Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Try taking up some new activities which are not overtly related to dating. If you widen your circle of friends, you'll then have more chances of meeting someone or being introduced to someone you might like.

Things like amateur drama, ballroom dancing, evening classes, model aeroplanes whatever floats your boat.

You'll be meeting new people without the pressure of each of you thinking 'Hm....do I want to date this person' in a safe environment. If nothing else you'll make good friends and if you do meet someone you like, you'll both have at least one common interest.

Just a thought.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 05-16-2003, 02:25 PM

Loulabelle, expanding your circle is a big ask for an introvert.

See your doctor, let him know that it's a bit soon, but that you're

interested and see how it goes.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:25 PM

Sometimes, nothing turns the switch off in a woman, about a man, than when he acts the part of the nice guy. This guy played that part, and you lost interest in him.

What have you got to lose? Go out with him, and give him a chance to be the guy that you want, with no preconcieved notions on your part; just don't give him too many chances to step up to the plate.

I have had huge luck on sites like match.com, because it is a numbers game. I get to eliminate women who just wouldn't fit, and contact a wide variety of women. The trouble with bars is that I met my ex-wife at one! The trouble with friends is that they all have zero common sense when it comes to my needs - trust your own instincts.

Let's goose up the personals section here! We all share some common (or uncommon) interests

Old 05-18-2003, 02:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Stillwater Send a message via Yahoo to Stillwater
WOW! I know dinner can be an intimidating prospect. It has been for me as I haven't had the chance to "date" much... usually internet relationships, I live in a small town, everyone seems to be seeing someone, etc. Not that that stops everyone from still dating but I digress... It can be fearful to sit down and give someone the chance to get to know you, what will they think, what if .. how about that... what should I... other little questions like that might come to mind.

BUT, having said that. Why not? You do only live once and it's better to live without regrets. You wouldn't be "leading him on." If you feel the need to and you have an empty space in the conversation, tell him you're just off this relationship and how you feel.

That being said you've either said yes and gone or turned him down.. Which is it? How did it go?! *chews his fingernails in rapt curiousity.*
The power to change the course of reality is a gift stolen from the hands of time and fate not by the apathetic nor idealistic dreamers but by those who feel the pull of ambition and head the call with dedication.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:57 PM

Hi Stillwater, Well, it's Sunday afternoon and Dinner was supposed to be last night and guess what? I turned him down and instead ended up spending the day with my son and the person I just got out of a relationship with called (yes we are still friends, but only friends) and we took our dogs to the park. No big deal, but I just don't think I was ready for the whole "getting to know each other thing" Who knows maybe I am crazy and I might even be turning down a chance of a lifetime but if it doesn't feel right to me then it isn't meant to be as of yet. I don't think it would have been fair for me to go have dinenr with a new person and lead him on with him thinking I am interested because I'm not. Maybe in a few weeks or months I might feel ready but not now and the last thing I want to do is make anyone feel bad by leading them on.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:50 PM
"insert spiffy Title"

lol I've never been a fan of putting out ads, sure I'm sure it is a good idea to get your name out and about and let people know your tastes but it seems like such a hassle lmao, of coures who am I to speak, I have such bizzare tastes that finding a lady with matching interests might as well be next to impossible but oh well, ^__^

for anyone besides me I would suggest it lol naturally in my oh so illogical way I will just completely ignore my own advice, ya never know when you'll run into mr right so just keep on truckin and find yourself the perfect guy and don't stop till you do, and if someone trys to stop you beat them with a wiffle bat! lmao it's ok ,you have my permission to beat them, if anyone tries to question you just drop my name and they better run lol

ok that was my strange little arrogant post of the night, enjoy!

Maybe someday I'll see you again, and you'll look me in my eyes and call me a friend.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:56 PM

Incubus255...That was very uplifting and it made me giggle. Thanks for the advice. Actually, i am no longer in need of it me and my guy of three years have worked things out. Best of luck to you though and thanks for watching my back, I will toss your name around in the future if I am being messed with....lol
Old 06-18-2003, 10:12 PM
"insert spiffy Title"

lol Why thank you missy ^__^ I"m glad I could be of help, now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside hehe it's so good to be appreciated , I hope everything works out great for your and your guy!

Maybe someday I'll see you again, and you'll look me in my eyes and call me a friend.