Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
September 20th

In 1997, the Great Gastronomic Kitty festival of cat cookery in Chile, was cancelled after pressure from welfare groups.

Today in 1519, Portugese navigator Ferdinand Magellan began his attempt to sail a fleet of five ships around the world. He was killed en route, but one of his ships completed the journey.

Eight riders covered 476 miles from Paris to Nantes and back in 1896, in the worlds first motorcycle race

In 1985, a drought in southern France became so extreme that the shrine at Lourdes had to ration its Holy Water for fear of running out!
I only own my mind
Old 09-21-2003, 05:28 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

September 21st

(so called) Pop group The Bangles broke up this day in 1989. See, I don't tell you ALL bad news in this thread!!

Today in 1937, J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbitwas published. The first print run sold out by Christmas, but the book didn't sell millions until the popularity of Lord Of The Ringsin the 1960's

Leeds University took on Reading (University) in 1962, as Bamber Gascoigne presented Granada TV's first University Challenge based on the American show College Bowl.

Monks from seven different countries, accompanied by an elephant, inaugurated Milton Keynes's new Peace Pagoda in 1980.
I only own my mind
Old 09-21-2003, 06:52 AM
Just me.

In 1982, San Francisco's cable cars ceased operations for 2 years for repairs to be done.

Bill Murray was born in Evanston Ill. Bill is a comedian that has done a number of movies like What About Bob and Stripes.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

September 22nd

Thanks for those, dicksbro!!

Huan Huan, the only giant Panda ever to have given birth in Japan, died today in 1997

In 1828 the great Zulu chief Shaka, founder of the Zulu Kingdom, was murdered by his half-brother Dingane

The "ohm", "volt" and "ampere" were made official units at the Electrical Conference in Paris in 1888

Jack Dempsey floored heavyweight champion Gene Tunney during their fight in 1927, but retired to the wrong corner, giving Tunney time to recover and win the fight
I only own my mind
Old 09-23-2003, 03:57 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

September 23rd

In 1942, the first V2 rocket is successfully flown form Peenemunde in Germany.

At the Sydney olympics in 2000, Steve Redgrave over came diabetes and aching limbs to win a record-breaking fifth Olympic rowing GOld medal.

Quizmaster Michael Miles (any Brits remember HIM?) first invited contestants to "open the box" on ITV's Take Your Pick today in 1955

In 1667 a law was passed in Williamsburg, Virginia, barring slaves from obtaining freedom by converting to Christianity.
I only own my mind
Old 09-24-2003, 02:22 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

September 24th

In 1997 Bangladesh launched a campaign to cull 3.5 million RATS!!! Prizes were to be given to those who produced the most rat-tails!

Today in 1967, the two "Queens" of the Cunard Line, the Queen Mary & the Queen Elizabeth, passed each other in the Atlantic for the last time.

The first horse-racing Classic, the two-mile St. Leger, named after Irish soldier Lieutenant-Colonel Anthony St. Leger, was run for the first time at Doncaster in 1776. No record of any American entries though!!

A loclal bobby rounded up, and took into custody, the crew of German Zeppelin LZ-76 in 1916, after it was forced down near Colchester, Essex.
I only own my mind
Old 09-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

September 25th

Led Zeppelin's John Bonham asphyxiated on his own vomit in 1980, after downing 40 shots of Vodka

in 1267, English king Henry III recognised Llywelyn ap Gruffydd and his heirs as kings of Wales, and agreed the borders of their respective territories. The agreement lasted just nine years!

The first transfusion of human blood into a human patient was carried out at Guy's hospital in London in 1818. Previous attempts had used animal blood.

Floyd Paterson became the first boxer to lose the world heavyweight title in the first round, being knocked out by Sonny Liston in 1962
I only own my mind
Old 09-26-2003, 04:30 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

September 26th

Japanese PM Hirobumi Ito and Ceylonese PM Solomon Bandaranaike were BOTH assassinated on this day, in 1909 and 1959 respectively.

In 1988, Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was stripped of his 100 metres gold medal from the Seoul Olympics when he failed a drugs test

In 1907, having been a British colony for 100 years, New Zealnd became a self-governing dominion of the British Commonwealth. Happy Birthday, NZ!!!

The fastest "speeding" driver ever caught on the M3 motorway in england, was a doctor trapped at 149mph......... ina car with TWO faulty tyres!!

OK folks..... Celticangel and I are going away this weekend, not back til Monday. I'm still enjoying posting here, but I NEED to know if anyone else still feels the same, otherwise I'm just gonna kill the thread! Let me know here, if you'd be so kind. Thanx.

DM
I only own my mind
Old 09-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Just me.

In 1687, the Parthenon was destroyed in war between Turks & Venetians

In 1777, British troops occupied Philadelphia during the American Revolution

The opera "Lucia di Lammermoor" is produced in Naples in 1835. (This is the opera my wife and I just saw.)
Old 09-26-2003, 07:39 PM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
Sept 26th

1962 - On CBS-TV, "The Beverly Hillbillies" debuted. Audiences in the United States were enchanted by Jed, Ellie Mae, Granny, Jethro, and Miss Jane.

1962 - The Soviet Union made an offer to end the Cuban Missile Crisis by taking its missile bases out of Cuba if the U.S. agreed to not invade Cuba.

1969 - The Beatles headed towards a hit LP for the fianl time, as "Abbey Road" was released in London, England. The "fab four's" 13th and fianl album for the quickly shot to #1 on the music charts, staying there for 11 weeks.

1996 - United States astronaut Shannon Lucid returned to earth after 188 days in orbit on the Russian space station Mir, longer than any other American and a record for a woman.

1998 - A French lab found a nerve agent on an Iraqi missile warhead.

And yes DM, I still like posting here.....just been really busy lately!
Old 09-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Banned

On Sept. 27, 1964, the Warren Commission issued a report concluding that Lee Harvey Oswald had acted alone in assassinating President Kennedy
Old 09-29-2003, 12:20 AM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
Sept. 29th:

1789 - Congress voted to create the United States Army, made up of 1,000 enlisted men and officers.

1829 - Greater London’s Metropolitan Police has much to do when there was opposition to the act of Parliament authorizing the police force. The act was requested by Home Secretary Sir Robert Peel; so the police were called "Bobbies" in honor of him. The first official headquarters for the Bobbies were at Scotland Yard. Scotland Yard would become the police force's official name.

1913 - Rudolf Diesel, French inventor of the diesel internal combustion engine, disappeared and presumably drowned in the English Channel.

1947 - Musician Dizzy Gillespie (performing with Charlie Parker) made his Carnegie Hall debut in New York City. Playing with a full-sized band, Gillespie was the leader of a new wave of jazz known as bebop. Over time, Gillespie became one of the great jazz players of all time.

1961 - Lenny Bruce, controversial stand-up comedian, was arrested on this date for narcotics, and a week later, for obscenity.

1978 - Pope John Paul I was found dead after only one month as pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church.

1982 - After a man in California was poisoned by a strychnine-laced capsule, 264,000 bottles of pain reliever, Tylenol, were recalled. Seven people died from cyanide poisoning when, unknowingly, they took deliberately tampered with Tylenol. The killer or killers were never identified.

1986 - Mary Lou Retton, who in the 1984 Olympics stunned audiences with perfect 10 scores, retired from the world of gymnastics.

1989 - Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was convicted of battery for slapping a Beverly Hills police officer who had pulled over her Rolls-Royce for expired license plates. (As part of her sentence, Gabor served three days in jail.)
Old 09-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Banned

My crazy kitten was born a year ago today!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

September 29th

dicksbro... darogle... Steph Thank you SO much for your contributions...... I must admit, I was beginning to wonder if anyone ever read these little ramblings I find; seems you do, AND enjoy them!! OK, you ASKED for it!!! DM

Today is the anniversary of the first action in war won by grenades, during WWI in 1915. It happened during an attack on the Hohenzollem Redoudt on the Western Front, and was won thanks to the "bowling arm" of one Second Lieutenant Fleming-Sandes

In 1987 an Australian judge rejected the British government's plea to extend the ban on former spy Peter Wright'sbook, Spycatcher, which had been blocked from publication

The first broadcast by BBC Radio's new "Third Programme", later to become Radio 3, wnet out today in 1946.

In 1714, a 54-year old German arrived in Greenwich to assume the British throne, as King George I. (How many of you {Brit or toherwise} knew our Royals were, in fact, of German descent?!)

DM
I only own my mind
Old 09-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Banned

I'm a history major so I do like reading them

On Sept. 29, 1957, The New York Giants played their last game at the Polo Grounds, losing to the Pittsburgh Pirates 9-1. The Giants moved to San Francisco for the next season.