Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Loungin' Around

*bump*

Time for the weekly update.

I sucked both at eating (lots of desserts in my tummy from the last few days) and at exercise over the weekend. But I *will* work out today and be better. At least -- as of last night -- there was no weight gain. But I am stalled and have been for about 4 weeks.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 09-05-2006, 07:05 PM
~getting by~

My splurges over the past weeks have finally caught up with the scale and it jumped up 4 lbs in a week. Hopefully I can shake that back down, just afraid it won't be this week as I have a lot of outings planned that will be challenging.

I got my workout in today and feel good for that.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Loungin' Around

((((maddy)))) ~~ it's the fast fluctuations that suck. SOmetimes they're up and I get annoyed...and sometimes they're down and I get irrationally exuberant. If you're keeping up the workouts that's completely the right step, though.

As for me....irrational exuberance pervades. I am down 3 lbs over the past 3 days, have been eating better, and heading to the gym. If I can lose 5 more pounds, I will be the lowest I've been since college....which still means a way to go before I am at my goal weight BUT I am doing better. Total lost so far: 21 lbs.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Manwhore

Awesome osuche! 21lbs!! WOOT!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 09-07-2006, 05:45 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Good job! You guys are so awesome. I admire your stick-to-it-tive-ness!

I am busy making excuses and not exercising self control.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-08-2006, 05:47 AM
~getting by~

I absolutely suck at this stuff. I knew this week was going to be a challenge for me. But as of this morning I'm up 13lbs from my lowest point. I'm disgusted with myself. I went from a loss of 39 lbs to only a loss of 26 lbs. Everyday I say this is the day I'm going to be good and re-establish the habit and I can't get it to last more than two days.

I've been weeak. I know this isn't anyone's fault but my own. Afterall, no one is making me purchase bakery chocolate chip cookies, or making me slather them with a thick layer of peanut butter when I eat them. Yah, talk about true fat girl food and mentality. As if the cookie isn't treat enough, I have to add a heap of peanut butter to it.

My pants are getting tighter instead of looser. I'm getting painful zits on my forehead. I'm getting cranky. My sleep patterns are a mess.

I will eat well today. Unfortunately I will consume alcohol tonight which is never good for this little plan I'm trying to follow. I can't even say I will limit myself to one drink today. I don't have that control or desire.

What I can say, is I will really soul search tomorrow. I will go back and read my journals from the beginning. Remember what I was eating and what I was doing and see how to re-instill those patterns back into my life.

I'm angry with myself and disappointed. I. Must. Fix. What. I've. Broken.

Venting Blog. Over.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Loungin' Around

(((((maddy))))) ~~ my only advice is to focus on a *positive* image rather than having negative thoughts. I never feel motivated by negative thoughts....negative thoughts cause me to stress eat!

The other thing I want to say is that you have come a long way and I am proud of you!! Cut yourself some slack, move on....and tomorrow can bet a better day!

Old 09-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Totally Committed

Hi i'm known as Alias. I will begin my diet tomorrow morning, i am going to succeed in my weight loss. Hope you do not mind me joining in here

(I am a member, but wish to stay hidden until i achieve my goal )
Old 09-15-2006, 03:14 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Welcome Alias. Are you following a specific plan? I am not doing very well currently and need to find a plan and a way to fit the foods I should eat into my everyday schedule. Currently I'm eating very little, starving myself part of the day because of not having access to good choices while at work. And not shedding a pound.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Totally Committed

Yes i will be following a specific plan This plan will suit my lifestyle more than most, which will make it easier to adhere to
Old 09-15-2006, 05:42 AM
~getting by~

Lilith, if you have not already looked at WW, take a look. It really is a good plan. They have an online option so you don't have to attend meetings if you don't want or don't have the time. The program does work as long as you work the program. I've lost my "give-a-damn" for awhile now and need to get it back.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Loungin' Around

Lilith: If you starve yourself your metabolism suts down and you end up worse off than before. I highly recommend you bring in some easy stuff to your office -- I keep energy bars, animal crackers, and packets of almonds I bought at Trader Joe's -- to fend off the hunger. Find what works for you, but *please* eat during the day.

I am off the wagon too. This week has been horrible and I am averaging 2200 calories a day. Only silver lining in this fat cloud is that I am exercising a lot.

Next week will be better, starting Saturday night when we get the last guests out of our home.

Maddy and alias, I hope you are doing well!

Old 09-15-2006, 08:41 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Has any one tried Hoodia?

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 09-15-2006, 09:02 PM
~getting by~

I've not tried it. I have tried other herbal type supplements in the past. My experience was quick weight loss resulting in having my gall bladder removed. My appetite came back strong and looking for food and so did all the weight when I stopped taking the pills.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:09 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
so sayeth wikipedia

be cautious.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose