Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2006, 11:21 AM
~getting by~

I don't know how you ladies survive the hut on a monthly basis. My visits are less frequent, and this one has been particularly rough. I want to eat EVERYTHING in sight, and I think I pretty much did.

I did the grocery thing today and restocked my kitchen with fruits and vegetables, so hopefully I will again find the will to snack on veggies instead of ice cream. I also stocked up on Lean Cuisine as they were on sale and hopefully that will relieve some of the boredom I've been having with my food lately too.

I'm expecting to be down a bit this week thanks to losing some of the water I'd been retaining pre-Hut.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend - we are actually seeing the sun in New England - what a treat!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Loungin' Around

((((Maddy)))) ~~ congrats ... sounds like you had fun trying on smaller clothes this weekend, and "purging" the bad stuff.

I've been struggling a bit...not with calories, but with finding the motivation to go to the gym. I only went 3 times last week, and I really need to go today...but I can't seem to make myself yet. Some of it's lack of motivation, and some of it is boredom. Maybe (should the weather hold out) I'll take a bike ride.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
~getting by~

thanks osuche

I've been going to the gym this week and have found that I have no muscles that I use consistently - particularly in my core. This translates into abs that ache and realizing that I have no good balance. If I can stick to it, I know only great things will come after the aches.

Eating is a bit better now that I am beyond the hut. I'm trying to make sure to have at least one fruit/vegetable with each meal and it's working. Essentially I'm going back to day one to a degree. I know how and what to eat to get full and not waste calories, I just need to be serious and accountable again.

I'm still getting comments about my weight loss from colleagues which is entertaining, mostly because the scale has really slowed down. I'm probably about 5lbs away from another change in pants in my wardrobe (that would make change number 4!).
Old 05-23-2006, 08:06 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I've gained 983457239857390857349578239057 pounds.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Loungin' Around

I'm down about a pound, and I've been *much* better about my calorie intake. However, I've been awful about working out...done it twice in the last 7 days. We've had parties and commitments, and I've started class again...but the real reason is lack of motivation.

<sigh>

So...How do you all get motivated when you're just tired?

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Manwhore

(((Jenna, fzzy, maddy)))... Great job on your continued success!

((((osuche and Lil)))))... Keep at it and don't give up! (or I'll have to come visit each of you and chase you around )

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 05-24-2006, 02:50 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
success!

((((osuche and Lil)))))... Keep at it and don't give up! (or I'll have to come visit each of you and chase you around )

uh...'scuse me! what's the incentive, then?

pixies power has done such a tremendous job in helping you all stay focused and fessing up when you aren't at your best. the support, kudos, and friendship i see you guys offer each other in here brings a tear to my eye.

good job, all of you!!!!! (((hugs)))

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
~getting by~

osuche, I know where you are at... I've been there very recently. What has worked for me is I finally let someone talk me into going to the gym with them...and was truly honest with myself that I have too many excuses not to use the treadmill. I know I shouldn't depend on someone else to drag my lazy ass to the gym... but whatever works, right? So there's my suggestion, is there someone that goes to the same gym as you that you can buddy up with?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Learning to talk sexy

maddy ... you are doing great ... yay for you!

osuche ... you also are doing great ... I've been having that exercise motivation issue myself for awhile too ... actually a little longer than a week or so, but I know where you're coming from and I don't always manage to get myself moving nearly enough.

Lil ... man oh man that's a big number .... hope you are able to move forward as soon as you're ready!

wyndhy and aqua ... thank you both for your kind words and positive thoughts!!! They make a difference!

me, I know I haven't been reporting in as much lately ... not been being perfect, but not been TOOO bad either, most days I fall within 100 calories or so of the top of my range, which considering just how much weight I have to lose, is still a very positive outcome ... still losing inches and feeling more energy and ease of movement ... which is really what I started this whole process for, so I'm happy that I'm moving forward in my goals still (just a wee bit slower at the moment then I was doing at the beginning).
Old 05-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Loungin' Around

fzzy -- glad to see you're continuing your quest. I was wondering...

I've not worked out since Monday -- and I have this horrible cold....bonus is that I haven't been eating as much so I'm down another pound.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:39 PM
~getting by~

I was wondering about fzzy too... she's been such a faithful poster ... glad to hear you are still hanging on fzzy.

osuche, I think your poor body is trying to rebel over the stress it's been going through. I hope you get to feeling better soon and can find time to slow down now and again and let your body rest.

Lilith, I think you are exaggerating and I know once summer hits in a day for you, you will be able to do much better too.

I suggest us pixies spend some time figuring out how to de-stress and then we should hold seminars for everyone else - charging a great fee... what could be more fun, making money and working with other great pixies spreading a message across the lands for stress freedom ... okay just smack me, I'm going off the deep end.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:44 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy

I suggest us pixies spend some time figuring out how to de-stress and then we should hold seminars for everyone else - charging a great fee... what could be more fun, making money and working with other great pixies spreading a message across the lands for stress freedom ... okay just smack me, I'm going off the deep end.

who will bail us out when we get picked up for soliciting?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
~getting by~

Ummm, IAKG has lawyer connections
Old 05-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
working with other great pixies spreading a message across the lands for stress freedom

Stress freedom or SEX freedom???

Old 05-26-2006, 07:11 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I've gained 983457239857390857349578239057 pounds.

How many dollars is that?

PF?????

I like maddy's idea about roving pixies solving stress issues. Stress causes so many problems in our lives, and disguises others. If we can manage stress, the rest would fall in line. I know that for a fact. If stress is capable of stealing my erection...it's a powerful foe! We should meet at my place to cum up with a plan of action.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.