Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Suprise Me

Angry Home Remedies???

Does anyone have any home remedies for a **&(#)@&&(%*&_! head cold???? Here I was looking forward to the two week holiday break from school and on the last day before the holiday I catch a head cold. It hurts to swallow, my head is stuffed up, and I can't seem to drink enough fluids - typical cold. I remember that at one time I drank something to do with tea and honey, but don't remember what else was in it. That seemed to work for my sore throat, and the steam from the tea worked temporarily for my stuffiness.

I do so want to enjoy the next two weeks off without major suffering...so anything anyone suggests would be welcome! Thanks!

Old 12-20-2004, 12:32 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I live on Sudafed... put some lemon in that tea! (((hugs))) sucks to be sick on the break.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-20-2004, 12:37 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

echinacea and zinc help if you start them as soon as you start sniffling

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Suprise Me

Thanks Lilith!!! It is lemon!

Cobalt keeps telling me to take my vitamins...he is a firm believer in them - and I don't remember the last time he was sick. Since I started working at the school, I seem to "catch" most everything that the students have. I am told that at the three year mark I should have built up enough immunity to the surroundings enough that I won't be so succeptible....

I will look into echinacea and zinc - would that be just the typical dosage found or is there an amount that you take?

I need to get well fast - Cobalt is looking forward of two solid weeks of sex at the drop of a hat and I don't want to disappoint him!! :drool:

Old 12-20-2004, 12:53 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

The zinc is taken in mega doses...not sure how much!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 12-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Missing the Angels

Might try a steamer in the room at night while ya sleep.......and no steamy sex don't count.

Oh I used to heat up Tang too! I don't care for tea much.

Hope you feel better soon Chey!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Suprise Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaklostsoul
.......and no steamy sex don't count.
Hope you feel better soon Chey!!!!!!

(((HUGS)))) soda

Bummer...steamy sex doesn't count? LOL - like I feel well enough at the moment anyway... I am sure that I will feel better soda, I am just at the miserable stage at the moment...hot tea w/honey & lemon and some herbal stuff is on the menu! And I am "bound" to feel better with Sexy Doctor Lil and her Sexy Nurse SDLS to attend me.... hahaha - hmmmmmmmmmm - sounds like a story in the making!!??!!

Old 12-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Missing the Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne
(((HUGS)))) soda

Bummer...steamy sex doesn't count? LOL - like I feel well enough at the moment anyway... I am sure that I will feel better soda, I am just at the miserable stage at the moment...hot tea w/honey & lemon and some herbal stuff is on the menu! And I am "bound" to feel better with Sexy Doctor Lil and her Sexy Nurse SDLS to attend me.... hahaha - hmmmmmmmmmm - sounds like a story in the making!!??!!

Ooooooohhhhhhh does that mean as nurse I get to give the sponge bath's.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:21 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
(((chey))). try some tiger balm or vicks in steaming water. put them together in a large bowl, drape a towel over your head and breath in the vapors, it'll help the stuffiness. and chicken soup or broth and vitamin c (1,000 mgs/day) should help you get over it a bit faster. and cobalt is right, eat well and if you can't eat well, take vitamins. hope you're better soon.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 12-20-2004, 02:54 PM
~getting by~

There is one cough drop that has high doses of zinc - Cold-Eze, they taste horrible I won't lie... but they do the trick on the sore throat.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Suprise Me

Quote:
Ooooooohhhhhhh does that mean as nurse I get to give the sponge bath's.

<sniff> <sniff> I am soooooooo sick...and I am such a dirty girl.. <wink~wink>

Old 12-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Suprise Me

wyndhy - I love the smell of Vicks! I have heated up a cup of water in the microwave and put a dollop of vicks in it - that works.

I am going to have to look into this zinc stuff...maddy, I noticed those throat losenges before, but didn't pay much attention to them.

((((Hugs)))) everyone

Old 12-20-2004, 03:44 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
I used to heat up Tang too!

If this weren't such a serious thread...I'd have something to say about this.

Now, as far as colds go. I swear by vitamins and coffee.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Suprise Me

^^^LOL - I am sure what you are thinking is the same thing I was thinking when I read that but I didn't want to say what I was thinking and now what you are thinking because I figured if you were thinking what I was thinking you wouldn't think to pass up an opportunity to post what you were thinking.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:05 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne
^^^LOL - I am sure what you are thinking is the same thing I was thinking when I read that but I didn't want to say what I was thinking and now what you are thinking because I figured if you were thinking what I was thinking you wouldn't think to pass up an opportunity to post what you were thinking.

That sounds like way too much thinking to have my name attached to it. lmao

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.