Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Should the US Amend it's constitution to "Defend" marriage?
No 33 61.11%
Yes 7 12.96%
I am not sure what to think 5 9.26%
Let the courts decide the matter 1 1.85%
Let the people decide in a general election 5 9.26%
Let each state decide 3 5.56%
other 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Wet Member

And yes we have both sides of the issue in Canada..but we seem to be more gentle about it.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:02 AM

Suzy, there's a pub on every frigging corner of this town....let me know when you're coming by and I'll pay up in your choice of establishment . Thanks for reading.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:51 AM

Aqua

Let me clear up one Important fact in your Post You said there was a Time when Blacks could not Vote in this Country...It was not only Blacks but "ANYONE" Who did not own land , Whites included .

Tell me If not to Have Kids , Why get married in the first Place , It's only a piece of Paper . If you Love and care for someone , what does that have to do with a piece of Paper....If it's a Legal matter like Having you Partner get your money ect. when you die thats what wills are for . It has been said that Religion will not be forced to perform Marrages........In this Law suit Happy Land we all live in do you really believe that........Hell We are Having Gun Mfg, sued for some Puss nutted prick killing someone . Now Explain that , and then tell me that Some Gays who a Minister refused to Marry will not sue if for No other reason than to make news .

It was said that Insurance Co. don't want Gays to Marry . Why? What does that Have to do with the Price of Tea in China , If the Company you work for does not have insurance then find you a new Job , I can not speak for everyone but Thats one of the things I look for In a Company before I take a Job , The Benifits , Insurance , 401 , Stock Options Profit Shareing .

Don't Judge Me By Your Ignoance

I had Rather Be Hated for What I am Than Loved For What I am Not .
Old 03-02-2004, 05:37 AM
I make sexytime with you

Re: AQUA

Quote:
Originally posted by HarleyRider6769
Do You Really Believe the Media Only report what the People want to Hear ? Now I would Love to "Hear" the truth about WACO , Ruby Ridge , The Bombing In Oklahoma . But They "Media" don't tell what really happened Like the Fact that if the Gov't wanted to Get Korech without trouble why didn't they just wait till he went to breakfast in town just like he did nearly every morning ? Why was the Press there at the Compound when the Gov't went in ? Hummm Did the Gov't want America see what it was doing to it's citizens? or did they want to see if they could justify the Armed invasion of it citizens Homes...BTW where were all the Liberals and ACLU types When The Branch Dividians Cival rights were being Violated "Freedom of Religion" Oh and where were all these Fully Automatic weapons They were suppose to Have ? Where were all the Liberals when Randy Weaver 's Wife was Murdered By and F.B.I. Assisan and His son shot in the back..At Ruby Ridge? I could go on but then I would be Labeled as a Gun Nut or some assine shit like that .

The America People are Sheep !! Bahh Bahh Bahh

I don't quite understand how the mainstream media's lack of coverage on those issues equates to a liberal alignment. Where were the liberals on Waco? They were showing footage on public access cable that served as a rather searing indictment of the government and its authorities. I may be in my early 20s but I remember Waco. As for Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge I have no idea, I'm not familiar with those incidents, but I'll look them up.

It's important to remember, however, that liberalism is not defined by the actions of certain organizations that are in someone's estimation, "liberal". Just because the ACLU doesn't take up a cause (or so it may appear) doesn't mean that no liberals care.
I want to do something that matters
Old 03-02-2004, 05:43 AM
I make sexytime with you

Quote:
Gee Lets see How about ABC , NBC and CBS , Do you ever hear of Gov't Abuse on any of these News Programs , Like The I.R.S. Kicking in the Door of a 70 yr old man in B'Ham Al ,At 0300 All dressed up in their SWAT gear and Giving him a Major Heart Attack , Why did they do this welll it seems He had not Payed his Taxes cuz He had rather buy his Heart meds....Lot of good it did him Huh . Or the fact that the BATF kicked open the Door Of a Man Named Ironicly "Justice" Because Someone had said that He had automatic weapons in his house , BTW they found none and Oh yes He was at work and they The Gov't Thugs left the door open with all his weapons laying out and their were kids playing in the street and the yards , now tell me whom would have been responsable if those kids had gotten some of the weapons and killed some one ? You know I find it all to funny that Liberals and People from other Countrys Like to tell us How we are suppose to live , Yet don't have the "SACK" to do anything about the problems... Hey but wait G.W. hasn't bombed any asprin Factories to get the press off his Whoreing , And Lets see What About the Liberal "GOD" Clinton not signing a ban on partial birth Abortions....BTW to get back on the Subject of this Thread.... If it is against the Religious teachings Why should a Preist , Minister or the like Be forced to Break the Religious Doctron to Marry Gays ? All you Liberals need to read the Constition ya Know Religious Freedom..The Gov't can't force their Anti Religious views on ya .

I'd have thought that if the media weren't covering governmental abuse that'd make them more conservative than liberal, no?

No, GW hasn't bombed asprin factories to get the press off of his whoring, but he did bomb 2 countries, which some might argue served to get the press off of a few percieved incompetencies. And who's calling Clinton a "god"?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:46 AM
I make sexytime with you

Re: Just So Ya'll Know

Quote:
I really don't care what someone does in the Bed Room , I just don't want it forced on me or mine that some practices are OK . I am not the one who has to answer for what "Others" do but I am the One Responsable for the Moral teaching of My Children as to what is right and wrong , I have Gay friends while I do not condone what they do I do not Judge them , I do not allow them to Bring it to my home . Nor do I allow my other friends who drink to excess or do drugs to bring it into my home either . IMHO I think most of America feels the same way , and I think this is what all this is really about .

No one is forced to believe that a given practice is okay just because it's legal.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:35 AM

Belial

By the Press "NOT" Talking about the Gov't abuse IS Liberal . They (Press) Never tell the Whole truth , They Only tell what the Gov't will allow....Now some will ask How the Gov't Can and does control what is put out By the Media . If a News Group starts putting too much Heat on a point , They are veiled threats of FCC pulling their License , or Audits By the IRS .
When was the Last time you Heard of someone using a Gun for good in the Press ?
It is said By the Media That Guns are the Leading cause of Death in Kids............Not true , Auto wrecks are , guns are something like 4th .

Ruby Ridge and Randy Weaver , Happened a few years back , Randy was set upon by the FBI and BATF , on a trumped up charge of selling a Illegal shot gun to a Undercover agent , (Later ruled to be entrapment)He was being forced to "SPY" on a group he used to be a member of (White Seperatest) He told the Gov't to stick it in their Ass ,So the Gov't Set their attack dogs on Him .And the FBI was given order to Go to His Home without a Warrent and were told to Shoot any male carrying a weapon , Randy's son and Brother-in-Law were out on their property when the dog that was with them caught the FBI agents and the U.S> Martials and FBI Agents Fired and Killed the Dog , And also Shot and Killed Randys son after he fired on them...Now you might say they fired in self Defence but the FBI were there Illegally. and so there was a Stand off that lasted I believe Two weeks , A FBI sniper and I use that term Loosely Fired and Killed Randy's Wife Vickey while She was Holding a Baby , He Shot Her in the Head from 100 yrds and He claimed He was shooting at Randy who was aproxmatly 20 feet to her right , I do not know How much you Know of shooting but Thats Impossable at 100 yrds you will not miss 20 feet left or right , He hit where He was Aiming .

Old 03-02-2004, 06:44 AM

Re: Re: Just So Ya'll Know

Quote:
Originally posted by Belial
No one is forced to believe that a given practice is okay just because it's legal.
You Miss the Point , I do not believe Homosexuality is OK , and I will not allow My kids to be made to think it is , By allowing Gay marrage it is OKing a Life style that , Is wrong . I am not a Religious Person But I do Believe in the Bible , It is in Numerious Places the Homosexuality is an Abomanation to God , Ever Heard Of Sodom And Gomora .

Old 03-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Re: Aqua

Quote:

Tell me If not to Have Kids , Why get married in the first Place , It's only a piece of Paper . If you Love and care for someone , what does that have to do with a piece of Paper.

That's a good question - what does love have to do with a piece of paper? Not much. And nor is it compulsory to marry even to have children, so why does anyone do it?

Could it be that, as vulnerable and insecure individuals, we crave the reassurance that the person we care most about in the world is as committed to us, as we are to them? Is it that we want to show our children, our friends and family the strength of that commitment in some kind of ritualised ceremony (religious or otherwise). Well judging by the fact that, marriage is pretty much present in every single culture of the world in some form or other, I'd make a guess that it does come from that personal need for emotional security.

So my question is, to those who are against the idea of gay marriage, why do you think gay people don't have this same need?

I'm not sure what the answer to that will be, but I can't help but feel that there are a lot of people out there in the world, who are so hung up on the actual acts of homosexual sex, that they almost forget that gay people are thinking, feeling, emotional beings who have all the same insecurities, fears, wants and needs as heterosexuals.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-02-2004, 07:20 AM
I make sexytime with you

Re: Re: Re: Just So Ya'll Know

Quote:
You Miss the Point , I do not believe Homosexuality is OK , and I will not allow My kids to be made to think it is , By allowing Gay marrage it is OKing a Life style that , Is wrong . I am not a Religious Person But I do Believe in the Bible , It is in Numerious Places the Homosexuality is an Abomanation to God , Ever Heard Of Sodom And Gomora .

No, I got your point. Teach your kids that a) Tolerance does not amount to approval, and b) Legislation does not have to control anyone's personal views or values. Do those two things and you have no problem.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:23 AM
I make sexytime with you

Re: Belial

Quote:
By the Press "NOT" Talking about the Gov't abuse IS Liberal . They (Press) Never tell the Whole truth , They Only tell what the Gov't will allow....Now some will ask How the Gov't Can and does control what is put out By the Media . If a News Group starts putting too much Heat on a point , They are veiled threats of FCC pulling their License , or Audits By the IRS .
When was the Last time you Heard of someone using a Gun for good in the Press ?
It is said By the Media That Guns are the Leading cause of Death in Kids............Not true , Auto wrecks are , guns are something like 4th .

Ruby Ridge and Randy Weaver , Happened a few years back , Randy was set upon by the FBI and BATF , on a trumped up charge of selling a Illegal shot gun to a Undercover agent , (Later ruled to be entrapment)He was being forced to "SPY" on a group he used to be a member of (White Seperatest) He told the Gov't to stick it in their Ass ,So the Gov't Set their attack dogs on Him .And the FBI was given order to Go to His Home without a Warrent and were told to Shoot any male carrying a weapon , Randy's son and Brother-in-Law were out on their property when the dog that was with them caught the FBI agents and the U.S> Martials and FBI Agents Fired and Killed the Dog , And also Shot and Killed Randys son after he fired on them...Now you might say they fired in self Defence but the FBI were there Illegally. and so there was a Stand off that lasted I believe Two weeks , A FBI sniper and I use that term Loosely Fired and Killed Randy's Wife Vickey while She was Holding a Baby , He Shot Her in the Head from 100 yrds and He claimed He was shooting at Randy who was aproxmatly 20 feet to her right , I do not know How much you Know of shooting but Thats Impossable at 100 yrds you will not miss 20 feet left or right , He hit where He was Aiming .

Okay, so let's assume that the media is acting in the government's interests. Do you honestly believe the current US government is liberal?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:51 AM
I got my "eyes" on U!

Yikes!
If the issue is going to reduce down to Homosexuality is wrong and an threat to our society, which is what I get from the posts of HarleyRider769, should the bigger issue be where should we deport those fags to? And how do we stop them from multiplying?

I don't see how if we afford this group most all human rights and pass a law like the "Hate Crime" laws to continue to punish people more harshly for committing crimes against Homosexuals and others. Why do we draw the line at marriage?

Homosexuals are allowed to raise children, for that matter to birth children, to vote to own property jointly geeeez to do a lot of stuff, that just does not make sense in the minds of some people. Yet we as a society do afford them some rights.

As a society we have moved homosexuality away from the margins, out of the closet and more to the mainstream…and exaclty what evil has happened to us?

For whatever reason, Nature or Nurture or some combination of the both, Homosexuality is a fact of being, it always has been and I imagine it always will be. From my what I have seen Homosexuality is not a choice that you simply change.

Obviously homosexuals are someone’s children. They are the brothers and sisters of normal everyday people. Their difference is generally not a choice but an imperative. .

This is not an issue about the media, liberal or otherwise, I have worked in TV and I can tell you the reason for television is to sell more products by getting better ratings. They will do what ever they can to increase ratings period. If you are paying attention to the mainstream media you are fool with the attention span of a high functioning third grader, which is exactly the level targeted by the media pundits. Why video of fire is more important than trying to explain just what the hell Alan Greenspan is actually saying.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

HarleyRider6769 - If you intend to teach your children that homosexuality is 'wrong', what will happen if one of your children turns out to be gay?

Don't you think that teaching your children this might damage them in some way if they do turn out to be homosexual?

Or do you believe that by teaching your children that homosexuality is wrong, that they somehow won't be 'at risk' of being gay? If so, I really think you need to learn more about how human sexuality works, because it's a little more complicated than that.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-02-2004, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulabelle
HarleyRider6769 - If you intend to teach your children that homosexuality is 'wrong', what will happen if one of your children turns out to be gay?

Don't you think that teaching your children this might damage them in some way if they do turn out to be homosexual?

Or do you believe that by teaching your children that homosexuality is wrong, that they somehow won't be 'at risk' of being gay? If so, I really think you need to learn more about how human sexuality works, because it's a little more complicated than that.
I teach My Children what The Bible says , Now can you tell me where it says that Homosexuality is OK in the Bible Because I can tell you where it , says that it is not . Being Gay is a Life choice , If you Believe In God and the Bible it says that It is an Abomanation In the Eyes Of God....Now why would God create something that is an Abonation to Himself ?
As I have said I am not a Religious Person , But I do Follow the Bible as Best I can .

No I do not think Me Teaching My Kids that this or any other thing is wrong will Damage them , No More than teaching them Not to Lie , steal , cheat , kill , or any other of the things that are very Plainly spelled out as wrong in the Bible .

Old 03-02-2004, 02:11 PM

Head + Wall = Ouch