Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 05:14 AM
Just me.

Car theft warning ... FALSE ...

Got this from my brother-in-law and thought I'd pass it on. Good advice for the guys and gals ...

10-18-07 ... REPORT DEEMED FALSE
Sorry ... DB

BEWARE OF PAPER IN THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE
NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKING
(NOT A JOKE)

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse. When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shif t into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when t he car jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.

They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in t he car.

So now the car jacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS
NOW BEING USED....

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away! Eemove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identific ation documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Thank you.
Lieutenant Tony Bartolome
Bureau of Investigations
Florida Highway Patrol
P.O. Box 593527 Orlando , FL 32859

Last edited by dicksbro : 10-18-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse. When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

Thanks for the heads up DB. ................................BUT, I have scratch my head each time I run this sequence in my mind.

Most parking lots have rows of cars parked nose-to-nose and most garages place all the vehicles nose-to-wall, both leaving you the exiting traffic lane as your path of approach to your car, no? Unless you were backed into your place, you would have to walk past the rear of the car and just the fact that it is public parking and not your drive way, you normally would give the car at least a quick visual to be sure it's the right one and glad it's still there. Don't you usually remove any hand bills or advertizements as you walk past?

Again, thanks for the warning about another way they are using to tag us, but I don't think I'd depend on this ploy to get a car to stop and vacate with the engine running.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Just me.

Suppose the people doing these things look for the cars where they think it'd work. I don't know but also suspect they watch for "the pigeons" they go after and take into account how they're parked. Anyway, seemed like a decent warning. Bugs me that there are so many dishonest people.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Mingling with the crowd.

Snopes

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp says this is not true, at least not widespread. However, it could be feasible....
Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Just me.

Sorry for the misleading info. Looked up the Florida officer's name and he did at one time forward this information but now says he wished he never had. Again, sorry for the false alarm.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Thanks anyway for giving us something to think about. We know they are always coming up with new ways to get something for nothing and when it's my something, I want to be able to give it some consideration.

(The only one I am aware of that has no defense is the scam Lixy warned us about. )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world