Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2004, 04:07 AM
I make sexytime with you

Geeks

Perhaps an Internet bulletin board is not the best place to ask, but...

I'm wondering about geeks and attraction...for either sex, but I don't think it would be offensive to say that geeks are predominately male. Does finding out that the person you were interested in is a geek kill the attraction? Does it prevent even the initial attraction? Does it enhance it?

Also, I'd be interested in the other side of these experiences, that of the geeks. I will declare my interest in this upfront for those who don't know, I probably fit many people's definition of "geek". Anyway, I'll leave you to it.
I want to do something that matters
Old 02-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Belial - in your last sentence, you hit the nail on the head: 'people's definition of "geek"'.

Everyone has a different definition of 'geek'. Personally, I've always liked people who have a keen interest in something (no matter what that might be). I like guys who get passionate about the things they do, and that usually makes them a geek on some levels.

I also find that people who were labelled a ''geek'' at school are good to be around, as they often seem to have a more balanced view of the world. They realise that there is more to life than popularity, clothes, image etc, because most have had to deal with being an outsider/ bullying in some way or other. They realise that the person counts not the packaging the person comes in.

I suppose I was considered a bit of a geek at school, but I don't think anyone I know now would class me as that. They'd class me as an outspoken, filthy minded, nutcase. The thing is, if I didn't have lots of interests etc I would not have anything to talk to anyone about, and that would make me an unpopular boring person and I would be a geek by most people's standards now.

Not sure if that will make sense to you or anyone else, but hopefully it might!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-25-2004, 06:23 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I am most attracted to someone's mind. A cute ass will catch my eye but woo me with your intellect. The only drawback to being attracted to geeks or nerds is that everyonce in a while you will become attracted to someone who has had such a negative experience with being smart and having unusual interests, that their self confidence is almost non-existence. I am not attracted to men with no confidence.

<~~~ is living proof that it is possible to be a geek and be popular. Times are changing and this is becoming a digital world. Brains not brawn, are necessary to be successful in today's environment. I consider it just another aspect of evolution
Attached Images
File Type: jpg janlil2004 058.jpg (117.0 KB, 540 views)

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-25-2004, 06:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Hawka
Hey, theres nothing wrong with being a dork, hell dork charm can even help in some situations.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loulabelle
...They'd class me as an outspoken, filthy minded, nutcase.

Loulabelle,

You say that as if it was a bad thing!
Old 02-25-2004, 08:22 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

A bad thing?! Never.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
*Flies his Geek Flag*
Old 02-25-2004, 11:56 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Geek flags~ Freak flags

If ya got 'em
Fly 'em

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Opera-Pixie

I'ved loved geeks as long as I can remember. Give me a man with an IQ and feelings over a hard body any day.

My last b/f was a geek and the epitome of it....so much so he indirectly got me started playing dungeons and dragons. Geeks are aweseome: smart, ususally sensitive, most I know are highly knowledgeable on interesting subjects and the best part...some of em even have some hidden kink

Now, if you'll excuse, I have to put on my +1 shirt, roll to see if I'm drunk and draw up a half/elf cleric for my epic level campaign!

HUZZAH!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Pretty Damn Amazing!

Send a message via MSN to PashkinThePanther Send a message via Yahoo to PashkinThePanther
Quote:
Originally posted by kitkate
I'ved loved geeks as long as I can remember. Give me a man with an IQ and feelings over a hard body any day.

My last b/f was a geek and the epitome of it....so much so he indirectly got me started playing dungeons and dragons. Geeks are aweseome: smart, ususally sensitive, most I know are highly knowledgeable on interesting subjects and the best part...some of em even have some hidden kink

Now, if you'll excuse, I have to put on my +1 shirt, roll to see if I'm drunk and draw up a half/elf cleric for my epic level campaign!

HUZZAH!

LOL! Take meeeee.....!!!! IQ of something over 130 I think...

Astronomer, meteorologist , oh and football fan (Go Carolina!)

MY LIVEJOURNAL

It's Me & Myself in graphic detail!

Pixies' Eminent Astronomer & Meteorologist at Hull & East Riding Astronomy Society
Old 02-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Opera-Pixie

heh...if only you were closer AnimalNOT You're wonderfully perfect cute, charming and smart.

Man, I love geeks
Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Crichton
Why are geeks attractive? A tribe with intelligence, sensitivity, creativity, imagination. What could be better??

There is nothing hotter than a geek woman.

The Student Teacher

The story of one woman, 5 guys and a ride to remember.

Shuttle Bus

A little office interlude.

Office Sex
Old 02-26-2004, 01:34 AM
Loungin' Around

<~~~ Is a geek at heart, but tries not to look like one

I am with Lil....I like a man who has a stunning intellect, but he also needs to have some self-confidence about him. People with interests and passions are simply more fun to be around. Plus, you have to have *something* to talk about after sex

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Pretty Damn Amazing!

Send a message via MSN to PashkinThePanther Send a message via Yahoo to PashkinThePanther
Quote:
Originally posted by kitkate
heh...if only you were closer AnimalNOT You're wonderfully perfect cute, charming and smart.

Man, I love geeks

*blush*

MY LIVEJOURNAL

It's Me & Myself in graphic detail!

Pixies' Eminent Astronomer & Meteorologist at Hull & East Riding Astronomy Society
Old 02-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Grumble's favorite curves

Does knowing about quantum physics and being able to program in Linux (oh and having a complete set of 1st addition AD&D books) qualify me for female geekdom?

Geeks are awesome! And a lot of them do have self-confidence once you get to know them. They/we are just tired of being laughed at by the popular kids! LOL Try getting a geek started talking on a subject they love and see how much self-confidence they have.

Intelligence is very important to me. Being able to have a conversation on topics other than what the latest celebrity is wearing is part of what makes life fun!

Anybody seen my copy of this months Popular Science?

A smile can make your whole day.

"I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows, I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my cloths..." ~Pepper.