Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 08:56 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
ALTs

Been spending a lot of time perusing other boards and seeing what is happening in the world of internet forums. One thing I have discovered is that ALTs, people who use alternative nicks to agree with themselves/argue/shit stir/cause trouble, are something that errodes the trust and general pleasant atmosphere of a board.

I've seen members use alternative nicks in a positive light too, like using one just for a character in a role playing story.

Over all I think it just indicates a person with no balls. Any thoughts?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Mama Mia!

A person with no balls as well as a person with too much time!

It's a BOY!!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I hate this idea!

No you don't!

Yes I do!

I don't think you are thinking like yourself!

Who am I thinking like then?

*lol..sorry...I am really tired...can you tell?*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 07-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
I have other nicks....I drop them in every now and then for fun...i certainly do not use them for malicious purposes nor to argue or back myself up in a debate *LOL* What a complete waste...if ya cant stand by what ya saying with just one nick, then what ya saying is crap and ya need to take a long hard look at yourself!!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:38 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Amen Sister Friend/ Polar Bear lover

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-15-2005, 10:27 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
ALTS? It took me long enough to come up with this stupid name!!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:45 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

We love your name ((TinTennessee))

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Learning to talk sexy

tried it once, mainly to write in a different style than my usual, but .... tooooooo dang much effort in the process .... glad I let it go!
Old 07-16-2005, 01:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to lazaruslong Send a message via Yahoo to lazaruslong
I used a ALT ages ago on AOHell. I dropped it when a gal in ohio attempted suicide because I wouldnt return her feelings for me.

(my alt was female. One of my closet skeletons)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide in broadside , thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- What a Ride!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:54 AM
Awesome on my Own

i am lizzardbits or Lizz all over. it is my screen name just about everywhere. I did it just because it was easier to remember, it is just those tricky passwords i have to remember, lol

plus, my nick is a real life nick, based on my middle name Lizbet (My parents were hippies, lmao) so who i am on-line is pretty close to me in real life. in fact, my real name and being called Lizz are interchangeable, i answer to both. The only part about me that is a bit different I.R.L. is that i am rather shy about my body, and with pics here, I am the one that chooses the best angles and such. Other wise as Pop-eye the Sailorman would say "I yam what I yam."

plus i would think that having an ALT would be too hard to maintain. I am not much for lying because you have to keep lying to keep up the first lie.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:52 AM
~a little bit naughty~

I have used an ALT on another board mainly just for the fun of it and because I was being trolled and didn't like it. Mostly though if I want a change, I get a new ID's and stick to being one person at a time on a forum.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 07-16-2005, 08:32 AM

I think that is what a lot of the people on the financial message boards do - create several IDs to post on the same stocks. Except I think they do it to troll or hype a stock.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:02 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Right. I surely can understand wanting a change or role playing for creative reasons but I just don't get these peeps I see who use several nicks to post to eachother just to keep arguments or bad feelings alive. If someone ignores their rude, condescending, unpolite, behavior the first time they often try to stir the shit by posting under another nick. And I love it when they do it to back up their own views in a debate.

Fucking pansy asses. It's not something I'd expect from an adult. Not one with any strength in character.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Made in England

I signed up with BIBI and then decided I wanted a new name, so I created a new account, but I don't post with it.

I have had thought that a certain member posts under two nics but I guess it will remain one of life's little mysteries lol
Old 07-16-2005, 09:35 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I started with a dif nick as well and since it was never given Mod status I use it to check changes I make to the boards. Some poeple have seen me post gobbledy stuff under it checking out changes I've made.

But I certainly wouldn't use it for the sole purpose of causing dischord. People like that repulse me. Selfish, attention whores, like to hear them selves talk.

~>My Scribbles<~