Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2001, 08:38 AM

To Love someone and to be in love with someone..differnces please..

When a woman says she loves you, but is not in love with you this means what? Or if the man says I love you un-fornutely means what?
Old 08-20-2001, 08:48 AM
Studley Do U Right

Cool well as I se it there are 4 levels of love

1. General love for your fellow humans. You will try to help someone out thats in trouble.

2. Love for a friend. You will loan this person help and items of value, and will go out of your way to help them.

3. Love for a family member. You will do most anything for this person as you feel a close bond to them.

4. A Spouse/partner level of love. You love this person more than anything and you will do anything within reason to stay with them. Hell you'd give your life for them.

Hopefully this helps.

ClassyDJ
Old 08-20-2001, 10:20 AM

To love someone, or be in love with someone...

Well to answer you, no you really didn't answer the question. Your girl-friend says to you I love, but am not in love with you....You would intrepet that as how? Or she says I love you un- fornutely! Your reation would be what?
And do we sometimes say in relations, because it's what we know, and change is scary? So why go to something new, and scary.when we can stay here with what we know..
Old 08-21-2001, 02:51 PM
Bard at large

Cockalot.
To love some one is to have a very strong emotional attachment to them. You "Love" them. You are their friend and family. You do things with them because you like to. You enjoy their happiness.

To be "In Love" with someone is another level of emotional commitment. They are a major part of your life. They are the one you want to be with. They are the one you can trust with your life and they are the one you will do anything you can for. They are the one who "Gets your engine running".

The statement
"I Love you but I'm not in love with you" is used when the person you are with loves you as a friend but does not love you as their significant other. This is the normally said when one person in a serious relationship realizes that the person they are with is a very good friend but not the person they should be with.

As to a man saying "I love you un-fornutely", that normally means they have a love bond to you but realize there are differences they cannot deal with. This is the reverse of "I love you but I'm not in love with you". It is more of "I'm in love with you but I don't love you". It normally means they wouldn't want you as their friend but do wish you as a lover. this is encountered when two people have grown far enough appart in their personal growth that they would not be friends except that they have been and are in love.

Does that help?
Old 08-21-2001, 07:22 PM

Cool

John_L has put it a lot better than I.

Read carefully, he's right.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:32 PM
Studley Do U Right

Cool Thanks for explaining what i tried to say....

and expanding my thought john l

ClassyDJ
Old 09-02-2001, 12:39 AM
scarlot

to be in love with someone gives that special feeling in your stomach when you think of them, even after having a fight. its seeing them at their worst time and still wanting to help them through it and be with them, and being in love is also when you think of that person as being old and still thinking of how happy you'd be with them in the distant future
Old 04-21-2002, 11:31 AM
Pixies Devilish Soul

Send a message via Yahoo to souls_cry2000
Loving someone and being in love with them means wanting to enjoy life because they are in it, wanting to be there to help when they need it and sticking by them sometimes when they'd rather sit alone and lad sorrow swallow them whole, wanting to enjoy the blossoming partnership that only grows with time and understanding of each other and sometimes it means not giving up on them when all looks lost.
no mortal ever dreamed before.
Old 04-21-2002, 11:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
For me loving someone is on a different level than being in love.

Friendship is a type of love and I often say to my friends that I love them.

I only say I am in love with you to one very special person that I hope to spend the rest of my life with.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:04 PM
is addicted to her tits

Send a message via ICQ to raraa
well as classydj and grumbleguts said she probably meant that she loves like int level 2 or something but not love from level 4
Old 04-22-2002, 09:14 PM

Well the same thing happened to me my friend and I later found out what she meant by it. For me it meant that she did not love me enough to be commited to me anymore, she cheated on me a month later and we broke up... even after she said she still wanted to remain friends because that is the way she now loved me. So speaking from experience, she is just too afraid to make a clean break.