User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
What's a raise?

It's an increase in the hourly wage you are paid for performing a service/task that you have hired to do. Most haven't seen one in a very long time.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
My boss being cool and feeling just a tad bit like I am going to live through this week.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-14-2010, 06:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I saw this lady selecting a certain toy and asked if it was what the kids were wanting this Christmas. She indicated it was and so after she made her selection I took the last one left for my GAL boy and then continued shopping. About 20 minutes later that same lady approached me very timidly in another area of the store and told me she had miscounted and she really needed the one I was getting as well. I handed her the toy and wished her Merry Christmas.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-15-2010, 08:29 PM

I was chasing some information on Google, when an unrelated result caught my eye.

DOC] Aboriginal Sentencing
File Format: Microsoft Word - Quick View
... the carnal knowledge of a female under 16 to whom he is tribally married[4]; ... is not by doing so acting in violation of the Fisheries Act (NT)[7]. ...
www.jca.asn.au/attachments/mildren03.doc - Similar

This is just plain bizarre.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Causer of Unrest

A joke the hubby sent me today:

A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of the dust cloud towards him. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the shepherd, "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?" The shepherd looked at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looked at his peacefully grazing flock and calmly answered "sure."

The yuppie parked his car, whipped out his IBM ThinkPad and connected it to a cell phone, then he surfed to a NASA page on the internet where he called up a GPS satellite navigation system, scanned the area, and then opened up a database and an Excel spreadsheet with complex formulas. He sent an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, received a response. Finally, he prints out a 130-page report on his miniaturized printer then turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1586 sheep." "That is correct; take one of the sheep," said the shepherd. He watches the young man select one of the animals and bundle it into his car.

Then the shepherd says: "If I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my animal?" "OK, why not?" answered the young man. "Clearly, you are a consultant," said the shepherd. "That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?" "No guessing required," answers the shepherd. "You turned up here although nobody called you. You want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked, and you don't know crap about my business...... Now give me back my dog."

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 12-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Just me.

That ^^^^ did!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Yankee in Dixie

AZ, in the version I first heard he was a politician not a consultant. It's still funny though.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 12-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Causer of Unrest

My Christmas pedicure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RedandGreen.jpg (50.0 KB, 136 views)

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 12-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Manwhore

"Who's online" right now.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 PM

Indeed.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Missing the Angels

Little boy about 2 or 3 that came in the store with his dad today. He was non stop questions for his dad. Never stoped talking.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Yankee in Dixie

Smart kid. If you don't ask questions, how do you find answers?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Cain.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

a baby shower for millitary wives from Ft. Drum that was on tv today

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 12-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Just me.

My cold seems much better this morning.