Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Let's have a shave party!

Cool Your Favorite Website...

Post your favorite website, other than Pixies. This is a site that you visit and USE every day.

RULES

No affiliate links. No link that you or someone else will gain from being visiting. No stores. No auctions.
List USEFUL resources that you want others to know about.
If this thread gets full of junk, I'm sure the moderators will delete it. So, keep it cool, and let's share some information.

Just list one per response, and tell why you like it. You can always post another favorite later.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:39 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
I don't know about USEFUL... but I visit both
Homestar Runner and ilovebacon every day. They're useful for providing amusement, though.

Edit: oops... I posted more than one...
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 04-22-2004, 04:39 PM

Talking

www.google.com

Google is my current favorite search engine, mainly because it doesn't seem as cluttered as the others. It also seems to be the most accurate.

Also, it's how I found Pixies last year.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:42 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

<---uses google all of the time.

One of the sites I use the most, for work and otherwise, is www.anywho.com. You can look up in the white or yellow pages, as well as doing a reverse lookup.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 04-22-2004, 04:51 PM

That AnyWho looks pretty cool, IAKG. I've finally found myself!
Old 04-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Loungin' Around

www.fitday.com

It is a site where you can monitor your calories, exercise, and report whether you're reaching all of your RDA values on nutrients. Also can track your weight. It's password-protected and anonymous.

Nikki, you might also find it useful -- this is part of how I lost 50 pounds (and I am back on it since I've gained 10 back).

The site is FREE for all those interested.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 04-22-2004, 04:57 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

kinx, I hope that's a good thing.

One of the best things I like about anywho is the ability to search businesses by category. So, if you're in a different city and want to find all the Thai restaurants around, it can find them for you.

Another website I frequent is www.crimelibrary.com. That should scare 'ya.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 04-22-2004, 05:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
damn now I am spending the day looking up old lovers on anywho

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I do a weekly coolsavings.com check to get coupons for grocery shopping.

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Mr Lixy loves woodworking (waits for all the insinuating laughter to subside ) and visits many carpentry sites. His fave is WoodworkersWorkshop.com because they have lots of free advice, ideas, patterns, etc.!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-22-2004, 06:06 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
Quote:
Originally posted by osuche
www.fitday.com

It is a site where you can monitor your calories, exercise, and report whether you're reaching all of your RDA values on nutrients. Also can track your weight. It's password-protected and anonymous.

Nikki, you might also find it useful -- this is part of how I lost 50 pounds (and I am back on it since I've gained 10 back).

The site is FREE for all those interested.

TY so much!!!!!!!! u rock!!!!

~nikki
Old 04-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I went looking for a way to serve up yummy dishes for Grumble's visit (he's on a no salt diet and is a diabetic) and I found a site where I read all the info and compared it to Ian's allowables and I think I've struck on a way for him to have chocolate! I read all the info I could gather from this site and then I ordered a sample package of several bars. I figure it will have nutrition info on the label and I can show Ian the site when he gets here...but from all I read there, this could be the answer for some folks who cannot allow themselves the sweet bliss of the candy of the devil! The site is lowcarbchocolates.com/diabetes.php and if Grumble reads all that I have discovered and still can't have the treat...well, hubby has some new chocolates to sample! Hey! Can't hurt to try!

BTW...There are many sites out there for diabetic menus. I found some yummy things!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-22-2004, 07:12 PM

NoNags

One of my favorite freeware sites with no spyware, adware, etc. All of the programs are free with no nagging registration reminders, thus, the name NoNags.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Loungin' Around

Glad you like it, Nikki. I'm always here for support -- been there, and doing that!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 04-22-2004, 11:06 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I usually check out www.weather.com every morning to get the right wardrobe picked out. For more intense weather, though, I'll check out www.noaa.gov or www.intellicast.com. In the winter, when the roads are iffy, I'll go to http://www.iowaroadconditions.org. It is AWESOME and never fails to steer me in the right direction.