Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
At first, I couldn't come up with any meaningful contribution to this thread...altho I am always interested in new developements in Lixy's life, I don't know anybody who's had corrective surgery (well, there was my last boss, a lady about 5 years my senior, who was off from work for a couple of weeks for what she claimed was laser surgery on her eyes...but when she returned, her boobs were bigger, & she still needed her reading glasses, so...) but I felt I did need to comment on this quote:
Quote:
When I was 17 I got contact lenses and never turned back. I took my "coke bottle" wire framed (I had progressed to at least John Lennon style by then) glasses and wrung them like an old dish rag and swore to never wear glasses again. After all, guys don't make passes at a girl who wears glasses...right?
I remember when Lixy was new to the site, & became a self-admitted postaholic...I didn't notice any glasses for quite a while, & even when I did, it didn't stop or even slow down my chasing her all over the board...

BTW, my own frame of reference when it comes to glasses is I became slightly nearsighted at 14 (20/80 in my left eye only), & Mrs Zoid is one of the unfortunates who is legally blind without glasses, & has been since about 4th grade, a trait which has apparently been passed down to #1 son...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Everybody Stretch!

jenna...I remember a pic of you in a thread that Kendall had asked for. Least I think it was a Kendall thread. Anyway...your eyes were incredible! And you didn't have glasses on in the pic either. *HUGS* g/f! To each his/her own and I just realized that this thread may be coming off as a "vanity" thread. I promise (heart and soul) it's not all as vain as it seems...though I do think I look better without glasses. I struggle daily with my eyesight. This newest vision correction (bifocal contact lenses) is, so far, the best experience I've had with corrective lenses...be it glasses or contacts! I've always persevered <sp?> with whatever script or course of corrective action was handed me because of monetary reasons. Today..I don't really have to worry so much about the money and I want to take care of things once and for all! With all the new innovations...I can't help but be curious as to if they might benefit me. Here's hoping! TY for you thoughts hun!

dicksbro...If I didn't know better, I'd swear you had PF over to your house for a visit...and he posted from your puter! LMFAO! You NUT! :dizzy:

scotz...I remember when I was new to the site and I went overboard (in my own words) posting pics like a maniac...till I had to ask if there was a protocol that I wasn't following and if I was offending the elders! LMAO! You came to my rescue and made Lilith tell me that I was doing ok and that scotzoidman (an elder) doesn't want me to stop! *giggle, snort* Geezzzzzzzzz hun, those were the days...huh? BTW...ANY contribution you make to my thread[s] is EXTREMELY MEANINGFUL...and don't you ever forget that mister! So com'on...*wiggles butt and takes off like a bat out of hell*...chase me somemore!!!!! *hugs n kisses n licks n slurps* BTW scotz? As I said before...in correcting my vision I'll do anything! If the doc said I had to have a boob job to see better...or even if he wanted to put eyeballs in my nipples and I could see clearly afterwards...I'd fuckin do it!!!!! ROFLMFAO!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
Damn Darlin, I know how it is... I can't go into a WalMart without my glasses anymore. I can't read the damn price tags. My kids have gotten to kidding me by holding the object in question across the aisle and asking if I can read it now! Kids! Gotta love 'em though. LOL

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 08-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear57
Damn Darlin, I know how it is... I can't go into a WalMart without my glasses anymore. I can't read the damn price tags. My kids have gotten to kidding me by holding the object in question across the aisle and asking if I can read it now! Kids! Gotta love 'em though. LOL

Would you have a problem puting in contact lenses? Cause sweety...I swear...bifocal contacts (to me) are the best thing, even above sliced bread! I'll slice my own damn bread now...if it'd mean the difference between bifocal lenses and a bread knife! If you have no problem seeing far away...I am certain there is a contact lens that is just a farsighted lens and the other part is clear. Just a thought! And...I'm now picturing you in "half-glasses" and getting aroused! Please ignore that last advice...*purrrrrrrrrrrrr* LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
rabbit...TY for the balanced thinking. It's all in the scales in the end. My scales are tipping towards YES...but to each his own, eh? I'm just happy to see you posting to me in another forum beside pics...lmao! *hugs n kisses*

Old 08-18-2005, 10:14 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
....or even if he wanted to put eyeballs in my nipples and I could see clearly afterwards...I'd fuckin do it!!!!! ROFLMFAO!

Here's looking at ya. :lust:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PixieEyes.JPG (6.3 KB, 176 views)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 08-18-2005, 10:16 PM

freaky!

DAM THE MAN!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:26 PM

Know this is an old thread but I was looking at some of your pics and decided to read a bit too. I'm older than you and my eyes were not quite as bad but pretty close. I'd worn glasses or contacts since the 4th grade and finally got fed up with them. I was at a point where I needed bifocals or something else. I had Lasik about 20 months ago and the results were great. I visited a couple of different surgeons and decided I was comfortable with one of them. There was extensive testing to help decide whether I was a good candidate or not. There are a lot of options - even more today than a couple of years ago - for different types of procedures that would work best for you. There is an option for folks our age called mono-vision. They do one eye for distance and one eye for reading. Maybe because my eyes were bad or maybe just because I'm picky, I didn't like the slight fuzziness when they gave me a pair of glasses that simulated that solution. I opted for both eyes being done for distance even if I needed reading glasses.

Anyway, the procedure was completely painless. Right after the surgery it was like opening your eyes uder water. By the end of the day my sight was beginning to normalize and by the next day I had 20/30 vision in both eyes. And sure enough, I had trouble reading. The doc told me that the eyes would continue to adjust over time. Within a couple of weeks vision in both eyes was 20/15. Over the next 6 months one eye stayed really good and the other regressed to about 20/30 or so. That might sound like a bad thing but for some reason it brought print back into focus for me. Unless the print is very fine or the light is good I still don't need glasses to read.

As everyone else said, check the docs out and find someone you're comfortable with. I know several other people who have had this done and all have had good experiences.

BTW, love the pics.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Hows the research going Lixy?

I'd so love to have this done....but new boobs were required more at present *LOL*

I've been wearing classes since grade 5...and now have coke bottle glasses...or would have if i hadnt paid shitloads extra moolah to get a special lens....i have contacts and love em....dont wear em that often though cause it gives me the pip having to take em out and clean em *LOL*

I can totally understand the going blind fear....that absolutely terrifies me....my eyesight is worse than yours....and my last check up it improved too...sorta had me and the optomitrist stumped *L*....must say i did walk out with a bit more bounce in me step *L*

Anyway best of luck....and let us know the details of how it went if ya decide to go ahead....this one is one me to do list
Old 02-13-2006, 05:33 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I almost forgot about this thread...lol!

Thanks for the report VaBeast...oh, and for the compliment *blushing*

I think I've settled for the next best thing to what VaBeast had done Alassė. I went for a check up because my eyes suddenly had a reaction to my saline solution. Turned out that I was allergic to the high content of the preservative in the generic brand I was using. Anyway, the doc suggested mono vision contact lenses. My right eye has a low script bifocal to take over when I need to see far and my left eye has the high bifocal to take over when I read or sew. It took a day or so to get used to driving like that so I didn't do any night driving till I was sure.

I think I'll stick with this correction for a while. I don't mind putting in and taking out the lenses. I'm used to doing it because I've been wearing lenses since I've was 17. But I must admit it would be nice to never have to do that again.

I know what you mean as to thinner lenses. I paid through the nose for my glasses for them too! I wear glasses at night when I take my lenses out.

And speaking of a bounce in your step? The moment I put in the new lenses at the optomitrist's I felt somehow younger. I didn't need my half glasses for reading anymore and it felt good to not have to have them dangle from my shirt/blouse when not in use. Out of habit, I still reach for them sometime. Then I smile, knowing I don't need them.

I still may, someday, get lasik...but for now I am happy with the results of the lenses!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-13-2006, 09:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
I guess I am just plain wierd - but I love a lady that wears glasses, of course they have to "fit" her.

I have given some consideration to lasic but the thought of someone pointing a laser into my eye scares the crap out of me (much the same reason I haven't gotten a vasectomy - the boys have this fear of someone with a knife that close to them)

A couple of years back I had to get tri-focals. Now that is a sign of age! I had never heard of such a thing!