Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Everybody Stretch!

**WARNING** Sad Thread...Don't want to bring you down!

I'm sitting here soooooooooooooooooooo alone!

Well, not all alone. Just to the right of me is my cellar door. My cat is scratching at it and crying in the saddest meow I've ever heard. I ain't all alone...just a door betwixt us. I can't let him out cause I just gave him the last glycerin suppository I'm ever going to give him in hopes that he'll pass whatever it is that is blocking him from pooping for the past few days. Just a few days before this I gave him his "last" suppository. I keep thinking this is the one that'll do the trick!

It's been about a year or so now that he's been having bowel trouble. He's 17+ years old and he used to weigh about 16 or more lbs. If he weighs 5 lbs. now it'd be a miracle. He has a hyperthyroid condition (has had it for a few years). and is still eating and drinking plenty of water. He never seems like he is in pain so I haven't taken him to the vets this time. To know Rocky is to know that he can't be seen by a vet (or touched by anyone but myself and Mr. Lixy) without knocking him out first. He could/can be very mean and he has all his claws. In the past couple years that I've taken him to the vets, and he has been knocked out, it's taken him so much longer to recover. I know in my heart he can't take it this time!

So, I was sitting here listening to him dig at the door and cry to get out and I felt a need to talk to someone. I tried calling my baby sis. No answer. I tried calling a few friends. No one is home. Mr. Lixy was exhausted and is in bed. I checked certain IM's and notta!

Here's the deal...

If this suppository doesn't help him pass the blockage we'll have to put him down. He can't contain this toxin and I can't watch him waste away to nothing. I was hoping he'd go to sleep and that'd be that. So far he is determined to hold whatever is in him and slim down to feather weight!

I gave you fair warning of this being a downer thread! I'm sooooooooooo sorry to lay it on you like this...but my heart is so heavy and I didn't have anywhere to turn.

We are thinking...if he isn't a bit better by Wednesday we'll call the vets and ask for euthanasia. I've never done this before and so I don't know protocol. I want to ask if I can hold him as he dies. I also want to know if they'll let me bring his body home to bury in my yard. We have a headstone for him already. Mr. Lixy cracked off a piece of granite from a protruding boulder in our yard several years ago. He needed to get over the boulder with the tractor. Anyway...he carved a "R" in it and has kept it in the barn since then.

Anyone know if I can hold him while they give him the shot, and if I can can bring his body home?

Geezzzzzzzzzz...I can see his paw reaching out from under the door. I have to go to bed now...before I cave in and let him out. My heart is aching like crazy! Just needed to get this out! TY for listening/reading!

I'll keep you posted.

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-26-2005, 11:58 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
(((((((((((Lixy)))))))))))))) Yes you can hold him and they will let you bring him home. I was too heartbroken to do the right thing for my kitty and held her while she died a long agonizing death in my arms. I will never forgive myself for my selfishness.

I'm so sorry your baby is so sick. I've been there and I know how much it pains you. Sending you vibes of peace and bravery....

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Awwww...i feel ya pain there

I got to hold my baby when they put him down and also brought him home
Old 12-27-2005, 12:25 AM
gurly gurl

OMG I'm so sorry you're going thru that. I know it's a hard thing. We had a lab we were told should be put to sleep but we couldn't do it......we let him suffer it out at home and probably shouldn't have.

Thinking of you!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:17 AM
Everybody Stretch!

((((((Lilith)))))) ((((((Alassė )))))) ((((((imaginewithme))))))

OMG!!!!!!! TY for the kind, insightful and supportive words!

If you know anything about me you'll know I COULDN'T go to bed! I turned off the TV and sat quietly and listened while Rocky scratched at the door. Periodically there was silence. That happened three times and I got to thinking...maybe he's "pushing" to go potty. I sat some more and waited. More scratching and a few bellows that tore my heart out! Mind you...I could hear him going up and down the stairs all the while.

Oh...BTW...I forgot to mention that I have solid wood doors in this old house, but I made Mr. Lixy cut a hole in the cellar door so I could put a pet (swinging) door in it and we could keep the big door closed and Rocky could still get to his litter box. That pet door has a solid insert to prevent entering or exiting when I want. I had the insert in and Rocky was trying to push it out!

Well...I couldn't take his cries anymore! He's my one and only "baby" and a mother can take only so much. I let him out and checked him out thoroughly...as only a mother can (ya know?). I then went down the stairs to see if he left me a present in the litter box. He missed the box by inches...but he passed a blockage that even a human would have had trouble with! I don't want to get too graphic...but he must be sighing a sigh that can be heard around the world!

To make a long story longer...Rocky is the only cat with 18, instead of 9, lives!!!!!

I promise ladies (above)...I will not make him suffer because of any selfish act on my part. But, if he is feeling better when I wake up I'll reconsider calling the vets just yet.

WOW! So sorry to get you all worked up. I'm so glad I have Pixies to come to and get it all out! TY for understanding!

~Thomas Dewar~

Last edited by LixyChick : 12-27-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:21 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

<--- reaching smilie

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
<--- reaching smilie

Smile received and gratefully returned!

*smacks groping hand away from my butt*

JK hun!

I love you too!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
I'm glad he was able to get through this one (or more to the point it get through him )

He sounds like a tough ole kitty kat!!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Loungin' Around

(((((Lixy))))) ~~ just keep loving him, and he'll keep fighting to stay with you.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 12-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alassė
I'm glad he was able to get through this one (or more to the point it get through him )

He sounds like a tough ole kitty kat!!

TY (((((Alassė)))))!

Patience has never been a virtue of mine and so I may have put the cart before the horse in typing out this thread initially.

Most people think because he is gray that we named Rocky for the cartoon character of Rocky and Bullwinkle fame (U.S. thing???). More acurately, he is named after the boxer..."Rocky Balboa"!!! He is a scrapper! I should remember that before I feel a need to type my woes!

TY for your concern!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
(((((Lixy))))) ~~ just keep loving him, and he'll keep fighting to stay with you.

TY (((((osuche)))))! I do love the stuffins outta him...poopie hiney and all! Mr. Lixy calls Rocky (amoung other things) a "Tittie Hanger"!!!

I just tell Mr. Lixy, "Jealousy won't get you anywhere"!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-27-2005, 02:03 AM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
Mr. Lixy calls Rocky (amoung other things) a "Tittie Hanger"!!!

Tittie hanger?

<-- Yikes smilie

Does he use claws???

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 12-27-2005, 02:14 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
....More acurately, he is named after the boxer..."Rocky Balboa"!!! He is a scrapper! .....

more like Rocky Graziano

(he was real)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
Tittie hanger?

<-- Yikes smilie

Does he use claws???

Yikes is right! Ou...fuckin...OUCH!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I've even been known to get in the tub with him (back in his bathing days) all nekky and he never "clawed" me on purpose. I actually had to get in the tub with him to get him bathed because he always wanted to get out to get in my arms. Funny how a cat chooses one person to be "his" person".

Side Note: Rocky is now sitting on my lap as I type this last tidbit of thanks and appreciation! He seems more comfortable at this moment than he has been in days!

I count the minutes with him now...instead of the hours and days!

TY (((((EVERYONE)))))!!!!!!!!!!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Just me.

Lixy,

OMG, I just logged on and saw this. Lots of hugs to you. I know how much I miss our Pokey and I remember the pain he went through when we lost him and the pain I felt then, also.

Just know you're in our thoughts today.

Lots of love ...

DB and the Mrs.