Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 AM
~a little bit naughty~

I pimp out Pixies as much as I can. I have given this link to many friends that I have met on other boards. Some stay and become a major part of us and others come once and never again. I am choosy however on who I give the link to. Pixies is family and I don't want just anyone sitting on my sofa and eating my chocolate.

I'm much like DB. Must be why I like him so much. I play the games and make my rounds to see what there is to yack about.

I do like the more touchier topics because it's fun or informative to read others opinions on touchy subjects that affect us all.

What I'm guilty of and I think many of us are is that we come here and expect there to be threads to post on. What we fail to do is start some threads of our own. I know Lilith is the best at starting threads to get us going and I want to issue a challenge to all Pixies to begin starting threads. If each us just did one a week we would have plenty to say.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 08-29-2006, 10:13 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinglingTess
I want to issue a challenge to all Pixies to begin starting threads.

Do requests for count?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:16 AM
danny & terri

being newbies still, we haven't noticed that the post rate has gone down any. and although we have found everybody friendly, we are still a little shy on beginning new threads. we are having a lot of fun though & find we are both logging on everyday.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
I have been a member here since 2001.The few Old-Time Pixies that are left,
might remember that I'm also a 10% disabled VN Vet.I spilled my blood,partially to give people the right to Free Speech.In respose to a post,of
Who do you mistrust most?Iran or N.Korea.An anwser was given by a moderator-Neither!I mistrust OUR Govt. the most.I haven't posted since &
still feel the same way.People have the right of Free Speech but I joined for
enjoyment & I don't support those views!Everyone has the right to their
opinions,but I disagree.By the way,I am neither Dem or Republican.My wife &
I are registered Independants.I have never had a regret over my disabilty,but
this attitude almost makes me wonder.One thing that I can say is that
I've never changed my mind to make the popularity list! Irish
P.S.Sorry,but the question was asked!

Last edited by Irish : 08-29-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
~a little bit naughty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
Do requests for count?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 08-29-2006, 11:07 AM
gurly gurl

I know for myself it's just not been as easy to sit and play here as I once did. Some people have a hard time with hearing that, but a mobile baby controls me now

Like some of the others said, I'm not interested in coming here to talk politics or religion It's personal to me and I just don't come to an adult forum to discuss that stuff, besides it just makes someone upset.

I love to play the smut games, no harm done there at all.

I just recently shared the site with a long time friend, but haven't really trusted anyone else to know all my business....

I've tried to start up new threads but they aren't as popular as others. We just all need to do our part in keeping this place going.

Hugs
Old 08-29-2006, 01:11 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
I have noticed the same changes and have mentioned them to other, hoping it was just the time of year and when the weather cooled off and kids were back in school, things would pick up. Pixies has become a home away from home for me and I love the people that I share it with. I have told a few people about Pixies, but only very special people.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
As part of the furniture *LOL*...yep Pixies has slowed....but don't panic honestly

It's just going through a 'changing of the guard' moment is all...seen it before and i'm sure i'll see it again...older regs move off and new regs move in

Dunno bout the the other OLD as dirt REGS here...but my life has got busy...i hardly get online let alone to Pixies...though i do try to get here at least once a day

There is a different trend though that i dont like....there are more and more controversial threads appearing...and while i certainly like a good debate ....opinions are like assholes....we all got one and some smell bad to others *LOL* Bring back some lighthearted stuff and people will follow..

One thing i will add.....Members need to get off their ass and post new threads....not expect the same old regs to start things for them....to keep them amused....the regs need some amusement too and it does get hard for the same people to keep coming up with fresh topics....

Maybe go dig through the archives and bump up some older stuff, for the newer members to post there thoughts too??
Old 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Thanks for your views everyone. I really appreciate the feedback.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Is it time to get up?

It's an interesting observation.

At the time i tend to log on (between 9 and 10pm UK time) Pixies is almost totally dead. I have frequently been here and there has been no post in over an hour. On some occasions i have posted and filled up a full page of new posts without another name breaking it up.

The reason I originally started visiting Pixies, was because by the time i stopped being Mr Family Man each evening, it was too late to do much with my hobby (writing and recording music). It was great to see the banter in smut games and i loved it dearly. I do love it still when it it is busyer. And the adult side of things was rather appealing too of course.

I have got so fond of some people. But things are changing for me. My youngest is nearly 10 and likes to hog the computer as much as me. And I find I am not doing anything constructive as i appear to be addicted to Pixies even when it is dead!

Now i regularly kick my own ass and make myself do other stuff, leaving pixies up and running, intermitantly looking to see whats happening. I even started to get the music thing happening again. But the result is that I hardly post any more.

A couple of weeks back I even asked Lillith if it was possible to delete my ID to force myself to be more sensible in how I used my time. I will be suprised if i leave Pixies entirely... I am far too adicted, but lately it has become more like another place i go to check my mail. And of course, as i'm not very active these days, even my pm box is feeling rather rested, lol.

Now this isn't a complaint please note... just an observation of how changes in life effect things and how weak willed i am!!!!

It surely has to be true that new blood is needed to keep things interesting and stop it dying out altogeather eventually.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Loungin' Around

I'm still posting regularly, but I often feel a bit guilty about posting because I will come in and there are few if any new posts. I feel like I am dominating the Boards, so I go away for several hours or a day to wait for someone else to speak. Not much happened while I was only intermittently available during my vacation. I've tried to start a few new threads here recently beacuse I had sensed the slowdown.

Personally, I have tried to be a bit more upbeat -- I used to use Pixies to vent and I am trying not to do so as much anymore. I have not recommended any friends of mine to join Pixies, mostly because the side of me you all see is very private for me, and none of my friends see it. My persona at Pixies is a very real facet of my personality, but one I don't want to share with my RL friends. Perhaps that's selfish...but it's the truth.

What will help? Some new threads, and some new blood. Both would be a great help. If we all chip in on the threads portion, naybe we'll get new members. :-)

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 08-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Just me.

Did anyone notice Lil's new AV. That ought to attract some new members.

Last edited by dicksbro : 08-29-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:02 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i keep my avs off during the day - the rumpus room doesn't have a door in the new house. - and almost always forget to turn them on if i get a chance to visit after the kids have gone beddie-bye.

i'm sure i'm missing all kinds of sexy pictures

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 08-29-2006, 06:03 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I have them off too but decided to spice things up just a bit

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-29-2006, 06:05 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
*sigh* now i gotta get the kids to close thier eyes for a minute so i can chek it out.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose