Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2004, 08:35 AM

Belial,

Keep the CIA in mind if you wish. Doing so does not change the relationship that the Taliban had with the terrrorist organization Al-Qaeda. It provided provided santuary.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:52 AM
I make sexytime with you

And the CIA provided training. Since the issue of training seems to be a relevant one to justification for bombing Afghanistan, can it be used to justify bombing the US?
I want to do something that matters
Old 09-14-2004, 09:12 AM

Belial,

Why yes. Of course it can! A government which does so need only accept the consequences. The Taliban can, in this way, serve as a good example of a bad example! I never thought about it that way. Thank you.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:24 PM
I make sexytime with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Belial,

The Taliban can, in this way, serve as a good example of a bad example!

What do you mean?
I want to do something that matters
Old 09-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Kendall

me thinks u guys have been suckleing too much from King Bush's bosum
Old 09-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Booger Lama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Belial,

Why yes. Of course it can! A government which does so need only accept the consequences. The Taliban can, in this way, serve as a good example of a bad example! I never thought about it that way. Thank you.

Am I the only person this statemant gives a head ache.

I think the point Belial was trying to make was that the CIA trained Binladen and many of the other al-Qaeda leaders. Just because they called it gorilla warfare if you get down to it, it just a diferent side of the same coin.

Not only that the CIA has supported and they have been knowen to use terrrorist when they deem it's for their best intrest.

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 09-15-2004, 05:05 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
GingerV~ I read your post and once again you gave me an opportunity to look at something in a different way. Thanks!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Count Spankula

This thread makes my head hurt...

Like many other topics, war is not one that people who are on polar opposite sides of the argument will ever be able to convince the other that he/she is right. Rant on and prove that you are a better thinker/debater than the other, that you can recite all the doctrines that support your beliefs, that you can belittle someone with a differing point of view. My opinion of world politics will not change from this thread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to look at the beautiful, naked women of Pixies...
Old 09-15-2004, 09:52 AM

Booger

It is general knowledge that the CIA provided training and funding for the Afghan resistance to the Soviet backed government during the Cold War.

I’m sure your not suggesting that it was therefore acceptable for the Afghan government to provide Al-Qaeda support for its assault on the United States, are you?
Old 09-15-2004, 01:02 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Keep it on topic and/or courteous or take it to PM.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Booger Lama

jseal

If you train a dog to be viscous and to bite then you kick it and it bites you do you blame the dog or the person who trained it?

The US *trained (this was part of the suport) Binladen and many of the other al-Qaeda leaders when they were fighting the Soviet backed government during the Cold War. So if we are going to start to lay the blame maybe we should look at some of the US policies that helped lead to the events on 9/11. Not only did the US train the people who masterminded this do to our policies they deemed us a big enough threat that they dared risk such a thing. If you truely beleave the attacked us over some holly war as we have been told. Then you seem to be looking at a very small part of the big picture and with this I can not help you.

* the training we gave them was to fight a much bigger and better armed force using what ever means possible.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 09-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Booger Lama

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler_m
This thread makes my head hurt...

Like many other topics, war is not one that people who are on polar opposite sides of the argument will ever be able to convince the other that he/she is right. Rant on and prove that you are a better thinker/debater than the other, that you can recite all the doctrines that support your beliefs, that you can belittle someone with a differing point of view. My opinion of world politics will not change from this thread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to look at the beautiful, naked women of Pixies...

skyler you don't debate someone to change their mind. Becasue if they have taken the opposite side of debat most likely you won't. The debate is for others who are watching who maybe haven't made up thier minds or to maybe give them a new way of looking at the same old thing.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:05 AM
Serious Member

I am enjoying Jseal's gold medal performance (I'm not sure I always understand him though).

The man you quote Booger, Mr. Bertrand Russell was also a master on the paradoxical subject of the ethics of war.

Sometimes you have to make decisions that you know are only 55% right and unfortunately the 45% wrong can hang around to kick you in the ass later. Sometimes you can be wrong in the first place, but I wouldn't question the overall position that the CIA acts in the US's best interests or that those interests may be unpalatable to many of your own citizens let alone others around the world.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:57 AM

Booger,

I may be wrong, but I believe that the purpose of the War on Terrorism is not to lay the blame for the situation, but rather to curtail the activity.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:10 AM

And how's that working jseal? I'll admit, my interpretation is that we haven't seen a decrease in terror attacks recently. But I haven't yet seen a scholarly accounting of pre- and post- gulf war numbers. If you've got one, I'd like to see it.

I'm not going to repeat myself, you don't win a War on Terror by invading the wrong damned country. I'm not convinced you win it by invading any country.