Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2006, 07:18 PM
~getting by~

do NOT try the baked cheetos. They are just as addictive as the regular ones. *sigh*
Old 05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I made rice tonight with cilantro, salt, and lime. It was delish and no added fat. Just passing along a tip

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Loungin' Around

Sounds good...we ate out at a BBQ and it was all I could do to stay away from the chips and cake...but I did have both a hotdog and hamburger. I fogured these were at least filling choices, and not entirely empty calories.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-06-2006, 02:38 AM
Serious Member

This may sound a little weird but - try eating only with chopsticks.

The problem for many of us in the West is that it is just too easy to shovel the calories down.

So never eat food that you pick up with your hands - think about these types of food - they are usually bursting with calories and junk. Oysters are my exception that proves this rule.

If you try the chopsticks you will see that you eat better food and smaller amounts in each mouthfull. This will help you digest properly and get rid of that bloated feeling.

Give it a go before you call the asylum.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:44 PM
~getting by~

I'm checking in from the tail-end of the weekend. I don't know what got into me this weekend, but on Saturday I could not stop eating. I tried to justify eating half a jar of peanut butter by slathering it on apples. Alas, it tasted most delightful but was not what I needed to be eating.

I'm feeling better about eating today and have done a lot better. I made kabobs for dinner and barely could finish one. I have the remainder of the cooked kabobs in a dish for dinners this week - quick, easy, healthy! I also stocked up on some fruits (strawberries are looking good again after a month or so of looking like crap!).

I've stayed relatively stable in my weight for about three weeks now, but I'm ready to move onward and downward again. I've not been exercising regularly - I need to get back on the treadmill again, starting tomorrow! I dug up two pines yesterday and pulled out a bunch of other crap that was growing outside - my legs ache! I'm also getting my bike later this week. It's been sitting in the basement of my parent's house for years, but it's being delivered to me this week and I look forward to getting my fat butt back on it.

My birthday is about 11 weeks away, and I have a goal in mind... it involves 29 lbs moving elsewhere and no longer having to shop in the "plus sized" section of the store. Oh how I long for sizes that exclude X and W.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Loungin' Around

Been doing horrible this week -- too much stress, not enough time at the gym, and it's getting close to my monthly d-day -- which means I am constantly hungry. I have been failing, and checking in at an average 2150 calories a day.

My one saving grace is that the weather is getting noce and Mr Osuche and I have been taking 30-90 minute walks every night.

Life will be *much* better this time next week, when I get a week off in between classes.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Learning to talk sexy

I've been struggling a bit over the last couple of weeks ... not been horrible, but not been particularly good either ... I don't think I've really lost any ground, but I haven't really made much progress either .... part of the problem is that when I get home from work I'm feeling hungry and yet it's not really time yet that I want to fix dinner for a couple of hours ... I've always been a later in the evening eater when it comes to dinner ... I'm not looking to change that either, because when I've done that in the past it's created more problems for me then it solved ... anyway, I get home and then eat the snack packs .... too many of them ... so beginning tonight, I'm making up a very large pot of veggie soup ... mainly cans of various items, ... mushrooms (of course), artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes w/ onions, chicken broth, 1 can of hearty chicken veggie soup and then a bunch of various frozen veggies (calif. blend and french cut green beans this time) ... that way when I come home at night I can throw some of the soup in the microwave and have it with maybe 1 of the snack packs (or not) and I'll be satisfied without eating a lot of stuff I should be limiting ... also it will get a bit more veggies into my routine .. something I always need to do! ...

I'll keep you up to date on how it is working for me .... I'm ready to get really serious about this again and make more progress again.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:08 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Great solution^^^

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-08-2006, 09:36 PM
~getting by~

I've found myself to be a quantity eater lately (whole box of 100 calorie packs yesterday - first time I EVER did that!), and as such am going to pick up the 94% fat free packs of microwave popcorn. That's a lot more quantity for a lot less calories.

Excellent solution fzzy - if only I liked soup
Old 05-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Did I mention, I put lots of black pepper in my soup .. I love black pepper ... maddy ... I can take or leave soup for the most part, and veggies are never going to be my favorite thing on any menu, but I made the soup with the veggies I like best and just that little bit of chicken from the one can of chicken veggie soup ... it was quite tasty actually ... I didn't make a HUGE pot this time, wanted to kind of get the blend down first ... but there's probably enough for the rest of the work week ... then on Saturday I'll make about twice as much as I did tonight and freeze in single serving containers ... that should work nicely ... and it gets me eating a couple more servings worth of veggies ... which I really do need to be doing ... if it also gets me through this period of snacking too much on the high carb snacks, then it will be a wonderful solution .... Like all of the other stuff ... the changes seem to work best for me when I incorporate one or two at a time and then let them kind of become part of the routine ... so this is a new change ... have to keep moving forward!

All the same, I'm ending my day pretty much within my calorie range, so it's a successful day as far as that goes!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I some times puree a can of white beans in the food processor or blender to thicken soups. You may like that.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 05-09-2006, 07:22 PM
~getting by~

I finally got back on the treadmill. I only did about 25 minutes before American Idol came on... I know I need to get my priorities straight I walked like a madwoman though for those 25 minutes.

I was home today, and I have sunk back into boredom eating while at home. I got all my fruits and veggies in today, which has been challenging as of late. I also drank all my water, which has been presenting a challenge to me as well.

My bike will be delivered tomorrow - I have absolutely no excuses not to exercise - treadmill, bike, beautiful weather...

I have got to seriously lose some weight for my health and I am the only one that is standing in my way.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Learning to talk sexy

good idea Lil .. thanks, may wait awhile to try it ... beans/legumes are high carb as well as protein ... and my carbs have been so out of control lately that I'm going to work at getting that under control for the moment.

When I got home this evening, I heated up some of the soup in the microwave, put in a little bit more black pepper (just in case i didn't get enough in it last night LOL) and enjoyed it emensely (sp?) and I've only had one of the snack packs ... I'll be fixing my dinner in about 30 minutes or so, so I think it has worked (at least today) ... I also got back to my regular "exercise" routine tonight (after about 2 weeks of being a slug) .... it feels good to have accomplished something again!

Yay maddy, so glad to hear you are doing well!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Serious Member

Exercise is essential as it helps to keep your metabolism ticking over. Minimum twenty minutes a day getting that heart pumping and that sweat running. Sorry I know that ladies glow rather than sweat.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Learning to talk sexy

ending the day in my calorie range ... that makes me very happy today!