Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 08:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to rzande1 Send a message via MSN to rzande1 Send a message via Yahoo to rzande1
Wedding

Hello again. I have returned(not really left but been here without posting). So my gf has invited me to a wedding. She is going to be a bridesmaid. So here is my question. I am going to this but I have heard that basically there is no point of me being there. I have heard that I will just sit in the corner basically being alone because she will have to stay with whomever she is paired up with.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Bongo-Beater?

Send a message via ICQ to Doomsday Send a message via AIM to Doomsday Send a message via MSN to Doomsday Send a message via Yahoo to Doomsday
It's still good to be there. There may not be any logical reason to stay there, but it would probably get you brownie points if you went when your girl asked you. Maybe she plans to ditch the guy she's paired with and sneak in a dance or two with you? It's probably a good idea to go anyway.... even if you're alone most of it, it's still you who gets to take your Girlfriend home, so being there is a good choice. :-p
Old 09-03-2007, 08:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to rzande1 Send a message via MSN to rzande1 Send a message via Yahoo to rzande1
I mean I know she wouldnt cheat. She says that she would stay with me at the reception but I just have a feeling she wouldnt because off the standard practice of staying with the person your paired up with.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Bongo-Beater?

Send a message via ICQ to Doomsday Send a message via AIM to Doomsday Send a message via MSN to Doomsday Send a message via Yahoo to Doomsday
I didn't mean to imply that she would. I meant it would be best for you to be there for her, since she asked. I'm not to familiar with this type of stuff, at least not anymore. So maybe you should wait for some other responses.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:04 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Don't be a clingy ass. Go to the wedding. Be glad for your girlfriend and her friends. Meet people you don't know and kiss the bride. Smile and just suck it up. One day down the line you may ask her to go somewhere with you where she will not know a soul, such as a work function, and you want her to be a good sport.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-03-2007, 09:10 PM

rzande1,

Are you going for fear she'll sleep with someone else if you're not there?

During the ceremony, the speeches and the meal, she's stuck on bridesmaid duties.

When it degenerates into dancing and drinking, she's her own boss.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Leo was right

I've been in five (I believe) weddings and never did I end up having to stick with the bridesmaid that I was "paired with" for the entire evening. I say just go and have some fun. Food, drinks, music, dancing and lots of happy people......... sounds like a good time to me.

Hey, I can think of lots of situations that would be much worse than being "the boyfriend" at a wedding. You'll have fun.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 09-03-2007, 09:36 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzande1
... because she will have to stay with whomever she is paired up with.

Which means he will have somebody unattended.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Huggable!

Go because she wants you too and you love her.

Once the meals underway and the first dance is over, she'll be able to be with you. (may be needed for a picture or something quick)
Old 09-03-2007, 11:25 PM

Yes, she may be needed for a quickie.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I say go. For a start, you'll have the opportunity of admiring your girlfriend dressed to her best, and what's the hardship in that?

Secondly, I think it's important to do things for your partner that are selfless. From a personal viewpoint, I've always struggled to find a guy who is willing to do something he doesn't want to just for my sake, while I've sat through more football matches, mindless action films (even the entire series of Star Trek Next Generation) just for the sake of my man (sorry Fussy, but it's true!)

Thirdly, weddings can be emotional times for women - and not always in a good way. If everyone's in couples (which they will be) and she's alone because her boyfriend couldn't be bothered to put himself out for a few hours, that can be quite humiliating. You're likely to lose big brownie points not only with her, but with her friends, her family etc too.

If nothing else, you're getting a free meal, booze on tap rather than the alternative of sitting at home, wondering if she's pissed off with you or that she's having a better time.

Oh and plus, one day, when you're married and have kids, and you rarely get a chance to go out anywhere together, because one of you has to stay in with the kids, you'll regret not making the most of every opportunity you had!

x

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 09-04-2007, 04:40 AM
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Yes, she may be needed for a quickie.
Script department; we need a script change.

Anyway, go and have a ball. Like others have said, you'll get good food; good drink; possibly meet some new friends; and, when all is said and done, your girlfriend will know you value her enough to be at something important for her. That sounds like a sinning situation.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 AM

Yea I am gonna go with her. lol she already is planning the sinning lol. I am getting a room so I don't have to drive bck and she is changing there. so....I of course must help her change clothes. I just really was overthinking this.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Everybody Stretch!

You weren't overthinking it...you were underthinking it!

Why oh why does it always seem that there has to be something in it for you (not you specifically...but anyone in general to whom this applies) for you to participate?

Like those before me have said..make it a selfless act and you might find that you are rewarded in spite of your reservations. If not, what skin off your nose was it?

Geezzzzzzzzzzzzz peeps...if we all only ever did something with expectations of personal reward...how would any of us ever function on a daily basis? Life isn't all about YOU!!!

~Thomas Dewar~