Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 01:04 AM

ideas for proposing?

me and my firlfirend are going to florida in a cpl months. we have been together for 2 years. i love her more than anything and i am going to propose. i know most of the responses will be on the beach but i want more and details about the beach too. thanks.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:23 AM

soldierfc,

I’m unsure that this is what you are asking for, but if your proposal will be on an Atlantic beach, then you could try staging it like this…

Have dinner at a beach restaurant
Go for a walk afterwards, placing yourself between her and the sea
The light will be coming over her shoulders
Your face will be illuminated against the surf in the background
Look her in the eyes, and as you offer her the little black box
Say “I want to marry you. Will you wear my ring?”
Old 05-21-2006, 06:56 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Write it in the sand...

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-21-2006, 09:25 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

You didn't say ...............Is this a proposal of marriage?

(is writing in the sand as easy as writing in the snow? )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Melted

I tell everyone I know that if I was to get proposed to, the guy better not have picked out a ring without my having a word in it. Most guys I know have no clue about jewelry. If I have to wear it the rest of my life, I want to like it (though I am sure that I would like it just for what it represents, if I didn't like the mineral/design).

If you need to have a ring when you propose, there are ways of getting her opinion without asking straight out "So what would you like your engagement ring to look like?". I have a friend, who before proposing, arranged an evening with a jeweler "friend" to which he took his girlfriend, at which the "friend" presented all sorts of types of jewelry and settings and lots of information on everything. My friend had made sure the ring he was thinking about getting was in the mix, and his girlfriend (now wife) actually said she really liked that one - never suspecting anything. I thought it was pretty clever

Si à travers nos veines coule encore le sang...
Si dans les jeux d'enfants on entend encore l'accent...
Si nous sentons encore l'espoir de nos grands-parents...
Si dans les voiles du large souffle encore le vent...
Y'a jamais eu de Grand Dérangement.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:53 PM

PixieSprite,

^^^ That's a great idea! ^^^
Old 05-21-2006, 06:46 PM

Do NOT write it in the sand!!

"On the sand you did write 'I will always love you'
Then the sand blew away and your love did too"

. Sandpipers, La Bamba.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieSprite
I tell everyone I know that if I was to get proposed to, the guy better not have picked out a ring without my having a word in it. Most guys I know have no clue about jewelry. If I have to wear it the rest of my life, I want to like it (though I am sure that I would like it just for what it represents, if I didn't like the mineral/design).

When I proposed to my first wife, I had the ring made. It had an emerald (her favorite jewel) as the centerpiece surrounded by diamonds from my grandmother's wedding ring. We had talked about the design in general some time before and it was what she said would be "just wonderful". When I proposed (down on one knee and everything) she found fault in it as she did in many things and complained about this and that. Time goes on, we marry (stupid me). My life is a living hell and I nearly go insane . We divorce after 15 months of misery. Life is much better.

With my second (and current) wife, I went with her and her girlfriend to a jewelry store as they looked at rings for the girlfriend. I listened to what she said she liked and went back later and had it made. When I proposed, I took her to our favorite restaurant and (thanks to some pre-arrangements with our favorite waitress) had the ring suspended from a ribbon on her 'rita glass. I asked her if she would marry me and when she said yes, the entire waitstaff cheered.

Good luck!
-Soundman
Old 05-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Loungin' Around

Mr Osuche couldn't wait for the proposal he had planned (on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial at sunset) and ended up popping the question while sitting on a concrete flower pot in Crystal City.

I loved him, and still do....so it doesn't really matter.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Everybody Stretch!

If you have the money find a skywriter or a banner advertiser to fly over the beach at a time when you'll be there. Dunno how much something like that would cost with the price of fuel these days...but it just popped into my head.

Dunno what part of Fla. you are going to but in the Keys there are many romantic places to propose. How about an underwater hotel? There's one in Key Largo.

Get a band to ask you up on stage at a show. Propose to her with a song. If you can't sing (or would rather not) just pour your heart out over the mic and then kneel and propose.

Or set the room up that you'll be staying in with scavenger hunt notes (look in the closet, now under the bed...etc.) till the last one brings her to the ring.

Have room service deliver the ring along with a bottle of champagne, a rose and some strawberries. Have a strawberry stuffed with the ring and covered with chocolate. Make her take dainty bites till she finds it. Drop to one knee and...you know the rest.

Find a billboard company near your hotel and rent the space for a proposal. Let her "discover" it on her own. She might say something like, "Oh...look honey, someone else with my name is being proposed to". Then it'll dawn on her as she reads down and your name is the signature.

Go to one of those "Pet the Dolphins" places and have a dolphin deliver the ring to her.

Awwwwww...I'm loving that one ^^^^...*giggle*

Oh geezzz...I forgot to say Welcum to Pixies soldierfc! Best wishes and please let us know what you come up with (<---now that could be construed as sexual if I weren't such a lady)...

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-22-2006, 02:32 PM
MSGME!

My girlfriends (now ex-wife ) father used a shotgun.

...but seriously....Sometimes the best laid plans get shot to hell, so my advice would be to try a spontaneous approach. Keep the ring with you at all times(within reason ) and when the "moment" is right,jump into action .

Good luck and welcome to Pixburgh
Old 05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
.....Have room service deliver the ring along with a bottle of champagne, a rose and some strawberries. Have a strawberry stuffed with the ring and covered with chocolate. ......Go to one of those "Pet the Dolphins" places and have a dolphin deliver the ring to her.......

Yeah ..... and buy a gun before you hand a diamond ring to a bellboy and maybe bring a BIG knife incase the baguette cut diamond looks too much like a small fish.

LMAO

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
lots of good ideas here.

just curious here, soldierfc - is she pregnant after all? i know how much you love her and were planning on getting married anyway but i also recall you were concerned about her parents' reaction. not they thier approval or disapproval is the end all/be all of your relationship, but if you think it's something that they would disapprove of, you may want to talk to them together - you and her - so that the beginning of your lives together doesn't have to be the end of her contact with them.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 05-22-2006, 08:36 PM

If the engagement depends on their endorsement, the relationship's already irrevokably damaged.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i didn't say it depends on their approval, but a consult would be appropriate and respectful.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose