Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2002, 07:51 AM
Horny Devil

Send a message via ICQ to legend
Irish: Are u talking about the movie about them? The movie The Doors starred Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison.

The sun is gone, but I have a light - Kurt Cobain

~I love Nikki~
Old 02-20-2002, 08:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
legend---I don't know the name of it.VH-1 is not in my TV Guide.
I found out it was on by looking at the preview channel.I work out
every evening and I have a TV in my workout room.I find alot of
things by the preview channel.VH-1,HBO11,"E",etc. are not in my TV Guide.If I watch TV in the front room,even if;there is something
on that I want to see;I fall asleep! Irish
P.S.One of the symptoms of "old age!"
Old 08-23-2008, 08:44 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
What about new concerts????

I loved Jimmy Buffett, John Mellancamp, Eagles, Peter Frampton, and Aerosmith

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-23-2008, 08:50 AM

Foreigner played at Oshkosh. They were OK.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Mr. Lil saw them too I think. And what is left of Journey.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Does the first Farm Aid concert in Sept, 1985 count. I worked security for it from 5am Sunday until 2am Monday. One loooooong day. I have also seen Peter, Paul and Mary twice and the Rolling Stones.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
And what is left of Journey.

I've making the joke since John Entwhistle died that the latest Who album should have been called "Who's Left"...the biggest problem with concerts now is that most of the "classic" era bands have lost too many members, to death or inability to play well with others

With that in mind, I saw a semi-reunion of Kansas some years ago that was ok, but the REAL Kansas reunion not only got me, but turned #1 son into a Kansas fan as well.

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:35 AM
unregistered mutt. woof!

I went to so many concerts that it's not easy to peg one best. What I can give is a bit of a categorization of some.

The best event I ever went to see was on Sat. 21 Jun 1975 at The Empire Stadium, Wembley- London England, to see (respectively) for a $50 ticket; Rufus-featuring Chaka Khan;
Joe Walsh (solo after James Gang AND BEFORE joining the Eagles);
Joe Cocker -one song cameo- "You are so beautiful.";
Eagles touring their "On the Border Album" I think Randy Miesner and Bernie Leadon were still in the group [the true original group]. As a bit of trivia, I think Timothy B Schmidt was just getting things worked out from POCO;
The Beach Boys (forever so popular in England); and,
The headliner was Elton John, "Philadelphia Freedom had just hit #1 in USA." Elton John was the best performance I ever saw at the time;

The LOUDEST ever was Emerson Lake and Palmer in Mannheim Germany- I have the live recording of that concert tour on tape!;

The ROWDiest concert crowd was at an Alice Cooper performance. His album "Black Widow" was going to #1 in Europe, the Cavemen MC was in charge of security;

The most fun was JAN & DEAN in Portland Oregon; and,

THE most memorable exciting and heart-throbbing concert was The BEEGEES in Portland in Spring of 1979. At that moment their song "Trajedy" was #1 in USA & UK. They opened the show with it and did a three song encore.

Talk about CLASS ACTS. All of these concerts were tops of the lot. Rod Stewart blew us away in Frankfurt. So did Eric Clapton in the "Jahrhunderthalle" that evening in touring his 461 Ocean Blvd LP with the girl who sang the lead role from the stage production of "Jesus Christ Superstar," Yvonne Elliman. Fats Domino was the opening act.

YES was phenomenal in their concert. At another venue, we were driven wild by Deep Purple with Thin Lizzy opening the show and electrifying every soul that knew hard driving Rock n Roll.

I feel though, that to give you what I think is the best concert I've ever attended, it was the performance shown me by my Daughter when she sang "Hopelessly Devoted" in her school talent production.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."
Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Leo was right

Lots of really great ones but for some reason Huey Lewis & The News stood out for me. I want to say it was in the summer of 1985.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Manwhore

Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They ALWAYS have a really good show.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM

Gentle Giant…*circa 1975.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Learning to talk sexy

It's been many years since I've gone to a concert, but the best would probably have to be

Neil Diamond -- it was not long after Jazz Singer (movie) had been released (a LONG LONG time ago) .... but if memory serves me right, he did 3 or 4 encores ... - originally he had booked for 3 nights in our city (where I lived at the time) and they sold the tickets out so fast that he added another night.

Most of my life I've lived in less populated areas, so concerts haven't always been an easy option .... So the ones I've been able to go to have all been memorable.

3 times to Alabama (in their heyday), George Strait (I'm probably spelling it wrong), Earl Thomas Conley, Gordon Lightfoot (3 times) and of course the Neil Diamond concert mentioned above. It may sound like I mainly was into country/western ... which I do enjoy, but that actually had more to do with what my friends liked, since going to a concert alone wouldn't be any fun at all!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:03 AM
arOusal art!st!

Send a message via AIM to Salacious Send a message via Yahoo to Salacious
Best concert I ever attended I wasn't expecting. It included a road trip. I went with a true die hard fan and post concert I understood.

9/11/1992 Cyclone Stadium, Ames, IA - U2 Zoo TV Tour

It was an amazing show. I never thought a person could have so much on stage charisma. Most memorable for me.

Variety is the soul of pleasure. ~ Aphra Behn

Old 08-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Perhaps my most mind-altering concert was Bruce Springsteen at the Opry House, circa 1975-76, Born To Run tour, for sure. Talk about on stage charisma, it drips off The Boss...along with a lot of sweat Funny thing is, the sound quality wasn't as good as I normally associate with the Opry House, but he puts on a two-hour show that will pin your ears back. Standout of the show was a long story he told about not getting along with his father (a common theme in all his music) that turned into a slow, hard driving cover of the Animals' "It's My Life"...

I went in as someone who thought "Born To Run" was an ok song, but nothing else had made a major impact on me. I left thinking what Jon Landau would say after seeing Bruce live the first time: "I have seen the future of rock n roll, and its name is Bruce Springsteen!"

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
when sting opened for the dead. giants staduim was practically empty and i sat there with my hubby, just talking, while sting serenaded us.

then the long haired freaky people showed up.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose