Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
It does, and it doesn't. It is a little more close to the first novel than the first four radio or tv episodes. But there are quite a number of differences. I think for the most part it did work out well, though there were some bits I missed having, like the confrontation with the Galactic Police in Radio/TV Episode 4, or the end of the first book. In the movie it's a confrontation with the Vogons. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that that particular scene has its own odd bit of humor, and it got cut. There's also the confrontation with Eddie the Shipboard Computer's "Emergency Backup Personality" when they first land on Magrathea that's completely missing. A lot of the new stuff did fit rather well, I thought, and left several plot threads open for a sequel.

Oh and yes, 3 of us went in robes, and a total of 4 of us had towels (and we weren't the only ones with towels, though nobody else did robes ). We got cut down to six from eight when my younger brother and his friend backed out - they decided to go with their circle of friends and do something else....
Old 04-30-2005, 06:11 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
I have to say, I really enjoyed it. And once again it has been proved, if you need aliens, you go with Henson's Creatureworks!

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 05-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Just me.

Oh yeah ... it did the way open for a sequel when at the end the talked about going to dinner at ...

the restaurant at the end of the universe ... where else?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
Oh yeah ... it did the way open for a sequel when at the end the talked about going to dinner at ...

the restaurant at the end of the universe ... where else?

In one of the MANY interviews granted over the movie, the producers/directors have said that there are probably two more movies' worth of good ideas (I'm thinking REU and LUE, books 2 and 3).

The movie closed the weekend in FIRST PLACE (in the US Box Office), with an estimated US$21.5 million take.

ALSO, the BBC Radio 4 adaptation of Books 4 and 5 start THIS WEEK, running for the next eight weeks. They will be webcast live, and then available on demand for a week after the Thursday repeats. www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/
Old 05-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Lady in Waiting

I'm planning to go see it this weekend!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Am I really here?

My "Making of" book just arrived from the UK (and so did my autographed copy of the SW Ep III novelization, but that's another story altogther, pun not intended). It's hardbound, full color, and looks REALLY good....