Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Animate my Sex Fiend

Send a message via AIM to SexKittten_18
How do you deal?

I was just wondering if anyone could offer suggestions or stories on how they dealt with a miscarriage. I'd really appreciate any help that could be given.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:08 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
You cry. And then when you think you have cried enough, cry some more. It's a loss, loss of dreams, hopes, innocence. You find people who will listen when you need to tell the story over again or people who will just listen while you say nothing coherent.

PM me if you need anything I can offer

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-01-2006, 10:32 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

I think you are doing it. You go to they cyber world and find real people that really understand and care.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-01-2006, 10:38 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

SexKitten_18, feel free to PM me as well. As Lilith states, just finding people who listen is a huge help. Time does help to soften the pain a bit, but it never quite goes away. Rest assured that there are people who do comprehend the enormity of such a loss.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 07-01-2006, 10:48 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
I too am here if you need to talk.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:28 PM

My mother would have said that it was a practice round for a really happy baby.

It is just one of those wonderful pieces of shit life rains on you because happiness without pain has no dimension.

It just wasn't to be.

None of the above mean a thing until you've come to terms with it, and when you have, it'll be surplus to requirements.

I'm a bloke, listen to the girls.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Animate my Sex Fiend

I really appreciate the offers. I do have someone in my life I could talk to about it, but he's got enough going on in his life, I don't want to burden him with this stuff too. The thing I'm having the most difficulty with is I knew there was a chance I was pregnant, but I still let myself get overly stressed about things that shouldnt have stressed me. So right now I'm blaming myself for it happening. I could have prevented it by just calming down and doing yoga or something, but I didn't. I just don't know how to get over the guilt, even with my best friend telling me it wasn't my fault... I just cant stop feeling guilty and disgusted with myself.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Sexkitten_18 - You will go through a whole range of different emotions, and you need to know that whatever you are feeling is absolutely fine. Don't worry about what you think you are SUPPOSED to be feeling, and just try to deal with what you are feeling at the time.

In response to the guilt you feel - it's understandable - I'm learning already that feeling guilty is part of the "parental condition" if you will. Perhaps reading up on some of the facts will help you to realise that this was beyond your control. For example, 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage in the first 3 months. That's a HUGE figure....most of the time it happens for no explicable reason, other than nature preventing you from having a less than perfect baby. Even when everything is done absolutely to the letter by the mother-to-be things can still go wrong in the early stages - life is very delicate thing.

Take care of yourself, and if you need anything from any of us, don't be afraid to ask for help. It's sometimes the bravest and scariest thing to do, but you need to recognise when something is too much for you to bear alone.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 07-02-2006, 06:25 AM
curvy queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexKittten_18
I really appreciate the offers. I do have someone in my life I could talk to about it, but he's got enough going on in his life, I don't want to burden him with this stuff too.

If this guy is worth your time, he will WANT you to unload on him and lean on him during this time. Try him out. If you're important to him, he will put you at the top of his priority list.

How far along were you?

Love and Peace to you,
LAW
Old 07-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Missing the Angels

((((((((((((((Sexkitten_18))))))))))))
Old 07-02-2006, 06:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Everyone deals with it a different way. My wife and I joined a support group after we lost our son. We had a nurse tell us we should offer counseling to other after we lost our daughter because we took it so well. The support group really did help. The hospital you went to will probably have information on groups in your area.

Just don't blame yourself. There in all likelyhood, wasn't, and isn't anything you could do to prevent it.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 AM

SexKitten18

Self-blame is a wonderful thing, in that it gives you ownership and focus over that which you blame yourself for.

Your stress may not have been helpful, but if the child was so fragile that a little stress was enough, the final trimester and labour would have been likely to have been very bad for mother and child.

If you must feel guilt, harness that guilt and make your next child's pregnancy and childhood a joy for you both.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
is not this trim anymore!

It's not something you learn to live through...it's something you learn to live with.

I wish there were an answer that would ease your pain and put you in a better place, but take peace in knowing you aren't alone.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
All good advice so far, not much more to add...we lost 2 at about 12 weeks, & she went thru all the guilt, desparation & self loathing that was only slightly healed by having 2 more-than-healthy boys later...as has already been said, it seems to have not been meant to be, & you'll have to keep telling yourself that until your heart starts to believe it...& let him help carry the load, he's probably swallowing his own feelings in that way that all us guys think we're supposed to do...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Animate my Sex Fiend

I don't think I'll ever believe it wasn't my fault. I did the only thing I could thing of that would help with the pain, I got a memorial tattoo done by my Uncle. It helped a bit with the pain, but the guilt's still there. And since I have severe depression on top of that, it's making it hard to get over the guilt. And I won't let him help, it's my fault it happened, and no matter how he feels about it, I won't let him do that. He's already been through enough, and besides, I dont know how he feels about it. Just that he was sorry I had to go through it alone. -shrugs- I don't know, I'm still so confused about it, and no one's been able to help... and to be honest, I feel like I'm drowning, even though my self-imposed exile of a month with my family up north was supposed to help, it only pushed it to the side I think. -sighs- I just don't know what to do.