Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Passion & Power

Send a message via MSN to Glyndwr Send a message via Yahoo to Glyndwr
Anyway, back to the original question.

Cases like this will never be able to have 'justice seen to be done' there is always a counter argument to whichever verdict is posted. All that can be done is to try to make sure that the woman involved is not able to carry out such an act again. That is for the medical world to sort out not the legal one.

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul

Old 07-30-2006, 05:31 AM

Lilith,

I think justice was served, if very expensively, in this case. The facts of the case were examined twice, and the error in law that the first trial judge made was corrected by the appeals court. It seems to me that it would have been a miscarriage of justice to imprison for life a woman who was legally insane when she committed the crime.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:37 AM
curvy queen

Regardless of whether Tom Cruise wants to admit it or not, post partum depression is a very, very real and serious mental disease. The woman had 5 children in seven years, and apparantly very little help taking care of them. A woman's body can't heal properly under those conditions, so yes, I think if nothing else she went crazy from the stress of it all. It's just sad to me that no one paid enough attention to see the signs...I'm sure this wasn't her only "bizarre" action.

LAW
Old 07-30-2006, 11:59 AM
~a little bit naughty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Lilith,

I think justice was served, if very expensively, in this case. The facts of the case were examined twice, and the error in law that the first trial judge made was corrected by the appeals court. It seems to me that it would have been a miscarriage of justice to imprison for life a woman who was legally insane when she committed the crime.

I think justice was served in this case as well. However, I certainly don't want to hear in say 3 to 5 years that Andrea was released from the mental facility, declared sane, and gets pregnant again. The thought of her ever having children is hideous to me.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
curvy queen

So in this case, would you be a proponent of government ordered sterilization?

*Discliamer: Not trying to be a smartass, but genuinely curious as to people's thoughts on it.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I had that same question. Having had close friends who had a mentally handicapped child who became an adult and repeatedly had children who had to be taken away due to her inability to care for them, I have always walked the line on sterilization. Such a hard choice.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

From what I have seen I do not think she will ever be let free. They(?) said that when she started to recover from the depression she is in that she realized what she had done to her childern and it sent her back into a deeper depression. I heard this on one of the 24hr news channels while surfing the web, so I did not get any sources.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyarmywife
... would you be a proponent of government ordered sterilization?

lonelyarmywife,

Tough question! While I am a firm believer that there is an exception to every rule, and that Andrea Yates is as good a candidate as I can think of for forced sterilization, eugenics is a dangerous, slippery slope.

Forced sterilization is about as absolute as the death penalty. I’d think long and hard before authorizing the State to do that to its citizens.