Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 09:51 AM

My Ex-wife's Friend.....Some Advice

I have found myself in a rather odd situation and am not sure how to play things, so thought i would throw it out for some advice & opinions.

I have recently split with my wife who i had been with for 16 years....it is all amicable and a joint decision that has been coming for a while. Now in recent weeks i have been spending some time with a friend of my ex's, not a close friend but she is more of a friend to my ex's twin sister. Previous to these last couple of weeks i had not spent much time in her company, just on occasions when we have bumped into each other in the supermarket and chatted & a few times when i have repaired her PC for her.

Well i saw her a couple of weeks ago and told her about the split, and she invited me over.....well i went and told her about all that had gone on, and we ended up having a really enjoyable evening, got a takeaway in, had a couple of bottles of wine and ended up staying up chatting most of the night.....was a really nice evening, and unexpected. This type of evening has now happened a few times, and we have hung out a bit some days, and now planning to go out for dinner.

We have got quite close although nothing has happened, and i have really started to like her a lot, and i think she feels the same way......but i am not sure how to bring up and move stuff forward just incase i have mis-read things, especially as she knows my ex-wife.....or it could be she is thinking the same and does not know how to approach things with me, so am struggling to know to best way play this situation.

Any advice would be of help.

Regards

Langley
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
You say the split was amicable and a long time coming. Your ex probably will not care but perhaps you should mention it to her just in passing. As for the friend, she is def sending the signals and wants to go out. Go slow and see where it leads. Have a good time but just keep the expectations at whatever happens happens.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM

There are times when just a friend is more important and satisfying than burying yourself in a dead-ended relationship.

As Lil said, "Go slow and see where it leads."
Old 10-25-2010, 03:16 AM

Many thanks for your thoughts, it is prob right thing to do to take it slow as this type of situation is new ground for me.....it has been a pleasurable surprise, but was i concerned it was a bridge to far, but slow is the way forward it seems.

Langley
Old 01-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Freeze!

Send a message via MSN to Mark Vieth
A bit late to the party here I know....sorry.

Well my advise here is go for it....oh and more importantly if you have done so already, an update would be good, just to see how things went or are still going etc.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:11 AM

Hi Mark.

An update is overdue, langley.