Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
/me smooches all over wyndhy

Once again, I couldn't have said it better myself...

(except for the capitalization & stuff)

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
is not this trim anymore!

That's hot!

Oh, I thought he said "spooch".

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Turn it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
not really^^
it's not a shortage. it's spot shortages. if peeps would stop topping off every time they see somewhere has gas, instead of resuming the old routine of filling up when close to empty, this would not be happening.
and nat'l media lose interest in anything not life threatening, low-down, or political in 12 hours flat. ABC nightly couldn't care less anymore, so i don't know why some station a thousand miles away would care either.
AAA still cares.

scotz, i heard AAA is predicting this problem will last til the end of this week. dig in, dude.

Also, my thinking edzachery Got under my skin just a little Friday night, after stopping at the shortest line & waiting for a half hour, to see some a$$hole filling up a plastic gas can as well as his tank. I was at least decent enough not to top up my tank when My turn came, just got enough to get where I was going, & back home. And as usual, nice guys finish last...had to borrow wife's car for a Sat nite run.

I also heard on the local news tonite that exacerbating our problems in Nash is the fact that during the summer months, EPA requires that we use a special (read: expensive) blend of gas for meeting emissions standards, & all the fuel stations try to use up all there high priced stuff before the end of the summer. The end date for our special blend just happened to fall as Ike was tearing up jack on the Texas gulf...& just to twist the knife, we got maybe an inch of rain as Ike's remains petered out....

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Turn it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
scotzoidman,

Actually, you made the suggestion. Now it is up to you to substantiate it.

... again.

Good Luck

Did I miss something? Did someone die & put you in charge of who has to back up whatever they say? I never got the memo...

And, as much as it pains me to have to repeat it, YOU substantiated my remark by having to have the last fuckin' word...

Again...

Old 09-23-2008, 01:34 PM

wyndhy,

I thank you for the compliments.

You are mistaken if you think I researched your post history. I had no need to do so. As you mentioned in your post we have had lively discussions in the past. You need not pity me for something I did not do, nor should you feel insulted by something which did not occur.

In our discussion I do not recall adding “and i doubt you heard it anywhere reasonable” to any request I made to you for additional information. I think that people do care about shared or common references. Knowing that the other members of the discussion are aware of the basis of a claim gives the people involved in the discussion the confidence to extend and expand the limits of the ideas involved in the discussion. Contrast this with the alternative where no one is certain where the others are getting their explanations or evidence. It is much more difficult to move a discussion from one place to another if the participants do not share a common basis for their considerations. On this issue I feel you have erred.

I do know the difference between discussion and debate. I believe you do also. I have never known debate to occur here. It does not currently do so, and I have every reason to believe that it will not. You must also be aware that discussion is informal debate. The line between them is blurry. The distinction is not sharp. It is a mistake to suggest otherwise.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
you asked if i thought, i answered you based on my temperament. i am not mistaken. i have not erred. i can’t have because these are my thoughts on the subject. they are not misinformation to correct. i am not a combative person. i do not seek to put others on the defensive. and if i am interested enough to know more, or if i doubt a person’s statement, i search for my own answers.

you said your reading of my post history lead you to a conclusion, i don’t know what other that can mean than what it says. please excuse the misunderstanding. i am absurdly relieved that you didn't do that. it seemed very ... odd and sad. but i have a bone to pick, so excuse me moment - you don’t recall adding and i doubt you heard it anywhere reasonable? you mean you’re not sure or just don't remember? it seems an odd sort of phrase. didn’t you go back and check? i am wondering because "i did not say that" would be a more appropriate statement. i’m sure you know perfectly well you didn’t say that that to me, or to anyone else in those exact words. i’m also sure you understood my point perfectly. don’t be smarmy, it doesn’t suit you.

discussion is not informal debate. informal debate still has rules and structure. formal discussion can be debate but this is not even formal discussion, it’s just discussion - discourse, if you prefer - and it will move on as long as anyone has anything to say, relevant to the topic or no. and people will usually still have things to say until someone stops them in their tracks with a challenge. that is when discussion turns into contention. then it stops. not because no-one is certain where others are getting their explanations, but because it becomes a match of opposition. opposition pretty much rules out progression. like pong. back and forth the point goes until someone decides they don’t want to play anymore.

i belivee it boils down to temperament and we see this place, pixies-place, differently. we come here with different attitudes and we come here for different reasons. we appraoch a thread or discussion with very different expectations. because i look at this place as a home-ish sort of place, a place of retreat of sorts, i respect it and all the people in it. i treat them as i would a friend, or at the very least an acquaintance to whom i can wave on occasion. at the very, very least i can try to treat everyone with respect, even when i disagree. but if i can't seem to manage even that, then this place deserves my silence.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 09-23-2008, 05:28 PM

wyndhy,

I read your post as a conclusion. In it you made some comments. Believing this to be true, I will provide mine.

Just because you are the owner of your thoughts does not mean that you cannot be mistaken.

I did understand what you meant, and I don’t recall making the statement to which you refer.

Discussion is informal debate. That is how Webster’s and Random House dictionaries define it.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Fuck them. We define our own 'Lix'icon here. Be nice or be quiet.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
>blows whistle< ok all of you chill. if you cant stay on topic and take potshots at each other ....... start a new thread, girls go to a corner and play...... J honey looks like you'll be playing alone.

woot We have gasoline here and at a reasonable (for these days) price. 3.55 a gallon thank god

runs and hides

Kyttn
Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Yankee in Dixie

It's finally getting straightened out up here. People have almost stopped the panic buying it seems. Last time I filled it was 3.88, but hey it was there.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
We had a station last week at nearly $6. Most are $3.67-$3.79 now and all have gas.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Turn it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
We had a station last week at nearly $6. Most are $3.67-$3.79 now and all have gas.

I seem to recall your guv declaring that he was going headhunting for anybody price-gouging...maybe sometimes a little public sabre rattling puts everybody on best behavior?