Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2003, 06:36 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Shopping trolley wheels....ya gotta struggle to keep the damn things going where you want them

People who decide to have an in depth conversation smack dab in the middle of the freaking aisle

Not enough cashiers open for the amount of customers

People who are too freaking lazy to put the shopping trolleys in the holders in the car parks....nooooooo...they leave the damn things all over the place...so when ya want to park...ya gotta get out and move the damn trolley first!

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
LMAO @ Sharni yeeah the damn things are everywhere!! LOL
Old 12-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Wanting More

Those new Self Checkout lanes (which I encountered at Wal-Mart) that are supposedly to help make transactions go faster and eliminate the need for cashier interaction at all...

Too bad I found out that if you pay by credit card, they have to have a cashier come over to verify the signature on the back. Also, the guy ahead of me couldn't get things to scan so when he actually did get it to work, it was scanning things twice and things couldn't be deleted!

Old 12-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally posted by celticangel
I hate the way some shop assistants throw tyour change and receipts at you~~~~~grrrrrrrrrrrr

I abhor this behavoir too! I can get out of the way faster if they'd just train all checkers the same way.........

gimme the change first....so I can put it in the change part of my wallet...then gimme the bills......then gimme my receipt! I'll do it all "bing, bang, boom" if I get it this way.......

but I usually get the two hands coming at me with the receipt in one and the bills and change in the other and they pile it all on my hand and expect me to pack it all up and go in an instant!

I'M NOT GOING OUT OF THAT STORE TILL I HAVE ALL MY CHANGE AND MY RECEIPT WHERE I KNOW WHERE IT IS AND CAN ACCOUNT FOR IT WHEN I GET HOME........damn it to f'in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooooo........for anyone in retail.......it'll take less time to get rid of us (the consumer) if you hand us things one at a time (ie: change first.....then the bills.....then the reciept)......and let us get it all arranged initially.........instead of smacking it all into our hands and expecting us to go go go go go go go!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:04 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

One of my favorites is the little old lady that stands there watching the cashier scan each item, total it up, tell her how much is needed and then like it wasn’t expected to require payment, they start jostling their purse to find the clasp, open it and start eini-meni-mini-moing which compartment the little change purse might be hiding. Taking it out they peek into each side of the snap compartments to see if their cash is all hiding in one place or if some had snuck over to the neighboring pocket. After the rubber band is removed from the rolled up bills, each one is peeled off and flattened out on the top of the checkout. I’m thinking about starting to eat everything I can once I get in line, for as long as it takes to get to the actual check out. (Wonder if they would notice the smoke from the bar-bi?)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Keeping warm

i can't stand this (happend last night in fact) i was in line with just a few things, nobody hardly in the store and this woman kept bringing all kinds of crap up to buy and then leaving to go get more while it was rang up. i felt like saying for goodness sake do you shopping before you get in line!!! and to burn my buttons she said as she left, " it wasn't like anyone else was in line" and with a giggle walked out...................grrrrr
Old 12-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Suprise Me

I am with Lil on this one.... even if the cashier doesn't enjoy his/her job, at least fake it!

What I do when I run across a "grouch" like that is I talk to them. I tease them, tell them they look a little tired, or say they look like they should take a break.. stuff like that. Most of the time, that kinda brightens their day and they are in a little bit of a better mood. I understand that it is their job to be cheerful and such, but sometimes I feel sorry for them - expecially after they just dealt with a customer that was totally obnoxious to them for no reason. If I can make them smile, then hopefully the next person they serve will reap the rewards....

Old 12-20-2003, 12:28 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Would you believe I joke with the person checking me out?

With old shit like “Are you going to be checking me out?” ....... “Good!” “I’ve been checking you out while I was waiting in line too.” That usually is enough to get a smile and then I can talk to them. If I happen to have a bitch, I’ll tell them to “Please pass this up to your boss from a customer......” I’m so naive, I actually think it has a chance of getting told. I know the poor person I’m talking to is the one that catches all the shit for the way things are run by others and I try let them know it.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-20-2003, 07:44 AM

sadly - I'll go with customers - now granted - retailers need them for survival but I'm talking about the ones who come in while you're helping 2 others AND on the phone and just start in on you - where's this - get me that and you have to look at them like they are nuts...

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present
Old 12-20-2003, 09:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Wink

PF---When they ask the obligatory question-"How are you today?"
I simply awnser-"My wife says,Better then nothing."That usually
shuts them up,but embarrasses the Hell,out of my wife! Irish
Old 12-20-2003, 09:38 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I am with Teddy Bear on this one.... can't tolerate the shoppers that stop dead center of the isle and enter oblivion without any idea that people are trying to get around them.... HELLLLLOOOO.... get the *uck out of the way...
Old 12-21-2003, 12:07 AM

Every trip to the store is a nightmare for me. Today in fact I had the problem with carts everywhere outside. I had to push them all back in that coral thing their supposed to be in just so I could fit mine in there. And when I was inside I had this one lady who stopped in the isle, granted she was off to one side but there was a display blocking the other side. A huge isle, and she stops right there? She makes a big deal out of it when she has to move her cart. And then she ends up being behind me in the checkout line. The problem with that is I was at the front of my cart unloading my groceries, and she pushes right up to my cart. Well I'm so pregnant now I have to back my cart out a little to get back around it and can't because she's blocking me again! Not to mention there was no reason to be that close to my cart because my kid was in it. Like that extra inch matters, it's like being tail gated! Ok I'll stop now, I could go on about this crap all day.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Banned

I said "excuse me" far too often today. It's always like that here. I've never had that problem anywhere else but in t.o. I wonder if it's because we're so multicultural? People are used to stalls, bazaars, etc.

Shag, get out of the way, I say!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I hear ya Steph! I even say excuse me when they bump into me! It's a reaction...and I fully expect an "I'm sorry" or an "Oh no....it was my fault".....but NEVER EVER get one.....and I say to hubby....out loud....."Damn it to hell...I'm NEVER saying excuse me to rude ass people again"........and yet, I still do! WTF is wrong with me? Better yet....WTF is wrong with them? My mother taught me manners....and the proper way to respect others in a public venue! Did she come from another planet where these things are taught....and people here just never get it.....or what? Where are all the other people like me? I've never had one single person who bumped into me or blocked me or whatever....say excuse me! Hubby just rolls his eyes and mumbles..."Oh shit...here she goes"...when I go off like this in the store.....but it urks me to say excuse me when I haven't even done anything to be excused for! I feel that I am a very considerate shopper.....and I can't find one single other considerate shopper in my area!

*jumps off the soap box and takes a chill pill to calm me down*

LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Another thing I hate is, when you're standing in a queue (line!!) which "splits" at the counter..... like in a bank or post office. (Well, like WE have here, anyway!)

There's ALWAYS SOMEONE who thinks the concept of queueing doesn't apply to THEM, and just barge their way to the front. Like, I couldn't have done that????? Come ON!

I had a woman do that to me just the other day...... I said to her "Do you know what a queue is?" She says "Yes, why?", all innocent-like!

I said "cos THIS IS ONE, and YOU'RE at the end of it!!"

Don't think she was very happy with me, but I got a round of applause from some of the other folks in the queue!! NEVER have I been so embarrassed! (It DID feel good though, After!)

DM
I only own my mind