Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Suprise Me

Question Convince Me

What would you tell someone to convince them that where you live is where they should move to if they were relocating?

What is the community like?
What are the schools like?
What are the employment options?
Cost of living???
Crime rate?
Big city or country?

My inquiring mind wants to know!!

Old 12-13-2004, 02:09 AM
Missing the Angels

Hmm well I woud'nt try and convince anyone to live here..lol. Might be the biggest city in South Dakota, but unless ya have 2 incomes ya can't make ends meat. We have crime just like the bigger cities. And the schools are losing alot of good teachers, no thanks to the "No Child Left Behind " crap. As for the community, there is some good people, but I think the bad one's out weigh the good one's. So now ya know my 2 cents.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:36 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Community: Some areas are good some suck
Schools: Again you need to shop around to find one you want to send your kids to
Employment: If ya wanna work and aint fussy naturally you'll find something
Cost of Living: About on par...ya got ya dear areas and ya cheaper areas...same goes for shops/stores
Crime Rate: High....most ppl own BIG dogs
Large City

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 12-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Everybody Stretch!

It'd be easier to convince you NOT to move here, actually!

Community=BORING...nothing to do for at least 10 miles. Can't buy a pair of underwear without driving that far...let alone find a decent restaurant.

Schools are suppose to be pretty good. My friends children aren't geniuses...oh wait...two actually are...but anyway, all the kids seem to be getting a good education.

Employment=If you're a man and have a skill or higher education...jobs are ok. For women it's tougher. This is an "old school" area...and they think the men should make the big bucks to support their family. There is no such thing as "equal pay for equal ability".

Cost of living=It's good if you are a couple. A single parent or single person wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell in some of the middle to upper class areas.

Crime Rate=Now, here's where we shine (I spose). I live in an area where you can still leave your house unlocked. Little...misdemeanor kinda crimes happen, ie:knocking down a row of mailboxes, stealing reflectors from driveway entrances...etc. I think it's mainly preteens and teens who do this sorta stuff...and they are really just bored! But, there have been a lot of new homes going up on the farmland around here, so I expect the crime rate to rise with that feature.

Large City=NO...Small, rural town...but as I said, we're growing by leaps and bounds!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-13-2004, 06:46 AM

If you like it hot and sticky all year round, to hellish in summer.

If you like being about as isolated from mainstream as Hawaii is from the mainland.

If you like paying 10% more due to distance.

If you like not having to put up with a lot of the southern (Aussie) crap.

Come live near me!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:18 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
.... Can't buy a pair of underwear without driving that far.....

The rescue team is on the way!!

.. and I’m bringing a satin and lace CARE package. :lust:

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Loungin' Around

What is the community like? Quiet and family-oriented. Some nightlife, but the sidewalks still roll up after @11 pm. You have to hunt pretty hard or go to campus after that. But campus (Ohio STate Univ) is one of the largest colleges in the USA. There is a local ballet, comtemp dance, pops orchestra, symphony, several theater groups, comedy clubs, etc. all within about a 20 mile radius. And four NICE NEW malls.

What are the schools like? Depends ion the schools. City schools have metal detectors, but many of the suburbs are quite nice. My sister-in-law went to a suburbian school that had a course book bigger than many colleges'.

What are the employment options? Pretty good. Lots of Fortune 500 (US) companies have offices here. Good for manufacturing, insurance, health care, and services workers too.

Cost of living???Very reasonable. Average house is roughly $225 K (US) and you end up with @2000 sf (over 200 m2). Good insulation, central heat, many homes with *character*

Crime rate? Actually pretty high. Heard about the recent rock concert shooting? Columbus. Remember the highway sniper? Columbus. Race riots? Cincinnati (not far from here). Rabid Buckeye fans? Columbus. Location of terrorist cell post-911? Columbus. <sigh>

Big city or country? Kinda in the middle. COlumbus has about 1.5 M people in the Metro area. Big enough to draw shopping, a decent symphony, and such...but small enough that there aren't too many traffic jams.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 12-13-2004, 03:41 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
What is the community like? ethnically diverse due to 2 major unis and 1 community college that is as large as the other unis, they say, "Florida with a southern accent"

What are the schools like? very diverse....we have schools that have earned A ratings and some that are failing. We also have quite a few religious and non-traditional schooling options

What are the employment options? If you are in academia or a bureaucrat great

Cost of living??? high for housing and low for entertainment

Crime rate? generally low

Big city or country? 10 minute drive to either from either

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-13-2004, 05:22 PM
is not this trim anymore!

What is the community like - Our picture appears in the dictionary next to Cow Town. Under 10,000 people.

What are the schools like - Expansion options have done little to contain the growing need for space. Good education, consistent test scores, and lots of educational amenities...but the taxes are high because of all the construction.

What are the employment options - Low unemployment rate for those willing to travel 15 - 20 mins. Hartford is reasonably close by.

Cost of living - Pretty high. Proportionate with the salary ranges though.

Crime rate - Someone hit a mailbox on our street and they practically shut the town down for a manhunt. Yeah, we don't have much excitement. ha ha

Big city or country - Well, with under 10,000 people, we wouldn't make a very impressive city.

It's a nice town, physically, but is experiencing growing pains. The people that have lived there forever hate to see it change and are painstakingly trying to prevent it, while those that move in want all the conveniences of the city they're running from...which will make the town less like why they elected to buy a house there.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

See rural Iowa

:grin: :grin:

only more letters in the name of the state

:drive:
Old 12-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Carpe diem

San Francisco Bay Area

What is the community like? FAN-freaking-TASTIC! So much to choose from and so much to do. Great people. Tremendous sights. GREAT weather (and by going just a few miles, you get many different weather conditions to choose from).
What are the schools like? Some good, some not so good. Great universities and small colleges abound.
What are the employment options? Good and improving. High wages (of course, expect to spend them on the next question).
Cost of living??? Astronomical, but you gotta pay for the best.
Crime rate? So-so I guess, but not a real concern.
Big city or country? Urban, but by going a few miles you can be in small towns or rural.

And foremost: Outstanding DIVERSITY in all the following and more---> racial and ethnic diversity and tolerance, geography (ocean/bay/river/hills/mountains/valleys), weather (cool, warm, hot, dry, not-so-dry), restaurants (mmmmm), sports and entertainment (pro, college, recreational), cultural activities (stage, comedy, music, arts), political (well, ok, mostly liberal ), etc, etc, etc.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:40 PM
~figment of imagination~

Community ~ lots of things to do if you are over 55, car shows, bingo, dances, etc

Schools ~ not so great (actually thinking of homeschooling)

Employment ~ great if you can swing a hammer (thanks to the hurricanes), pick oranges, in the medical field, or working with the elderly

Cost of Living ~ CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP I bought my 2 story house sitting on an acrea over-looking a lake in city limits for 75K

Crime Rate ~ LOW you can leave your house unlocked, your car unlocked, personal items sitting on your porch etc

Big City or Country ~ Small City not to far from some major ones
~ me! ~
Old 12-13-2004, 07:48 PM
gurly gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
Community ~ lots of things to do if you are over 55, car shows, bingo, dances, etc
Schools ~ not so great (actually thinking of homeschooling)
Employment ~ great if you can swing a hammer (thanks to the hurricanes), pick oranges, in the medical field, or working with the elderly
Cost of Living ~ CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP I bought my 2 story house sitting on an acrea over-looking a lake in city limits for 75K
Crime Rate ~ LOW you can leave your house unlocked, your car unlocked, personal items sitting on your porch etc
Big City or Country ~ Small City not to far from some major ones

OH MY GOSH do we live in the same town????

I love it here because we're just about 30 minutes from the most beautiful beaches.

You should come to this town to see ME!
Old 12-13-2004, 11:52 PM
~getting by~

What is the community like? Extremely varied... little Mexico and all that goes with a poverty stricken country to wealthy gits trying to escape the inner-city mayhem.
What are the schools like? So-so, not to bad for the area, but a far cry from the Northern schools I'm accustomed to.
What are the employment options? In this area, not much, but the Big D is just a short drive down anyone of the interstates.
Cost of living??? Relatively low (3 bdrm, 2.5 bath, 2 car house, with virtually no land for under $150K in a nice quiet neighborhood) if you can afford the taxes and insurance. Insurance is the highest in the nation thanks to the high rate of unlicensed drivers roaming the roads.
Crime rate? Large suburb of a very large city... crime is quite high. Police chases and murders are daily occurrences.
Big city or country? BIG city.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:14 PM
~figment of imagination~

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginewithme
OH MY GOSH do we live in the same town????

I love it here because we're just about 30 minutes from the most beautiful beaches.

You should come to this town to see ME!

LOL Probably so! I would love to come see you. I am roughly an hour (at most) to beaches.
~ me! ~