Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2003, 07:15 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
ASSignment #2

cause it's gonna be a pain in my ASS!!!!

What is the purpose of life? Your life? no restrictions

You had no idea I ws gonna try to drag you all through this class with me but I figure some one might like this introspective stuff.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Suprise Me

LOL - You have GOT to be kidding....

What class is this for Lil?

*plants her feet firmly on the ground to stop from being dragged*

Old 05-15-2003, 08:11 AM
Suprise Me

Maybe this will help you.............

What's the Purpose of Life?

- Sharon Sarles

Occasionally I get bummed out and begin asking, "What's the purpose to life?" I ask this because I see that most people live without purpose, without caring about others or about any cause. For me, that life is not worth living. A world that is composed of people who care nothing for others or for any moral cause is not a world worth living in. This is so obvious to me that I cannot understand why people are willing then to go through life without some higher purpose. I suspect that they can only by spending a lot of energy distracting themselves from the horrendousness of the choice or by being dimwitted enough not to contemplate reality wider than their plate and bed.

One dear person close to me, offered his formulation of the purpose of life. For him, he said, the purpose of life is to have the highest number of positive emotions. I pointed out to him that Emelda Marcos had many positive emotions - probably many more than the average. But that those positive emotions were borne on the back of the toil of her countrymen. Leona Helmsley. Al Capone. Perhaps even Hitler. This formulation leaves out morality and thus the good of the whole. Therefore its pleasure is shallow and short.

Once I believed that the purpose of life was to live for others. I do know people who espouse this doctrine: lay down your life as Christ did. I know few who practice it. I did. I was disappointed. Perhaps I was disappointed mostly because the church I discovered was adamant on being more like the people cited above than like a community attempting to live out Jesus' precepts. At any rate, I found plenty of crucifixions and no resurrections.

However, there is a purpose to life. This I believe. For belief, I have found is useful, both to the individual and to the whole community. The purpose of life is to serve and enjoy the good forever. One cannot enjoy the good without serving it. One cannot either truly know or reliably continue to serve the good without enjoying it.

Let us stake our faith, then, on this principle: the purpose of life is to serve and enjoy that which is good. The principle can be one of health to the individual psyche. The result can be one of health for the whole of humanity. Balance service to others with enjoyment, for enjoyment which forgets the claims of the others will in the end be withered and forgotten pleasure.

http://www.aeu.org/purpose.html

Old 05-15-2003, 08:19 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Philosophy

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Damnit Boy!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Bardog
Lets see the purpose of my life:
I kill bugs, open jars, yard work, car maintenance, pay bills, feed the dogs, cats and birds at our house, set the vcr, pick up heavy stuff, find out what that noise was after we're in bed, cook, and fix anything that is broken.

But I also get to:
Help ride bikes witout training wheels, play catch, give hugs and kisses,
solve problems, chase away monsters, help with homework, cheer at ball games and gym meets, listen about the knuckle heads at her office, eat dinner with the 3 people I love most, cuddle on the couch after the kids are in bed, give back rubs, and best of all say I love you

Yeah I'm a dad and husband. I guess the purpose of my life is my family.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:16 AM
~figment of imagination~

My purpose in life is to make people think. LOL .... and apparently myself too!

LOL so sorry you have class this summer. I am usually something people look forward to. hehe
~ me! ~
Old 05-15-2003, 09:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
I ought to like this question, because I spend more of my life living in my head that out of it. However, I'd want to say to whatever dumbass instructor asked me that, "You ARE kidding, right?"

I'd continue by saying: Who thinks there has to BE a purpose in life? Who gave you, Ms/Mr Instructor, the right to decide that some outside force deemed that we have a purpose or purposes in life? Do you think we have to be "here" for a purpose so that we can feel our life has or has had some significance or meaning? That there is more to it than "shit happens and then you die?" I don't like when not only does someone tell me what rules I have to abide by in the universe but also has the nerve to even suggest that there are any such rules except for some that I may decide to make up for myself if I need any to, as the song says, "get me through the night." (Damn, it feels good to be able to rant and rave at some imagined dumbass instructor....)

And if the question is, "What is THEE purpose in life," I would REALLY be seeing red.

Oh, I could try to justify what's happened in my life thus far by thinking that some of what I've suffered has been in order to help, for example, my parents grow, or I've been matched up with my daughter to give her a better chance in life with her major health problems since I have a medical background and am absolutely devoted to her care. I could think that I am here to help fight for all the underdogs of the world, being the bleeding heart liberal that I am, who believes in practicing what I preach. Or I could think, like a psychic told me a couple of years ago, that maybe my soul just chose this life this time around...one in which I will see what it is like to not ever be happy, to not ever have anything work out the way I wish it would. (That was the last time I talked to her!)

Now...that said, I myself can't begin to guess at whether I am here because of any outside force having put me here for a purpose. However, I am one of those list makers, one of those who has to have a goal or goals to work toward, however big or small. It gives me a chance to feel I've accomplished something, and then I get the pleasure of crossing whatever I've accomplished off my list, even if that list is only in my head. So I have purposes, or goals, in life that I myself have created, and they range from trying to see to it that we have food on the table each day to trying to be of service to someone (stranger, patient, loved one) as often and in as many ways as I possibly can (fits right in with my tendency to be a giver). My, my; that was rather cathartic.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:48 AM
Southern Belle

I would have to say the purpose of my life is to raise my children to be good, decent people.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Let's take the biological/Darwinian approach:
The purpose of life is to make more of our species.

OK, everybody, let's have an orgy!
Old 05-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Bardog
Lets see the purpose of my life:
I kill bugs, open jars, yard work, car maintenance, pay bills, feed the dogs, cats and birds at our house, set the vcr, pick up heavy stuff, find out what that noise was after we're in bed, cook, and fix anything that is broken.

But I also get to:
Help ride bikes witout training wheels, play catch, give hugs and kisses,
solve problems, chase away monsters, help with homework, cheer at ball games and gym meets, listen about the knuckle heads at her office, eat dinner with the 3 people I love most, cuddle on the couch after the kids are in bed, give back rubs, and best of all say I love you

Yeah I'm a dad and husband. I guess the purpose of my life is my family.

Bardog - I'm just wondering if you'd adopt me..............

My Step-father always says that the purpose of life is:

To live, love and leave a legacy. My interpretation of which is:

1 - Enjoy life and live it to its fullest

2 - Make sure that you experience the act of loving, regardless of whether you are loved in return

3 - Make your own little mark on the world, whether it be by having children or helping to make a difference in the world in some way, even if it's something as simple as planting a tree.

Hope this helps (it's a fairly simple concept on which to base an essay without having to go into too much mind bending stuff)

Oh and Lil, want me to come over there and kick that teacher's arse for setting such a hideous assignment?

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 05-15-2003, 12:25 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

wait til you guys see assignment 3

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Go places, see things, do people...
Old 05-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Damnit Boy!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Bardog
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulabelle

Bardog - I'm just wondering if you'd adopt me..............

I'd Love to.......
I left out the part about being a dirty old man who has allways wanted a sexy step daughter!
Old 05-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Everybody Stretch!

My purpose?

Quite simply stated......to learn all that I can from everyone I meet and to use this knowledge to better myself. And in return, give to them, whether they stay in my life or go, a sense or impression that I am a different person because of knowing them. It's a "take and give" life for me!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-15-2003, 03:22 PM
Just me.

I think .... therefore, I am. (At least most of the time.)

Seriously ... to be the best I can be for my wife, my family, friends, and others I meet along the way.