Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
So where the hell are they going??

I just saw on the news this evening that housing sales are down in the top 5 markets in the nation. According to the report on CBS news, new home sales are down in Florida.

The reporter interviewed a brokor and county executive from Broward County Florida, who both indicated that particular county has lost population from 2006.

So if people are no longer going to places in the Sun Belt, where are they going, because the housing and new build market in Michigan is down as well.

All the papers here in my area as still talking about how the markets are "booming" in Florida, Arizona, California and Texas. Obviously that isn't always the case.

Anyone got any ideas?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:08 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I know that I debated selling and moving up about 2 years ago but I am so very glad I talked myself into holding still.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Maybe they are coming my way. Microsoft and Intel just anounced that they, along with the University of Illinois, are starting a 5 year multi-million dolllar research project in the near future.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Hold tight kiddies. I think we have some very interesting times ahead and we're all going to get to see some new things.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Loungin' Around

I think many people are renting and not buying. In terms of where people are moving - the SF Bay Area economy (job wise) is very strong, although house values are down a whopping 11% year over year.

My best guess is that people are moving back to their roots and families, and states in the MidWest will see a net population rise, where as expensive states (like CA for instance) will eventually see a population drop. Unless, of course, the job market in SF continues to grow...in which case, people stay where the jobs are.

In lieu of a great job, it's far easier to make it in a state with low cost of living (like Ohio) than places like the Bay Area. Trust me - I know.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 03-20-2008, 09:50 PM

Home sales here are sloooowwing down alot and foreclosures are up almost 15% over a year ago.Since nobody wants to live in the city(okla. city) they have to drive at least 25mi. one way to work and its starting to show by increased foreclosures.Homes over 100,000 in the small towns around the city are not selling they are sitting all most 9mos. to a year now.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
My only complaints at the moment about housing is the fact that five days after I locked in my interest rate the feds dropped the rate 3/4%.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Leo was right

A couple from Fla. just bought the house two down from me........... maybe my town is the destination.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 03-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Causer of Unrest

I don'T Think They're coming here; Tons of houses on the markeT for monThs and monThs; noThing's selling, Though I don'T Think people have goTTen The message--prices are sTill high when I read The lisTings. CharTer Funding laid off everyone working for Them here, and They're noT the only ones--lots of morTgage brokers' office seem To be empTy laTely.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Maybe they are just hiding.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 03-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Odd thing is that that the radio news reported this morning that Feberuary housing sales were up, although inidividal prices were down over all.

Funny that's how thigns happen when you make things cost less overall.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:31 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude30
My only complaints at the moment about housing is the fact that five days after I locked in my interest rate the feds dropped the rate 3/4%.

my complaint is that the fed is bailing out tons of people who made bad choices or bought well above their means, but it's leaving the rest of us high and dry. fuckers. talk about a welfare state.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM

^^^ Yep!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:23 PM
~getting by~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
my complaint is that the fed is bailing out tons of people who made bad choices or bought well above their means, but it's leaving the rest of us high and dry. fuckers. talk about a welfare state.

AMEN!! sister friend. I couldn't have said it nearly as well. I'd like to know when I get a break for being a responsible adult.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
revolution!!!!!!!!!

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose