Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2004, 12:53 AM
Serious Member

Thank you - DDay Veterans

I'd just like to say thank you to those whose courage and sacrifice has made the best things in my life possible.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:16 AM
It wasn't me!!!

Send a message via MSN to musketeer
I want to echo what he says. My Grandfather was in the Royal Navy and was wounded in action during the Normandy Landings. He was buried with shrapnel still in his body 54 years later.
if not an escape from life?
Old 06-06-2004, 04:46 AM

My Grandfather died in the D-day landings - we should all remember the sacrifice of the brave men who gave their lives to liberate Europe and thank whichever deity you believe in that we have the freedom they gave their lives for.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:59 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

On behalf of myself, my children and my grandchildren, I acknowledge and thank the people from the “Greatest Generation” for their costly gift of all I have had in this life. I am grateful to my now passed uncle who was with the 4th Infantry Division at Utah Beach, the uncle who died at Omaha Beach with the 29th Infantry Division and the other 130,000 troops that changed my life that day.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 06-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Though I know no one personally...I'd still like to add my appreciation! For those who put their life in jeopardy, and/or died, to make this world a safer place...I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

TY for the thread Vigil!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 06-06-2004, 10:59 AM

Hats off to those who opened the third, difficult and crucial third front!
Old 06-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Learning to talk sexy

I agree ... thank you ... special thank you to a dear friend of mine who I have the pleasure to know who was one of those very young men landing on Normandy on DDay in the first wave ... he's in his early 90's now, and a kind, generous, giving man ... I only know of this event in his life because he's been interviewed several times .... one of the few still living from that group. Rock on "RO"
Old 06-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
I have 3 uncles who served in WWII, all three in the Pacific theater. I'd like to add my thanks to all the young men and women who served for "the duration". There was no coming home after a year like our troops are able to do now. Once they were in, they were in until they died or the war ended.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 06-06-2004, 03:43 PM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
Quote:
Originally posted by PantyFanatic
On behalf of myself, my children and my grandchildren, I acknowledge and thank the people from the “Greatest Generation” for their costly gift of all I have had in this life. I am grateful to my now passed uncle who was with the 4th Infantry Division at Utah Beach, the uncle who died at Omaha Beach with the 29th Infantry Division and the other 130,000 troops that changed my life that day.

My Great-Uncle served with the 29th ID at Omaha also. My sentiments and thanks to them both and to all the others. They were truly part of the Greatest Generation.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Just me.

My late father-in-law was part of a fighter support group and came ashore after an airfield had been secured and the fighter aircraft transferred to the front. But I echo all the above and say to all our fathers and brothers ...

God bless all the men in uniforms ... from all our countries ... who've fought on D-Day and in many other places so that we could all enjoy our freedom.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to campingboy
Today I went for a walk along a river. It was lined with cottonwood trees. Periodically there would be a garden full of flowers. During this walk I thought of the men and woman that went to battle, not to be heroes, but to help a greater society. I can not imagine the fear and terror that these kids felt. Those that lived would carry guilt and horror for their rest of there lives. Each person that died robbed us of a loved one, a neighbour, a future Doctor, a father. To all those that served I’m truly grateful. To those that did not come home and walk along the rivers or hold loved ones in there arms, I am so sorry and very thankful.

Let us not forget.

“Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.”
Barbara Bush

"You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither!"
Drew Carey
Old 06-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Huggable!

^^ Very well put campingboy ^^ Thank you!!

I called my Dad on Sunday and asked him where he was 60 years ago. Now my Dad has trouble remembering what he ate for lunch yesterday (lol) but 60 years ago is etched permanately in his mind. He told me about the camps they set up, each was named for a cigarette brand. Dad was in camp Lucky Strike. He told me about the other 'boys' in his camp, and they were just boys. Most of them 18 to 20 years old. He told me of some who didn't make it home. And he remembers being told that the 'water was red with blood' from the first troops. I asked, how did you feel, what did you think at that moment? Dad repled that actually they were to busy to think of a whole lot but of course he was scared. Then he added that at the time he hoped it wouldn't be in the news too much cause his mother would be worried sick. (Gram only had 2 sons & both were in Europe. Only my Dad was part of the DDay landing.)

Thank you to all our service people!!!