Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
is it possible

for any two attractive people, sexual preferences considered, to have a completely platonic friendship?

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 02-24-2007, 10:00 PM

No, there can be a practical platonic relationship, but somewhere deep in the animal brain is the "Hmmm, a possible alternative breeding partner".

It's hard wired and ignorable.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
not just for breakfast

Did you not see when Harry Met Sally?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
not completely but mostly

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Loungin' Around

No, I don;t think so. One of my good friends is gay....and I know it...and I still want to jump him Talk about being hard wired.

My best friend is a guy, and it hasn't always been strictly platonic...although it is now that I am married.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Geezzzzzzz...I've thought about this a lot before I replied and I was gonna say that women might be able to, but men can't. But I gotta say NO! No matter the gender or sexual orientation there will always be that miniscule fleeting moment where it will flash in the brain, "Hmmmmm...I wonder if...ahhh, maybe not".

I say NO...absolutely not!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Sigh

Dont think so, I've gotten close to getting in deep with best friend before.. somthing said I'd loose her as my best friend if I let it go any further so I couldent continue that way, were still best friends years later.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to ReaperWoman
I agree. You can be very platonic, but there's always going to be that animal instinct in there.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:41 PM
HornDawg Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to quisath Send a message via Yahoo to quisath
Nope

Old 02-26-2007, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seminalfluid
Did you not see When Harry Met Sally?

And having asked that...here's the interaction:

Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present
Old 02-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Leo was right

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
for any two attractive people, sexual preferences considered, to have a completely platonic friendship?

It's absolutely possible for them to have the completely platonic friendship but if they are both attractive then I'm thinking the non-platonic thoughts are going to be that much more likely to creep in and thus increase the chances that the platonic thing goes right out the window, if only for a fleet moment. That's my theory on it anyway. I know I've had strictly platonic relationships with many very attractive ladies over the years. But you're talking about both parties being attractive right?

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMan
It's absolutely possible for them to have the completely platonic friendship but if they are both attractive then I'm thinking the non-platonic thoughts are going to be that much more likely to creep in and thus increase the chances that the platonic thing goes right out the window, if only for a fleet moment. That's my theory on it anyway. I know I've had strictly platonic relationships with many very attractive ladies over the years. But you're talking about both parties being attractive right?

platonic in the person's mind at the very least...having a sexual thought would make the relationship not completely platonic.
and when i say attractive ... well, that's all in the perception of the person looking, right?

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I wouldn't be friends with someone I didn't like, and I wouldn't have sex with someone I didn't connect with on more than just a sexual plane. ( no snakes on a plane jokes please)

I think at some point, sex would be something we would both consider. Acting on those thoughts are a different thing altogether though. I don't know that I would go there. But I'm sure I'd think about it!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Well 'attractive' is such a subjective thing. By its definition if you consider someone attractive then a relationship is not platonic in your head.

Having said that, I think I'm generally considered to be an attractive(ish) woman and I have a friend whom I also consider to be attractive, but our relationship is purely platonic and I could never imagine it being sexual. He's a very good looking straight bloke, but I do not find him sexy at all. Having said that, when I first saw him (performing in a play) I thought 'Oooh - he's nice' but as soon as I got to know him, those thoughts just flew out of the window.

That's not to say I don't flirt with him though. I flirt with everyone, girls included.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-26-2007, 12:37 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
Well 'attractive' is such a subjective thing. By its definition if you consider someone attractive then a relationship is not platonic in your head.

I don't know...I can recognize someone as attractive without wanting to sleep with them. But I guess that statement limits attractive to a physical analysis. I can see a pretty or handsome person without wanting to have sex but if we're talking about attractive in a sense where I'm attracted to them (mind, body & soul) then see above answer. ha ha

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.