Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2005, 08:35 AM
~getting by~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirltease
Osuche tell me one thing....... What good has ever came from a political thread at this site? None! All it ends up being is a bunch of name calling. If I were to say something I didn't like about the english government or the chinese gov't. then I'd be labeled prejudice or racist now wouldn't I? Yes, I know you're trying to be civil about this and so am I. Btw I've always liked you and I know you are a very smart lady and I admire you. But STILL this IS a SEX forum. Why do we want to invite discussions that we know cause tempers to flare?

Pardon my rude interruption, as I'm not osuche, but felt compelled to throw in a response...

I've never quite understood the concept of why political or other contorversial yet intellectual topics were taboo or become heated quickly. I understand that the underlying tone of pixies-place is erotica and sexuality, but if that is all that it was intended to be, with no furhter expansion, why do we have a forum that is titled "GENERAL CHAT" with the subtitle chat about anything here ? I see plenty of threads sprinkled across the forum that are non-sex related, yes a sexual innuendo may be added to the thread, or a flirt and a tease, but the underlying tone of the thread isn't necessarily sex. These threads aren't cast aside or complained about. The only thing I see wrong with the political threads is that people are passionate at pixies-place. And oftentimes passion prevents us from being most civil to one another, as it causes us to speak straight from the heart. Would it be such a wrong thing for citizens of our world to be passionate about politics of our locale and the world? Goodness something just might change with knowledge and passion.

Now maybe I'm out of line here, and if so, I'm confident someone will let me know. I understand that there are political forums that I could go to and have discussions until the end of time, but perhaps I just enjoy the company of pixies-place more and I enjoy listening/reading the ideas of these sexy people. I can't help but agree that if someone is offended by a topic or feels the needs to scream at the top of their lungs because of the contents that they could just as easily avoid the thread as they could scream. We are all adults and capable of making choices.

I personally, don't take enough time to become as educated as I could about politics within my country or globally, and thus am not quick to respond to the threads, but to the point that an intellectual and informative discussion is being had, I enjoy reading and learning it from my pixies rather than some drone of a news reporter.

Those are my :cents: , and I don't expect to be agreed with universally but hope that my thoughts also aren't offending to anyone as that certainly isn't my intent.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:16 AM
~a little bit naughty~

Just to respond to Pixies having controversial threads. I have no problem with it and would enjoy seeing more. Pixies is like family in so many ways and families discuss, debate and yes even rant at one another about a variety of topics. I believe debate is healthy and if done with respect for the person and not attacking them but the topic people can learn from each other.

I don't want to go to other boards to discuss hot topics with strangers. I would rather do it here with people I know and like. Even if we have very different view points on a certain topic doesn't mean we can't agree on other issues. That's what keeps us all interesting and unique.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 02-07-2005, 10:44 AM

Lilith,

Pixies Place is not perfect, and it cannot be. It is, at the same time the most accessible and accommodating site of which I’m aware. It is unusual for a member to “go after” another member or to disfigure a thread, and even then usually only when provoked. Not unheard of, but very unusual.

It will never be possible for all new voices to find a home here, but I am aware of only a very few who the existing members were were unable to accommodate.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:30 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i’d like to weigh in on this speaking as a semi-newbie. i don’t worry that that’s what other people thinkof me, that’s how i think of myself. i just started writing but i’m warning you before you go on, i might have a lot to say.

i have been a pixie for almost a year and i am beginning to understand the basics, nevermind the intricacies. i seem to have a eureka about something, technical or social, every week. i know i’ve said before that i stumbled onto this sight but i don’t think you know how stumble-y it really was. it’ll give you an idea when i say i was reading pixies’ stories for about 6 months before i even noticed there were buttons on the page that said things like ‘post’ let alone what they meant. i didn’t know what this place was nor had i ever haerd about anything like it. it was a surprise to me whe i saw there were conversations going on. knowing what i do now, i would have introduced myself and taken time to get to know the place. instead i jumped right in. i had no idea i was entering a house and didn’t act accordingly. i wasn’t abrasive but i didn’t even say hi. like i said…clueless.

when i joined here people were nice, but not overly so. and some people were rude….but not overly so. i wasn’t crying over it. there was, in my case, a time or two where i was called on something that someone else was not. was that a double standard or abuse of senority? i don't know, because maybe that other someone was called on it, too, but privately. i think people forget sometimes that everthing that goes on does not happens right there in balck and white for all to see. and anyway, that’s life, some people are snots. and i didn’t wish someone would come to my rescue or make sure i was being treated fairly but then again i didn’t understand that therewas even anyone out there that could or would. it wouldn’t have made a difference anyway. and because that was my first understanding of pixies it is the one i still carry with me now. yes the mods are there for help and i have asked for it but i don't expect them to protect me, babysit me or spoon feed me. i am a big girl and i will sink or swim on my own and take my commuppance when it's due.

so where i’m going with this is to say that that ^^^ doesn’t give me any qualifications to comment on flaming and how pixies and other sights handle it. the only other forum i’ve seen is two brief glimpses of literotica. and i’m not even sure of it’s exact meaning. i know it’s when someone gets ganged up on but i don’t’ know when it stops being telling a jerk to get an attitude adjustment and starts being flaming. but as a member of pixies who likes it here and cares about it and checks out the discussions about a hundred times more than she checks out the pictures, i’d like to say how i see it. i am unqualified in the extreme but i am continuing on because you asked and i know that you genuinely want everyone who wants to speak do so. and that, i think, is a good example of how welcoming pixies is already.

unfortunately, i don’t think you can make new people feel more welcome, lil. besides just being nice yourself (which you are) and setting the example and putting things back on track when they go astray (which you do), you can’t force the issue. in fact, maybe thats what this thread is about ina way, too: a reminder of sorts.

i really do think letting people have their say is allowed at pixies. show me one time where a mod said you’re not allowed to have that opinion and i’ll retract that statement. snotty and nasty are different and we can all tell the difference. if you wanna be a snot go ahead but don’t come crying if you find yourself suddenly on the defensive. and if someone wants to be rude they shouldn’t complain when someone else calls them on it--just as you are allowed to speak your mind, so am i. dealing with sheer nastiness is is just one of the ways the mods keep pixies friendly; if you’re nasty it’s not long before you are shown the door. it’s a shame that people don’t post more interesting discussions on occasion. i am another one that would love a spirited debate on (insert interesting controversial topic here) but then again, i would never turn something like that pesonal. some do and that ruins it for all. if having controversial discussions ruins the site it’s frankly not worth the trade off. c’est la vie

and i’m just hypothesizing here (apropos how some have said that they feel the mods weren't as interfering in the past) but it could be that because of the sensitivity to it and the troubles it’s caused in the past, that the lines between meanie and snot are getting blurred. perhaps an avoid-at-all-costs approach has crept in here, prematurely quashing anything that has the distant scent of nasty. which in turn has promted members to become more sensitive to it as well. pixies has been evolving for some time now and it will continue to do so. i can tell you that the the way the mod's have reacted to nastiness has been consistent and fair since i joined but on occasion i do go back through the much earlier threads (this, as newbie-to-newbie advice, is a neat and often touching or funny way to get to know people who have been around awhile) and it does seem to me people got away with a bit more than they do now, but not a whole lot. then again i would never know any private communtications in either case. either way, you are the ones who make the judgement calls now that will maintain the level of integrity the owners want. you gotta call em as you see em and in no way do i think this should be democratic. i do not envy you in the least. you’re almost always going to upset someone. i can practically feel how frustrating this would be.

this isn’t a party, lil, where you are the hostess and need to personally make certain everyone knows where the potty is and has someone to talk to. it’s a house. a huge, rambling, old many-corridored mansion where people communicate through post-it notes stuck on the walls. you’ve put up signs, you’ve categorize the site so people can find what they are looking for. you are welcoming and friendly and helpful and that is enough, more than enough. but actually trying to find a place where every pixie can fit it? you can break the forums down into even more specific categories i guess and put stickies in every one telling any who cares to read them about the expectations, philosophy and rules but i don’t think it’s possible to make sure everyone is happy here. i love that you even want to try, though. (((((((hugs))))))) it says volumes about the kind of person you are.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 02-07-2005, 01:11 PM
is not this trim anymore!

What the hell, bibi? I had a great hijack opportunity and you deleted your post!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Made in England

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
What the hell, bibi? I had a great hijack opportunity and you deleted your post!

LMAO...don't you think it was a wise move?
Old 02-07-2005, 05:21 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
More interesting reads....I appreciate everyone who has made an effort to voice their views.

Some clarifications, since some people seem confused. The only topics that are not permitted here are those regarding minors (which includes discussions about your own experiences as a minor), and bestiality. In the past, myself or moderators have pulled or edited threads where people quit debating the subject and begain to be rude and disrespectful to others in the thread. This is usually only after my attempts through PMs to curb their attitude has failed. When this occurs, I do not need everyone to view the posts and give me their opinion before I act in what I believe to be the best interest of the site and it's members.

Most long term members have seen how controversial threads play out. It's consistently the same....view one, view two, view one with support, view two with support, view one with support, view two with support, view one with support, view two with support, view three, view one with support, view two with support, view three with support, view one with support, view two with support, view three hurling insults cause they came into the whole thing with no real support, view one and view two get steamed, view three hurls more insults, view one with support, view two hurls some back............. after about the 3rd page of it , everyone else feels pissed and the spectators are stressed. So it's come down to where, as many have expressed that they prefer not to have them started because they come here to escape from all the pressures of their lives and don't like to have to wade through them here. So the topic has been hashed over and everyone has their views.

People are free to talk about whatever floats their boat. While we are a moderated forum we do not remove threads unless there is something about them that violates our site's policies whether it be the written ones or the ones Kim set down for me to follow. If people want to discuss and debate that's great, however they need to be prepared for view three who does not know how to support his/her opinion without slamming someone else or bickering. And they should expect that when that occurs a moderator will step in.

As for being able to avoid threads if properly labeled.....well that would be great but people will not do that and we really can't expect that in an open forum with nearly 20,000 members.

I love the people here. They are the funniest, warmest, wittiest, people I could ever hope to encounter in one place and I just try to do my best to keep the place welcoming.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I love the people here. They are the funniest, warmest, wittiest, people I could ever hope to encounter in one place and I just try to do my best to keep the place welcoming.

Ah geees Lilith

If I only had a brain
Old 02-07-2005, 06:37 PM
here and there

re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
I've never quite understood the concept of why political or other contorversial yet intellectual topics were taboo or become heated quickly. I understand that the underlying tone of pixies-place is erotica and sexuality, but if that is all that it was intended to be, with no furhter expansion, why do we have a forum that is titled "GENERAL CHAT" with the subtitle chat about anything here ? I see plenty of threads sprinkled across the forum that are non-sex related, yes a sexual innuendo may be added to the thread, or a flirt and a tease, but the underlying tone of the thread isn't necessarily sex. These threads aren't cast aside or complained about. The only thing I see wrong with the political threads is that people are passionate at pixies-place. And oftentimes passion prevents us from being most civil to one another, as it causes us to speak straight from the heart. Would it be such a wrong thing for citizens of our world to be passionate about politics of our locale and the world? Goodness something just might change with knowledge and passion.

Well said. While I am not a fan of the political discussions I do not see why they should not be allowed in the "general" section if people can be civil.

-Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
It's consistently the same....view one, view two, view one with support, view two with support, view one with support, view two with support, view one...
I'll be choosing view 42 to support... when that one finally comes along...
Old 02-07-2005, 07:03 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkToast
re:
Well said. While I am not a fan of the political discussions I do not see why they should not be allowed in the "general" section if people can be civil.

*LOL*...didja read Liliths post at all?? Just curious

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 02-07-2005, 07:43 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharni
*LOL*...didja read Liliths post at all?? Just curious

Yes I did and I guess I was more attempting to support the notion that we are able to have all kinds of posts here and that I would not like it if that changed.

However, since this is not view #42 I can not say that this reply is to support my original post. I need to wait before I pipe up again.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:45 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

What if we skip view 42 and go directly to 43???? Milktoast, what will you support then???? these????

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-07-2005, 07:53 PM
here and there

Nothing!!! I tells ya... nuthin... I'll just go find some soap box to tear out from under somebody and go play all by myself in the corner :bang:
Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

there is a quiet cozy corner in the dungeon I could chain ya to

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-07-2005, 07:55 PM

Gentlefolk,

Please consider what a member (now quiet) once said in a similar thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprclphd
Surely there is something else more imprtant in life to ponder over. This place is great and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Let us not let a discussion about welcoming new members become one about who should say what to whom.