Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Personals
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Update

So, Wednesday was the day I had to get my mask made. I'd been told, though I can't remember who by, this is made from the same papier mache-type stuff fruit and other items are packaged in, and I would have to shave my moustache off (which I've had now for about 30 years!) So, I did.

Into the Beatson Treatment floor, and chatting to the tech while he explains the procedure, he shows me the material they use - THERMOPLASTIC!

And it doesn't cover your mouth/lips!! Raging is NOT the word!!!! FYI, I have convinced myself it would have fallen out eventually anyway, as most of my hair seems to be doing at the moment, but it's no real consolatiion!

Anyway, this TP comes in the form of a thickish mesh, which is heated to about 70 degrees (Celsius) then (quickly!) moulded over the contours of your face & shoulders as it cools. There are quick-release "poppers" which hold you to the carbon-fibre table, seven sets IIRC, which is actually not as claustrophobic as I thought it was going to be!

Once he'd trimmed it up a bit, he showed me it - it's quite bizarre to see a 3-D rendition of yourself! I had to go back on Thursday to undergo a "CT Simulation", which is where the mask is used to 'strap me down' and determine exactly where the X-ray beam is to be deployed, and where the entry/exit points on my skin will be. That's important in order that I can manage my 'skin regime' right from the word go. (It gets very red and sore during the treatment - like very bad sunburn, outside AND inside!)

The Mask

Wearing this for the ten minutes or so it took for them to do a CT scan was, quite possibly, the most intensely horrible thing I've ever had done to me! I'm a wee bit claustrophobic at the best of times, and lying there, pinned to a carbon-fibre table, eyes shut because of the mask, wasn't my idea of a good time. And I've to do that another 33 times!! Oh Joy!

I shall do my best to update this thread properly in future!!

Incidentally, I copied this from another (car!!) Forum I'm a member of, hence the editing x 2!!!
I only own my mind
Old 07-12-2009, 09:45 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I'm not sure if you can get your hands on it but my sis swore by the emu oil we sent her to treat the burns.

That contraption is so scary for me too. I have issues with anything that makes me feel trapped so they would have to sedate me. You are so brave. btw 33 is my lucky number so I think that is a great sign that you will be blasting that fucker right outta there!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I'm not sure if you can get your hands on it but my sis swore by the emu oil we sent her to treat the burns.

That contraption is so scary for me too. I have issues with anything that makes me feel trapped so they would have to sedate me. You are so brave. btw 33 is my lucky number so I think that is a great sign that you will be blasting that fucker right outta there!

I shall definitely investigate Lil - thanks.

DM
I only own my mind
Old 07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Not there yet.....

I have not been around of late DM or I would have posted sooner. I KNOW that you'll make it 33 (my lucky number too) more times too. Maybe post a "C" with a circle around it and slash thru it on that big bike you'll be getting! Right across the gas tank so ever time you look down you'll see how many punches you've given!

Many prayers coming your (and DB's) way! Stay strong oh Pixie warrior!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
re: The Mask - Lil says she couldn't stand to wear it, but something tells me she wouldn't have any problem using it on someone else...in her dungeon...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Pretty much where I was going, Scotzoid...DM383 in Lil's Dungeon. I can so see this hapening. And without a lot of protest on either side.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Starts thinking about what all she can fit into that one opening...

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Keep thinking those thoughts, Lil!!

I'm back in hospital tomorrow (Friday), early-doors, and although I can get to use the internet, it's in an "internet cafe" type setting so I'm not able able to visit here. I can "talk" with PantyFanatic via Facebook (when he remembers he's got it, that is!!) so if anyone has anything vital to tell me, please do so via PF.

Won't be long - be back home on Wednesday next, with any luck, and looking forward to lots of sexy new pics from our wonderful Pixie ladies.

DM
I only own my mind
Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Loungin' Around

I'm sending healing, sexy thoughts your way, DM. You will kick this cancer's ass, of that I have no doubt.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Ug.

What a hassle.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Home again!

Eventually managed to come home this morning, after the last bag of Chemo finally decided to finish at 03:15! Talk about tedious - waking up at what seemed like every 10 minutes, only to see NO change in the levels.. Aaaargh!

Anyway, home now, and the dogs went absolutely crazy when they saw me, which was nice. Funnily enough, the Spaniel is the one we thought would be the least bothered about, well, anything really, but not so; he's been quite clingy with H, pestering her for attention almost all the time - not like him at all! Not quite enough to put him off his food though!!

So, a wee rest now, then in for CT Simulation No. 2 next Thursday followed by commencement of the Radiotherapy on August 5th. I have to stay in overnight a couple of times over the course of the ensuing 6 weeks for additional Chemo, but I'm sure I'll manage!! This past 6 days have been sooo tedious - I guess first admission wasn't so bad, because everything was new and different, whereas this time........ well, watching paint dry would have been more fun!!

Righto, time for my nap........ see y'all later!
I only own my mind
Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

You need sudoku books or some such?
Old 08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
You need sudoku books or some such?

No sir, but thanks for the thought! Never managed to get into Sudoku, and my concentration of late has been pretty piss-poor TBH - it's been all I can do to even spend half an hour online!

Thursday past, I had the CT Simulation of what will be my 34 (I miscounted! ) radiotherapies, which first of all involved re-shaping "The Mask". That alone took nearly 40 minutes, and by the time they'd run the 2 sims required - well, let's just say I wasn't the happiest chappie in the world! Me and wee spaces/close-fitting masks just don't mix! Thankfully, the actual treatments will last 10 minutes each, tops.

Overnight Chemo #1 is next Friday/Saturday (what a bummer!) then into the every weekday routine. I, along with H and my daughter, am going to see a Brit comedian called Bill Bailey on the 21st, which I fear will be my last public outing until about mid October, maybe later, due to the burning of the skin and oesophagus which will be caused by the radiotherapy. Hopefully I'll at least manage a few laughs before that.....

Nothing much more to say at the moment, except thanks to all those who have sent, and continue to send, their love and best wishes. You all know who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

DM
I only own my mind
Old 08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Don't forget to ask the Dr about Carafate and get some emu oil for the burns. ((hugs)) Did you hear the lead singer of the Beastie Boys has some type of throat cancer too.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 08-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Don't forget to ask the Dr about Carafate and get some emu oil for the burns. ((hugs)) Did you hear the lead singer of the Beastie Boys has some type of throat cancer too.

Forgot about the Emu oil - I'll check that out today. Thanks Lil.
I only own my mind