Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Should I buy a webcam?
Yes 2 28.57%
No 0 0%
Yes, But only if you plan on posting pictures and movies here and doing free webshows for me 4 57.14%
Whats a webcam? 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 04:33 AM
This space for Rent

Should I buy a webcam?

I think the topic is pretty self explanitory. If you have a webcam please post your model and if you like it.

Ive narrowed it down too the 2 logitect cameras. both shoot 640-480 movies the 40 dollar one shoots that for pictures too, but the 99 dollar one shoots 1.2 megapixels for stills.

I would probably do some webcamming, but plan to use it mostly to take pictures of myself. I dont know if I really need a 1.2 megapixel camera, I would only get one, if the 640x480 resolution just looks pretty bad.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:49 PM

I have the quicksmart 510.... It is incredible...A must own!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:20 PM
~Excitable Boy~

Send a message via Yahoo to incitatus
Yes, you ought to get one. Even if you never post anything. The first couple of times you capture yourself "in the act" is very exhilarating. It's worth it just for the rush.

Then posting them is another rush all in itself.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:32 PM
This space for Rent

thanks for the replies. I guess no one has any information on the different cams. But after doing some reasearch, Ive decided to go with the cheaper camera.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:23 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Thumbs up Don’t think about it. GET IT!

A web cam is one of those things that you only will be kicking you own ass for not getting a long time ago. (I do that a lot.)

The coast today is SO reasonable for what it can do. My use is solely for webbing. I’ve been into photography for tooooooooo long and of course committed to some not-so-reasonable digital equipment a while back. It was very recently that somebody gave me the “inspiration”, so it was done with little research and on the cheap the next morning. LOL (PPFE)*

The real surprise to me was the REAL WORLD APPLICATIONS it has. The obvious personal uses aside, EVERYTHING you can do with the immediate Christmas pictures to grandma, and anything like it, you can do better. It’s the ability to point at something and ask a question or make a statement that is overwhelming to me. I have 3 companies that I do work for that I now have hooked up with web cams. It is so quick and easy to sit on the phone, hold up a part or point to something and have a clear understanding of the issue. It saves a ton of CAD drawing modification, scanning, uploading and e-mailing time. Same thing for the photo taking, downloading, editing, attaching etc.

Even the non-puter-comfortabe people like being able to click on their IM, click me, click the web cam button and talk to me on the phone about a matter. It is not all things for everything, but sure can be fast at doing the simple part of many much more costly and complicated things.

*pussy power for ever

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world