User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2003, 06:25 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Pupil's expulsion appeal denied

Bob Bauder, Times Staff

BEAVER - A Beaver County judge has dismissed an appeal filed by the mother of a 13-year-old South Side Area School District pupil who was expelled earlier this year after admitting to having oral sex with another pupil on a school bus.

The mother appealed the June 12 expulsion to county court. She alleged the district violated her daughter's constitutional rights and was not clear in its written policies that oral sex on a bus was unacceptable behavior.

Judge George E. James disagreed, ruling that the expulsion was legal and was supported by substantial evidence. James upheld the disciplinary action and denied the appeal.

School administrators suspended the girl and a seventh-grade male classmate, also 13, for 10 days on May 19 after several other pupils reported that the pair had oral sex that day on a bus while returning from a field trip to Independence Marsh in Independence Township.

The Times is not identifying the children or their parents because of the nature of the case.

Both children admitted to middle school Principal Thomas Ralston that they had consensual oral sex on the bus in front of other pupils.

During an expulsion hearing June 2 before the school board, the girl said her behavior was the result of peer pressure.

According to a transcript of the proceedings, the girl said that before leaving the marsh, she and another girl had discussed performing oral sex on the boy, and the other girl said they should do it.

"She said because she thought it would be cool and she thought all of her friends would look up to us," the girl told the board.

On the bus, the second girl tried to get a second boy to let her fondle him, the expelled girl said.

Meanwhile, the girl who was expelled was sitting next to the first boy. She said several other boys sitting around them began egging them on, one calling them chicken and other names, and another saying he wanted to see some action.

"Then I looked at (the boy) and said, 'Well, what are we supposed to do?' and he said we were going to lose our friends if we didn't," the girl said.

Neither the bus driver nor two chaperones noticed what was going on. Administrators learned of the incident after several pupils told a guidance counselor, who reported it to Ralston.

When confronted by Ralston, the girl and boy were remorseful and ashamed about what happened. Prior to the incident, neither child had been disciplined at school.

Both were expelled until Oct. 29. They were offered admission to the school district's alternative-education program and can be reinstated to mainstream classes as long as they comply with the conditions of their expulsion.

They also have to be examined by the school's student assistance team to determine whether they should be referred to the county's mental health agency for counseling. If they are referred, they must complete the counseling. They also are banned from all school functions during the expulsion.

Phone calls placed Tuesday from The Times to the parents of both children; Kurt Winter, the attorney for the girl's mother; and Diane Z. Buchanan, an attorney for the school board, were not returned.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-26-2003, 08:28 AM
is not this trim anymore!

How in the world do you have a "happy ending" when you're getting fellated in the back of a school bus full of onlookers? Talk about performance anxiety!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Just me.

Now the real question is whether it was the oral sex or the fact that they did it on the bus that was the problem.

And, it begs the question as to whether the judge offered alternative sites that would have been more acceptable? Or could they have done that someplace else and simply showed pictures?

I think the judge needed to offer some practical suggestions here. Like, the boy should have gone first since it was Beaver County.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to CoolKev Send a message via AIM to CoolKev Send a message via Yahoo to CoolKev
This was the school I went to, I swear to god lol Never had this happen though hehehe
Old 09-30-2003, 09:11 AM

Gentlefolk,

I was under the impression that expulsion was permanent, and that suspension was temporary.

It would seem from above that that no longer is true.

Does anyone know when the definitions changed?
Old 09-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Bouncy Bunny

Referred to the mental heath center for counseling? That is just wrong..

My Stories:One Hot July Allison's Seduction Olivia's Journey
Old 09-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Good Heavens... how very sad.... both of them are most likely going to end up with hangups over all of the hoopla...

Okay.. not to say that 13 year olds should be practicing sex (oral or otherwise)... but blowing it (sorry for the pun) out of proportion like that is not going to do anything but place labels on them...

very sad..
Old 10-04-2003, 04:50 AM
Just me.

You're right, jenna. It is sad for the two kids.

I think jseal was right ... expulsion used to mean permanent while suspension meant temporary. If that were still true and the kids were expelled, that would be too severe.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Turning the other cheek!

with all that rowdy 'eggin on' and peer pressure, exactly what were the chaperones doing at the time? just curious...

Old 10-15-2003, 06:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to CoolKev Send a message via AIM to CoolKev Send a message via Yahoo to CoolKev
I live in this school district, as I have said. The really messed up part is when this first happened, the girl's mother went on TV and said "You know, someone ought to be teaching these kids that this isn't the way to behave" That is a direct quote.... I was shocked to say the least.... Ummm excuse me, as the girl's mother, isn't it YOUR JOB to teach your kid how to behave?
Old 10-15-2003, 07:59 PM

CoolKev,

Alas, I find it too easy to believe that is exactly what happened.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to Navarre Send a message via Yahoo to Navarre
Quote:
Originally posted by CoolKev
This was the school I went to, I swear to god lol Never had this happen though hehehe

The school I went to wasn't all that far away.
Never happened to me either.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:39 AM

i think the school should not accept this type of behavour as too light a penalty for this inappropiate behavour would send a message that promotes lewd behavour. sex should be only condoned when it is between consenting adults. schools should reflect no tolerance for this type of behavour.

when i was at school there was alot of sex, blowjobs in the lab prep room, a gang bang after school and group oral on a girl in the back of the bus etc. but being caught was instant expulsion no question about it. schools must have standards and breaches must be delt with sternly.

naughtyeddie