Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2015, 06:00 PM

It's hard, AZRH, being helpless in the face of the inevitable. Save your feelings until your friend has gone (you can do it) and wring everything you can out of what time you have together.

This is the only way I got through losing my sister to cancer.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Causer of Unrest

Thanks, OF. Though it kills me to admit it , that's pretty good advice. Dwelling on what I cannot control has never done me any good, and it won't do either of us good this time, either. I will try.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 03-23-2015, 12:52 AM
Just me.

We'll add your friend to our prayer list that whatever happens, somehow the comfort and consolation will be there when it's needed most. In the meantime, I think OF got it right. Do the best with the time you have.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:07 AM
Causer of Unrest

Thank you, DB. We'll take every bit of help that's offered.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 03-23-2015, 05:55 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I wish I had some words of comfort or advise but I can only imagine how scared you both are. Losing people just sucks.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-24-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I wish I had some words of comfort or advise but I can only imagine how scared you both are. Losing people just sucks.

Big time.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Just me.

Actually, it was yesterday when we went to the visitation of a young man (mid-40's) who died in an electrical accident a few days ago. He had been my son's (same age) best friend through grade school, police school, up until the day he died. He had been a well respected member of the E. Peoria's Police Department and was part of their K-9 unit. His dog died just a couple of years ago with honors granted by the police department. Literally hundreds of State, and local officers from many communities were there along with hundreds of friends. We knew him well and it was a shocking and deep loss for us, too.

Last edited by dicksbro : 05-20-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
Actually, it was yesterday when we went to the visitation of a young man (mid-40's) who died in an electrical accident a few days ago. He had been my son's (same age) best friend through grade school, ice school, up until the day he died. He had been a well respected member of the E. Peoria's Police Department and was part of their K-9 unit. His dog died just a couple of years ago with honors granted by the police department. Literally hundreds of State, and local officers from many communities were there along with hundreds of friends. We knew him well and it was a shocking and deep loss for us, too.

That is so awful dicksbro!

The El Macho and I are getting divorced after almost 16 years, so today I am feeling sad about that. Maybe not so sad about the divorce, but about the man I don't recognize anymore. Life, can be so rough. Death, divorce, is some of the most painful feelings to feel. Ironic that with death and divorce, the grieving process can be very similar. Big hugs...XOXO Morrigan!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:14 AM

Morri,

Tough shot. Hope you'll get through this difficult period quickly.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:06 PM
Just me.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're facing Morri. Hopefully things will work out for the best. Our thoughts are with you.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:16 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Morri, remember not so much the painful parting but the many joys that brought you together.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-22-2015, 07:25 PM

And remember that staying together would just extend the pain. The separation is required to start the healing.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:28 PM

I'm sad that its raining again. This month we have gotten 29"inches of rain with lots of flooding (no water in the house) last night it rained 4 inches an hour
Old 05-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Just me.

That's a lot of rain ^^^^. 4" and hour. Arrrggg!

We've had a lot of rain, but, knock on wood, not beyond the ability of our rivers and stream to handle any extra. Hopefully this puts an end to the drought-like conditions in your neck of the woods.

I wish the weather would clear here long enough to get all those springtime outside chores done.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Yankee in Dixie

It's not really sad, but my oscar decided he really didn't like his thermometer and broke it. Luckily he didn't break open the inner tube where the red liquid was.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf