Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2002, 10:09 AM
SSHHH....It's a secret!

~~Tears~~ Thats so sad, but a great story! its too true, all of my pets were strays, my newest addition is my kitten Kalisto, she was running around outside the grocery store i work at around 530 in the morning meowing and scared, hungry...we had to catch her, she clawed and bit but we got her in a box, and i took her home at the end of my day...now she's my little kitty, not some crazed psyco kitten running around...she might not even be here if we didnt catch her, she probly would have run into the street
just thought i would share my kitten's story

~*~Wisper~*~

~Hugz, Love, & Chicken Grease!~
Old 10-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
Ok, I'm not going to condemn anyone for taking their animal to the pound but..... less than 30% of the animals Dogs Cats, Bunnies....will get adopted. The rest get what we call "pink juice" it's an injection of sodium pentabarbital or Gassed. There is another option, there is breed-specific rescue. I have Australian Shepherd, Catahoula, and Scottish Terrier Rescue of North Alabama. There are rescues for all breeds from Italian Greyhounds and Chi's to Great Danes and Lurchers. Rescue organizations are no-kill unless the dog or cat has irreconcilable behaviour issues IE (especially in context of big dogs) Biteing due to dominance, Overburdening of Health problems: Diabetic+ heart worms multiple medical conditions.
I drove 1000 miles to pick up Remy my 9 month old catahoula who was born without eyes, she is the victim of a bad breeder who put two of the same colour pattern together and it gave a genetic fault called a homozygous merle. this dog has Demodectic mange(basically most of her hair is gone and she is covered in pustules) no eye balls at all, deaf in one ear, but she still enjoy running in the yard or on leash when we go for our nightly outing with the other 9 dogs in our home.
http://home.hiwaay.net/~bar/strna.shtm