Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 07:34 PM
satisfactionisaguarantee

Scuba diving, rock climbing, yoga...

I love all three of these sports...have been doing some searching on pixies...but would just like to get a better idea if any of you participate
in any of these?

In general, who likes to get all sweaty and work out? I sure do....

I'm gonna get certified for scuba diving soon, and gonna finally learn how to belay better for rock climbing....I just wish I had a climbing buddy who lived in NJ or PA or somewhere close so I could climb with!

As far as yoga goes...I don't go to classes b/c of my time and money restraints but I love it and work out at home as often as I can
Anyway...was just curious...and since I just got done w/ some yoga, it was fresh a question running fresh in my mind
Old 08-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Keeping warm

I love to do aerobics and took a class through my school but it seems like i need a class or an expensive gym membership to get me off my tush and doing it. If i had more of an option I would love to scuba dive and try some yoga but there isn't any place around whre I live to do that. As far as the rock climing I don't think I could do that I'm a bit of a chicken lol.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Banned

I'm the opposite, dreamgurl ~ I've climbed a lot but don't think I'll be heading underwater for extended periods any time soon. LOL

Belaying is the best/easiest part of climbing. The workout is in the arms mostly. Ah, I miss the mountains!

Yoga classes are quite inexpensive (I've got a couple of pretty poor friends who teach!).

Wickedly varied thread you've started!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Southern Belleified

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzKristin
I love all three of these sports...have been doing some searching on pixies...but would just like to get a better idea if any of you participate
in any of these?

In general, who likes to get all sweaty and work out? I sure do....

I'm gonna get certified for scuba diving soon, and gonna finally learn how to belay better for rock climbing....I just wish I had a climbing buddy who lived in NJ or PA or somewhere close so I could climb with!

As far as yoga goes...I don't go to classes b/c of my time and money restraints but I love it and work out at home as often as I can
Anyway...was just curious...and since I just got done w/ some yoga, it was fresh a question running fresh in my mind

I sweat all the time. I would be more then happy to towel you down anytime!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:20 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I dive OzKristin. Mr. Lixy was certified back in 1984 and kept saying I would love it if I would just give it a try. I was reluctant because I am a bit claustraphobic and I thought the feel of all that water surrounding me would kick it in down there and I would panic. Nothing could be further from the truth! That we are unable to travel in space, scuba is the closest thing to zero gravity I'll ever experience. And, if the visibility is good there can be no way that one would feel claustraphobic...but exactly the opposite! We dive in N.J. from time to time, but haven't this year. The visibility is between 15-40 feet and that's probably the best to expect this far north. But, go down south...specially to the Keys in Fl. and the visibility is 100 feet or more. It's truly amazing!

Getting certified was pretty cool. I took classes in an olympic size swimming pool for the first part and then we took the rest of the course in a quarry specifically set up for diving. My dive master was so patient and understanding of my initial fears and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Hubby and I are certified P.A.D.I. open water. We'd like to take advanced courses but time is difficult to find these days. For now, we are able to do most of what more advanced divers do but we are conservative and stick to all the rules. My deepest dive to date is 95 feet, but I prefer more shallow dives (which is the case in the Keys) so that I can stay down longer. Time flies when you are down there exploring. The weightlessness is about the best thing I can think of on the planet...besides sex, of course...lol!

Hope you have as much fun with it as we do. Make sure you get the full course and not just the 3 hour course they give you on the islands. It'll make for more peace of mind! PM me anytime!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-20-2004, 08:02 AM
satisfactionisaguarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch22
I sweat all the time. I would be more then happy to towel you down anytime!

Sounds like I got a towel man to keep me toweled down
Old 08-21-2004, 01:54 AM
Southern Belleified

And you have your choice of massages!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to huntersgirl
I love yoga. Unfortunately haven't done much recently, but hope to change that real soon. Once you really get into it, you never want to miss a day! I would love to dive, I haven't had the opportunity yet, but maybe someday. As far as rock climbing goes, my mother climbed for years and I always thought I would, but even with weight lifting and exercise my upper body strength sucks, so I think it would be a chore. But as I say, never say never!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Never say never, but if you do it's okay to change your mind~me, I think