings against God's will". She'd martyrize her children!

Howard once asked her what she would do if she found out her son had dabbled in the gay lifestyle or came out to her as a gay teen and she told him that would never happen! Wouldn't it serve her right if it did? LMFAO!

Yes CK...I wouldn't mind watching her group fall off a cliff! But it'd have to be everyone around the world who spouts the beliefs she is trying to spread...and I imagine there are many. What would truly be a better recourse is in the "What goes around, comes around" theory. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when her eldest son brought home his new beau...Brian...and begged her to understand...ROFLMFAO!

~Thomas Dewar~