Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
While I sympathise AND empathise with you Aqua (My daughter is nearly 13, and has her own laptop already!) This may be somewhat amusing - I thought so, anyway!

DM
I only own my mind
Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Manwhore

That was damn funny dm! Thank you for the laugh!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
That was damn funny dm! Thank you for the laugh!

Y'welcum mate...... anytime!!

DM
I only own my mind
Old 10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Naked and in Love

*Bump*

Doing a little catching up and ran across this thread.......

Aqua, don't know how things are going as far as your or other parent's concerns, but did you know about a site called xpeeps?.....it's a spin-off from Myspace that's x-rated. Most of the ppl at xpeeps have Myspace accounts also......i get the impression from sumpin i read on one blog at xpeeps that certain "adult" things were getting deleted from Myspace so these ppl moved to xpeeps with the adult stuff but still hang around Myspace, as well.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:38 PM
~a little bit naughty~

My 14 year old has a MS account. It's private and I make sure to have her show it to me at random times so that I know what she is up to. We talk a lot about being safe and I pray and fret.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 10-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Lost without a compass.

Send a message via Yahoo to Mercury_Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteCoupleOz
*Bump*

Doing a little catching up and ran across this thread.......

Aqua, don't know how things are going as far as your or other parent's concerns, but did you know about a site called xpeeps?.....it's a spin-off from Myspace that's x-rated. Most of the ppl at xpeeps have Myspace accounts also......i get the impression from sumpin i read on one blog at xpeeps that certain "adult" things were getting deleted from Myspace so these ppl moved to xpeeps with the adult stuff but still hang around Myspace, as well.

i'm on Myspace and Xpeeps, but in no way are they connected, some people post their links to both but i don't.

i wanna keep that stuff separate.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh boy!

First there is ®Glo-Worm...then there is ®Leap Pad...and then MySpace?

They grow up soooooooooooo fast, eh?

As to the internet being a lesser fear then in your own backyard...that might be true elsewhere but from what I've seen on those "sexual preditor shows" the deviants are ALL over the internet and have a way of "picking out" the weakest to prey on!

From what I know of you Aqua, you are a caring, diligent parent with a good head on his shoulders as to the things to be leary of in this world! If any of that has rubbed off on your daughter then she'll be ok...I just know it!

Now...when she gets to college...let's talk again! *giggle*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Manwhore

((((((((Lixy)))))))))))

Thank you for your encouraging words!

Here's the update... as for right now, she is not using her Myspace (it's still there, but she's not accessing it) because the terms of use state that she must be 14 and she isn't there quite yet. She has her email and another Myspace type site she is using so it's not a huge issue at the moment.

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice and shared their experience. I appreciate it very much.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 10-24-2006, 04:18 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
All my students just lie

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-09-2006, 11:57 PM

DM, I have something like that letter that I read to my students every year, sort of an "it could be worse than a D in Chemistry."

Aqua, we've all been raising our kids since day one, and I'm guessing from what I'm reading here that most of us have been involved with our kids all along, and have pretty good relationships with them, and thats good because I don't think its a good idea to start getting involved when they hit adolescence (geez mom, you never followed me when I was playing doctor after preschool).

That being said, as parents we are becoming less important and less influential to our teenage children, which is perfectly normal because the peer group is becoming more important, after all our kids are going to work with, marry, grow old with these peers.

As far as I know, most coercive sex and most abuse is still carried out by someone the victim knows. I also believe that television sensationalizes everything nowadays, and implies more about things like MySpace than it can show evidence for. That doesn't mean that the net is safe, and I'm not suggesting it is. I think that a lot of our concern as parents stems from the fact we know that we are all probably lucky to have passed through adolescence relatively unscathed, and we probably all know someone who wasn't as lucky.

Which brings us to MySpace. I suspect that a lot of it is pretty harmless, just like most of the net, or most of the kids at my daughter's high school. The problem is that a kid can get to know someone over MySpace (or think they get to know them). Add to that the fact that all the bad apples, not just the local ones, can access the information on the net, and I can understand your concern.

Sooner or later our kids are going to find out for themselves though..

Old 11-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Stiff Member

Like others here, I have my own account and watch her to make sure her MS is restricted to friends. I have talked about it with her and explained the dangers. We have the PC in plain sight. So far, all is well!

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give.

I hear your sweet voice calling
out my name
As I stare from a six foot cell
And from beyond I heard the words
Deceptively Yours
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM
single, pert and firm!

Send a message via MSN to Emzo
As a teenager, I wouldnt recommend delving too deeply into it. MySpace's administrators are making the site more and more secure every day.

The last thing a teen wants is for their parents to start asking them questions about it, and at the end of the day if your child has an ounce of intelligence, they are unlikely to meet someone from there anyway, and thus be fairly safe from predators.

As for the "In A Relationship" part, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont ask about that. If she/he is in a relationship, maybe its just getting started or he/she is testing the waters with a partner, when they are ready to tell you they will, dont go delving into it as we teenagers are very private about our personal lives and dont like involving our parents as much as theyd want.

Even if they have a MySpace account, they probably have accounts on other social networking sites also, there's little you can do about it really.

And darkness overcame until she screamed alone in vain.
Oh how lovely as she gasps, yet so innocently sleeping.
Bullet to the head... soon you'll be sleeping
Pull this trigger to your antidote
She had the eyes of an angel with a heart like a traitor
We always knew you'd go up in flames
We always you'd go out with a bang

Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to ReaperWoman
My mum was constaantly on my case about chatting online to unknown people. She used to tape things off the TV about the dangers of internet predators all the time. I never really convinced her enough that I was being extra careful, not giving out lots of details and things. When I did get close to one person and exchanged phone numbers with them, she obviously fretted again. But she appreciated that when I did finally meet up with him (3 years later) that I told her where I was going, and was taking 2 friends with me. I imagine there's a good chance she spied on me, god knows she still tries to today (though I'm much more computer wise these days, much better at covering my tracks... (sorry all you parents, but the day will come...))

My advice would be to educate them and make them wary, but don't overcrowd them. And if you're going to spy, make sure you only approach your kids if it's something really serious.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 AM
is not this trim anymore!

OMG!!! Don't leave the house!

click here

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Aqua, just to mention, if it hasn't already been, that the 'In a relationship' bit might simply be her way of trying to ward off predators or youngsters her age from pestering her. To be honest, it's probably a good thing for her to do, as predators often target girls whom they feel are vulnerable/ lonely. Making out that she's not available is surely better than advertising the opposite?

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !