User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 07:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Coastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharni
N.Korean bandwagon???

My thoughts exactly, people want to make everything out like there is some hidden agenda. What is there to dispute about North Korea?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 PM
MSGME!

My point is this.
As the war in Iraq escalated...so did terrorist activity in support of Iraq in "other" countries.
I don't have a problem with Iran or N. Korea....I just answered the question at hand.
Don't read between the lines and don't put words in my mouth
Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

I wasnt...i just didnt understand what you meant

As i live in one of the 'other' countries...let me say that i still support Bush's decision...Terrorism is a world problem not just Americas.....and if NK decide to start something (and their attitude so far makes me think they will)...i'll have a big problem with them too

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 PM

My argument would be that people have already jumped on the North Korea "Bang Wagon". I wasn't putting words in your mouth either, was talking in general. If I had meant to put words in your mouth I'd have asked you directly if that is what I meant
Old 07-13-2006, 08:27 PM
MSGME!

No problem...Sharni...Coastie

Politics turns friends into enemies
That concludes my Political contribution for July.
Now back to the T&A
Old 07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

*LOL*...Debating an issue is great...as long as we all stay polite then its all good

*~Sharni~*

Old 07-14-2006, 10:09 AM
I <3 Women!

Send a message via MSN to Satyriasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie
So.... who is making all these distractions? You don't think that NK really launched 7 missles and has nuclear missles? The US is using it as a distraction and that's why there are 6 party talks? Sure the North Korea has a 1.2 Million army, and how many of them actually have weapons? If there were a war Yes much of north and south korea would be in ruins they both have large amounts of artillery already aimed in on targets. Both military and cilvian targets. The best resolution for North Korea would be thier leader stepping down (he has his people convinced he is a demi-god, and the son of god he has his people brainwashed and he is rattling sabers with the world he is afraid his people will find out the truth, he routinely has people killed for small violations).

The American government is making these distractions. Look at the mess made in Afghanistan and Iraq. Bush and Blair are being criticized like there's no tomorow, for what is happening there. Soldiers dying everyday, the rape of the 15-year old Iraqi girl by those soldiers who were supposed to be there to help these people. What better way to deflect attention from that by telling everybody a madman in East Asia has a nuclear weapon he wants to use?

"The only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear weapon is America, and I think everybody knows what happened."

Quote:
True or False, more people would have died had the US not bombed Japan. If Japan hadn't surrendered unconditionally you would have seen Operation Coronet, a planned amphibous assault to revial that of the one in europe. The casualities would have been 100's of thousands of troops, and possible millions of civilians.

Is that the case now? North Korea will not attack America; America will not attack North Korea. If America were so concerned about countries with nuclear weapons then North Korea, Pakistan, India and Israel would be top of the list. Not countries like Afghanistan, Iraq etc.

"This is all a joke; a distraction. "

Quote:
What exactly is the distraction? What is the joke?

See my first paragraph. The joke is people falling for it, you really think North Korea pose a threat? I suppose you think Osama bin Laden is a bad man, too?

Go to Google and type 'Tim Osman' in the address bar ... what do you see?

You see where I'm coming from, now?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I <3 Women!

Send a message via MSN to Satyriasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Satyriasis,

I think it more likely that North Korea will attack than be attacked. That is, after all, what happened on June 25,1950. That aggression, initiated by North Korea, took three years and some two million lives before the fighting stopped.

I get the impression that you think otherwise. Why?

North Korea won't attack.

They. Do. Not. Pose. A. Threat. To. The. Western. World.

The 'International Community' would not stand for a pre-emptive nuclear strike and it would effectively alienate America from the rest of the world.. As powerful as the US currently is, they rely heavily on the global economy and support for 'projects' throughout the world from other countries..

I doubt seriously Jong Il has any real thoughts of using the nukes anyway.. It's just a show of strenght to the rest of the world, whether they are impressed or not. America would be idiots to be suckered into doing something stupid because of a nuclear test.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:07 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

North Korea is unstable as far as i'm concerned

...they are aggressive in their attitude and it rightly has people worried...and IMHO we'd be idiots not to be

*~Sharni~*

Old 07-15-2006, 08:06 AM

Satyriasis,

The question Jax asked above was which one of the two nations, Iran or North Korea, was more worrisome, not if North Korea would invade South Korea (or any other country).

As the governments of both countries have behaved in ways which might worry reasonable people, it seems to be a fair question.

For example, Iranian President Ahmadinejad has described the Holocaust as "a myth". There are many people – including me - who consider comments denying well documented history to indicate an adherence to ideals which, coming from someone who would be in a position to initiate war, to be somewhat worrisome.

In 1988 The North Korean government launched a two-stage ballistic missile over Japan. The act is reminiscent of a warship firing its cannon across the bows of another vessel; stop or be destroyed. There are many people – the Japanese (among others) come to mind here - who consider behavior of this nature somewhat worrisome.

Of these two worrisome countries, North Korea worries me more as it has a documented past of bellicose behavior, while Iran has engaged in warfare only when attacked.

While your unusual punctuation indicates to me an emphatic belief in the validity of your vision of the future, there are many people - the sons and the daughters of the American soldiers, sailors, and airmen who were killed by North Koreans during the Korean War might be examples – who consider the future to be less clear or obvious. For those people of the West, as well as the hundreds of millions of Asians who live sufficiently close to the launch sites of the Taepodong-2 missile (6,000 km) to be potential targets, I’m sure you can understand why they may be less convinced of the benign intentions of Kim Jong-il et al.

Excuse me for responding to the question you asked Coastie above, but I do think that someone who plans, finances, and praises the murder of thousands of people is a bad man. So, yes, I do – as do many people – think that Osama bin Laden is a bad man.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyriasis
The American government is making these distractions. Look at the mess made in Afghanistan and Iraq. Bush and Blair are being criticized like there's no tomorow, for what is happening there. Soldiers dying everyday, the rape of the 15-year old Iraqi girl by those soldiers who were supposed to be there to help these people. What better way to deflect attention from that by telling everybody a madman in East Asia has a nuclear weapon he wants to use?

So truth is deflection? There can only be one real concern at one time? I thought we could multitask sorry

"The only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear weapon is America, and I think everybody knows what happened."

Is that the case now? North Korea will not attack America; America will not attack North Korea. If America were so concerned about countries with nuclear weapons then North Korea, Pakistan, India and Israel would be top of the list. Not countries like Afghanistan, Iraq etc.

You are sure North Korea wouldn't attack, thier leader is a mad man, a mad man with nukes. That is what makes N. Korea different than Pakistan, India, and Israel.

"This is all a joke; a distraction. "

See my first paragraph. The joke is people falling for it, you really think North Korea pose a threat? I suppose you think Osama bin Laden is a bad man, too?

Go to Google and type 'Tim Osman' in the address bar ... what do you see?

You see where I'm coming from, now?

Sorry, but not a single one of the results come back from a legitimate site that offers any substantial evidence? Most of them were cut and paste the exact same article and half of them the websites were named "conspiracy" something.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Intresting article, read some of the comments, they are from people from conservative to extreme on both sides.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...7/14/do1401.xml
Old 07-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Tells it all

I worry more about the Yankees catching the Red Sox and knocking them out of the playoffs, which will mean no chance of them winning the world series!

Live Life, hearses don't come with luggage racks.
The second mouse always gets the cheese
Old 07-15-2006, 03:44 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
It's all about priorities isn't it Winston?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Like they say, Politics is serious, but Baseball is important.

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.