Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Fallen

Exclamation "For Every Begining, There is an End...": Thoughts on the Matrix (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Ok, so I saw "Matrix: Revolutions" today at the early show and thought I would share my thoughts, and see what others thought. For those that have not seen it yet, don't worry, the spoilers are all down below

Overall I liked it very much, I was actually more caught up in the story and what would happen next as opposed to paying attention to any special effects they did (this from the 3D Animator/Modeller). Granted, overall I go for story and character content over fluff anyway, but I was very suprised at the emotions that were evoked in me by this movie. With that...on to the spoilers, so stop reading if you still have yet to see it

Ok so...I just had to share my thoughts on a few scenes...first off, I was not prepared for the enormity of the assault on Zion. When I say that, I don't mean the scale of the assault by the machines, but just the raw power that radiated from it.

The first scene where the first drill breaks through to the docks and the APUs (I absolutely love those) let loose, it was the start...but when the hole widens...and you see the endless flow of sentinels coming out...and they form that one long chain and all the main guns center on it, firing for all their worth...only to see it not slow down and smash into the tower...I just felt the utter hoplessness of it all.

But still they keep fighting, even though you feel the plight of their struggle...the scene with Captain Moffta (I actually forget his name ) is all alone in his APU and the little kid is reloading it for him...watching him just sit there and unload upon the hordes of machines bearing on him as they funnel over and around him...as they rip him to shreds and he screams out his defiance...that show of remarkable valiance...indomitable spirit...it made my heart wrench.

Of course last but not least, the scene with Trin and Neo. Yes, it was kind of inevitable, you pretty much felt it would happen...but I had this sinking feeling once she said she was there, and Neo dropped to the floor...that she was going to be torn in half, and his hand was going to encounter her torso...which would have just put me over the edge...thankfully she was "just" impaled heh. Yet even though I knew it was going to happen...it still didn't stop me from feeling the pain...

On a lighter note, who wanted to see more of Seref (sp?)? I thought he was damn cool and bad ass, loved his demeanor. Anyway, just some ramblings by me, maybe I am just a softy Anyway, hope everyone else enjoyed it.
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon
Old 11-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Manwhore

I am in total agreement when it comes to the scene with Trin and Neo. I thought she would be torn in half or impaled and it did turn out to be the latter.

Seraph is a cool cat. I was glad to see more of him. It's a bummer that Gloria Foster passed away and could not reprise her role as The Oracle.

Things I didn't like... At times I was a little thrown by the pace of the movie. It seemed like they didn't get back to what was happening with Trinity and Neo for a long time when they showing the battle in Zion. It was pretty predictable too... the kid promising to not let Captain Mifune down and then getting the gate open at the critical moment. Oh well... it wasn't that way through the WHOLE movie, so I'm going to make the choice to not let it bother me.

BTW, krzykrn... I looked up the name spellings at imdb.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 11-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Huggable!

Aqua,

Whats 'imdb' where you looked up the name spellings?
Old 11-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Manwhore

The internet movie database, hence imdb

www.imdb.com

It's great for finding out who was in that one movie, or finding out what that movie was called in the first place. Look up an actor and see every film and TV appearance they have been in or even find reviews on movies. It's a very informative site.

Old 11-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Working Stiff

IMDB is the greatest site ever!!!...well...err...except this one of course ......ok..I'll be going now....
Old 11-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Manwhore

lol @ Eros

Old 11-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Prince of Pervs

Just got back from seeing the film, all yesterday I was reading reviews saying it wasn't very good..........well they were wrong I think it was better than the 2nd film. The FX were awesome and anyone can forgive the makers for a few cheesy lines here n there.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 11-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Huggable!

Thanks Aqua.

The imdb is great!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Never listen to critics when it comes to Sci-fi and action type movies, most critics dont seem to like entertaining movies.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Manwhore

True that skip.

Old 11-08-2003, 08:05 AM

This lone voice echoes in a lonely vault.

The basic storyline of the original matrix was the fight by a small

band of freedom fighters to rescue humans being used as batteries

to power a vast computer.

The only thing that has been achieved is that a minute percentage

of the people can live for a limited time without hindrance.

It was not an end.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:10 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
OK so I just got back and can finally read this thread

So Neo is Jesus? The machine thing even says, "It is done".

I thought the Neo/ Trin scene was WAY too predictable...*kiss* dead I think they threw that in for the ladies. I know she had to live to drive his blind ass to the "crucifixtion'. So in 3 days he will rise from the dead or what?

I liked the 3D stuff but did not care for the fake fake fake fight with Neo and Smith at the end. I liked it very much but just still feel like I am missing the point unless it's just the Bible revisted. Enlighten me?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-14-2003, 08:34 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Hmmm, I never reallly thought about it in a biblical context until now, Lilith! Will do some pondering!

My overall thoughts on the movie are: it's great, but too touchy feely mushy crap. Trinity dying? Bah! 'Twas not meant to be! And yes, predictable and soppy and Built Fer Ladies.
The ending - so all's rosy and happy and Neo saved the day? BORING! How about the fight goes on, the resistence continues to battle for survival? Something UPLIFTING! Rather than boring "Yeah, well, we did it.... wasn't that fun.... see ya later, buy a T-shirt."

I hate the skin-head kid. I hated him with a passion in the second movie, and I hate him even more passionate now. Get some clues, dick.

I don't think the Mouth of the Matrix was done well. Sorry, it just seemed stupid to me.

I also don't think it answered that many questions - the second movie was SO confusing this one failled to explain things. I felt, anyway. Could be I'm just stupid

And Sexy Keanu??? Blinded and scarred??? You just can't DO that! Bastards.

But before you all get upset and say I'm bagging everything, I'm not. I loved the film, and rank it as good or better than the second. The first, of course, is a hundred thousand times better than all of them. It just rocked.

The Battle of Zion was awesome. Just incredible. The enormity of it all, and the sheer terror of war - wanna go to war if you're gonna be running around refilling those shoulder-launched rockets? Scary as all shit, just like real war.

The Upside Down fight was cool too, nothing fancy just a good action sequence I thought. Like the gun battle in the building foyer in the first film.

All in all, like I said it was really good. Not as good as the first, but as good or better than the second.
Worth seeing again, and I am next week

CasperTG

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 11-14-2003, 09:30 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Casper~ the only thing I got from it was the Biblical stuff.....they call Neo the savior a zillion times. Trinity is ummm like the trinity, father, son, holy ghost. When he dies a huge cross of light shines through his torso. And the machine man thingy quotes the Bible.

I am curious as to what the little girl's role will be in the next movie. Because if Neo is Jesus there will be a Ressurection...makes sense..Relaoded, Revolution Ressurection ??? Maybe?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Manwhore

It started off as Biblical in the first movie... talk of prophecies, a city called Zion, a ship called the Nebuchadnezzer... but Neo already ressurected in the first movie. So I don't think he is really dead. I hope it is over though. No more films please. The war is over and there is the animatrix, the video game, and the major motion pictures to tell the story... plus comics.

Also, if anyone cares... I liked the first film the best, then the second, and the third was my least favorite, although I really liked it.