Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 12:31 PM

North Korea or Iran

Okay..which one scares you more right now.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:32 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Neither, I fear my own government.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-10-2006, 03:10 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Lil knows the one that is able to negatively effect me and mine the most.

(we do what we can)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Just me.

Luxemborg ... they're being far too quiet for my tastes.

Really, probably Iran. N. Korea is led by idiots ... but I dont' think they're looking to be martyred ... only to get their way. Iran, on the other hand, also seems to be led by idiots, but idiots who just may just be zealot-enough to really do something that'll result in the middle east turning to toast.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:13 PM

Jax,

Between the three, I'd be most wary of North Korea. I can think of no other instances of an urbanized, literate society to suffer mass famine during peacetime. As that is how that government thinks about its citizens, I suspect that the welfare of foreigners is of even less concern to Dear Leader and his coterie.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 PM

dicksbro,

You have obviously missed the subtle and insidious expansionist policies of the Peoples Republic of the Papal State, formerly known as the Vatican. They have bought three houses in the Via del Lasagne (all outside their borders) in the last five years. No-one can accuse the PRPS of not having long-term objectives. Dan's new book, the Ducati Code, discusses this at some length.

On the topic at hand, no, the other hand, North Korea is most likely to cause catastrophy through nuclear accident (Chernobyl or a weapons test gone wrong) rather than terrirorial aggression. They have no-where to go, having borders with China to the north and South Korea only.

Iran would mire the US even deeper in the Middle East, and that's a load of shi'ite she doesn't need.

Our own society is going down the gurgler at it's own pace, so the fight won't be who gets to topple Western Civilisation, but who gets to pick over it's carcass.

Who do I fear most? Us.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 PM

Well, I am concerned about both Iran and N. Korea.

Regarding North Korea. I agree very much with the comments that since they don't care that much for their own people, they will care even less for foreigners. I think North Korea lacks the ability to make 'real trouble', primarily because they are isolated by China and South Korea. However, I think their talk is very fierce, and where there is a will...their is a way...

As for Iran. I think Iran has the culture of the masses that is of great concern. However, to some extent they currently scare me less. Not sure why.

I find the situations very troubling in any case.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax
Okay..which one scares you more right now.

Yes. And what scares me more is that the UN appears inept yet again...haven't we seen this rotten movie before?

Maybe W jumped the gun in Iraq but at least he takes action. At least we are killing these bad guys in Iraq instead of having to fight them in our towns and neighborhoods with them killing us in our towns just like they did to those poor people in India. Makes me want to cry.

The UN does nothing.

Last edited by rabbit : 07-12-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:31 PM
I <3 Women!

Send a message via MSN to Satyriasis
Even Iraq posed a bigger threat than North Korea. And Iraq didn't even pose that much of a threat except an economic one, North Korea doesn't even pose that.

If the G8 countries and Asia were seriously worried about military security threats they would be trying to force India and Pakistan, who are known to have nuclear weapons into signing the Non-Proliferation Treaty and disarming their weapons. Instead they have been forking over resources and money to both governments ... probably the most unstable region in the world outside of Israel and Somalia.

This North Korea nonsense is just a distraction.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:46 PM

Old 07-12-2006, 08:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Coastie
They probally did not in fact possess nuclear weapons, but they were probally without a doubting working towards that ends. They did have chemical weapons, which they had used on thier own people and Iran in the past.
FAS is a wonderful site, I love browsing around on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

North Korea worries me more than Iraq

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:42 AM
I <3 Women!

Send a message via MSN to Satyriasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal

So?

Do you honestly think America will go to war with North Korea?

And, do you honestly think North Korea will go to war with America?

The answer should be no, as this is all just to distract from the mess left in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now Iran and North Korea want to attack America's freedom?

It's doodoo, and people fall for it.

There won't be a war with North Korea, for a start they have 1.2 million soldiers so an invasion is simply out of the question. If America go on a bombing campaign, you're gonna isolate yourselves further from the rest of the world.

You know who else has nuclear weapons? Israel. Hell, they've had nuclear weapons since 1968, but I don't hear anybody calling for them to be disarmed? I don't hear anybody calling for India and Pakistan to be disarmed, do you?

The only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear weapon is America, and I think everybody knows what happened.

This is all a joke; a distraction.

Jeez, wake up.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:32 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Personally i still support Bush's decision to invade Iraq

And as for North Korea....they are dangerous...a nuclear weapon just poised waiting for an opportunity to land

And i'm sure America is not the only country concerned about NK

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Coastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyriasis
So?

Do you honestly think America will go to war with North Korea?

And, do you honestly think North Korea will go to war with America?

The answer should be no, as this is all just to distract from the mess left in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now Iran and North Korea want to attack America's freedom?

It's doodoo, and people fall for it.

There won't be a war with North Korea, for a start they have 1.2 million soldiers so an invasion is simply out of the question. If America go on a bombing campaign, you're gonna isolate yourselves further from the rest of the world.

You know who else has nuclear weapons? Israel. Hell, they've had nuclear weapons since 1968, but I don't hear anybody calling for them to be disarmed? I don't hear anybody calling for India and Pakistan to be disarmed, do you?

The only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear weapon is America, and I think everybody knows what happened.

This is all a joke; a distraction.

Jeez, wake up.

So.... who is making all these distractions? You don't think that NK really launched 7 missles and has nuclear missles? The US is using it as a distraction and that's why there are 6 party talks? Sure the North Korea has a 1.2 Million army, and how many of them actually have weapons? If there were a war Yes much of north and south korea would be in ruins they both have large amounts of artillery already aimed in on targets. Both military and cilvian targets. The best resolution for North Korea would be thier leader stepping down (he has his people convinced he is a demi-god, and the son of god he has his people brainwashed and he is rattling sabers with the world he is afraid his people will find out the truth, he routinely has people killed for small violations).
I don't think China would necessarly step in to a conflict, they are a key economic ally of North Korea, but I don't think they would think it in thier best intrest enter in a direct conflict with the US .... yet. It may not be that long before China's military might it equal to or surpasses that of the US, probally 10-20 years top. They are fighting a economic war now, and using thier growth to fuel thier military.

"The only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear weapon is America, and I think everybody knows what happened."

True or False, more people would have died had the US not bombed Japan. If Japan hadn't surrendered unconditionally you would have seen Operation Coronet, a planned amphibous assault to revial that of the one in europe. The casualities would have been 100's of thousands of troops, and possible millions of civilians.

"This is all a joke; a distraction. "

What exactly is the distraction? What is the joke?

For both Iran and North Korea you see more unity between countries in thier pressing for a resolution. W is taking a more diplomatic approach for once, maybe things can be resolved peacefully, who wouldn't prefer that?

Also on a side note... there are hardly any US military personnel stationed near the DMZ. Most of the US presence is farther south in the country, 2ID is probally the closest but that don't have the role they had a one point, they are still probally the quick reaction force aka speed bump.