Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 06:09 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Shopping question

While I love shopping, I find it so hard to find something Mr. Lil gets excited about. I'd like to surprise him with something unique this year (sex is not unique since I rock his world oon a regular basis ).

Ladies, what is the gift you gave your man that you knew he really loved?

Men, what is the best gift you have ever been given? Is there something you'd like but she has never thought to give it to you?

Please feel free to answer these questions flip-flopped too because there may be a man out there in my shoes (bet his feet hurt) who needs the same info for the opposite gender.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Just me.

I guess the difficulty is that the perfect gift one year ... may not be a repeat request. My original wedding band had gotten too small (notice how I didn't get too big), and my wife surprized me at Christmas with a replacement band. I didn't know it was coming, but I treasure that gift more than you can imagine.

On more of a repeat basis, things that deal with hobbies of mine are especially appreciated. Like my collection of die cast metal 1/18th scale model cars. My wife knows what I like and she'll often surprize me with one, or two special ones at Christmas. Those are always greatly appreciated.

I will generally tell my wife what I like but I struggle sometimes because she often doesn't tell me what she really wants and that's really difficult then to decide on what to get her. Actually, this year has been better. She commented on needing a new winter coat and when we went shopping we found her two that she loved on sale so we got both for the price of one. I've also got her a surprize gift that I hope she'll like ... a bracelet in white gold with rubies (her birthstone) spaced all along it surrounded by small diamond chips. Not nearly as gaudy as that description sounds. It's really very beautiful (IMHO).
Old 12-16-2005, 11:19 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
there was once a gift i thought he be over the moon about, but it didn't turn out that way. although he loves it now. call it creeper present - really good but it takes a while to hit you. to give him his dues though, he's not a very excitable person; perhaps he was over-the-moon but i didn't notice.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 12-16-2005, 11:46 AM
is not this trim anymore!

You want to give Mr. Lil a eunuch?

That joke works out so much better when it's heard and not seen! ha ha

How about a vacation home in New England?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Larger Than Life

There was one unexpect gift mrs moose got me in 2003, a two hour filght in a cessna, that included 1.0hr very basic training about the plane, lift ect and a 1.ohr flight for which i actullay took the plane off and flew the plane (with help from the instructor) then the instructor landed the plane (thank god), this was a gift i would have never come up with and it gave me such a buzz
Old 12-16-2005, 05:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
About a year after my wife and I got married while stationed in New Mexico I put in for an assignment to England without her knowing it. A week before Christmas I got those orders for a 4 year tour. I didn't tell her a thing and put them in a box and wrapped it for her. She was so happy.

Best present for me? The smile on her face.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:09 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I have been dying for WEEKS now, because I can't keep a secret. My sweetie is an exceptionally difficult for which to buy. When I asked him, months ago, what he wanted for Christmas, he said he didn't know--if he wanted something he usually just went out and bought it.

But one day, *the* idea hit me. About five or six years ago, I'd bookmarked a site I'd discovered, because I hoped one day to do it myself. What I did for his present was this: I took a picture he'd sent me waaaaaaay back many months ago of his children. He's a very devoted father, spends as much time as possible with them. I sent the picture to an artist, and she did an 11x14 hand-drawn rendering from it in charcoal. I then had it professionally framed. It is *stunning.*

I'm hoping that, while he *is* a guy, and a geeky scientific guy at that, that it will be the kind of Christmas present he will always remember--especially every time he looks at it on the wall. I mean, after all, it *is* our first Christmas together.

<----has her fingers crossed.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 12-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Not for my guy, but one year for one of my best-friend's husband (he's also a very good friend) I got him a really nice how-to book on carpentry ... a hobby that he dearly loves, but hasn't had much training, etc. in ... she told me later that he said it was his favorite present that year, and one of his all time favorite presents he'd ever gotten ... I think mainly because it was something he loved to do and he knew he'd be looking at it for years to come.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Geezzzzz! I forgot the question after reading IAKG's post! I can't wait to hear how much he loved it ((((IAKG))))!

*going back to read the questions...Jeopardy tune playing in the background*

Oh...ok! Um...Mr. Lixy is really into working his wood. Um...I mean woodworking. Alright, I mean both...lmfao! Anyway, anything I get him that has to do with his shop is always his favorite thing. This year will be no different cause I will get him something for the shop. But, I also got him a rock tumbler because he gets some pretty cool looking rocks/stones on the job. He has quite a few that would look gorgeous if they were tumbled and he's mentioned this several times since he's been at his job. I finally found a tumbler that was a reasonable price and endorsed by The Smithsonian for how nice a job it does. I'm hoping he's still into the notion of taking the raw rock and making it all pretty! Just last week he brought home a rather large rock that he says the Native Americans would have used as wampum and could be made into arrow heads and tools. I see jewelry in my near future! Want some stones Lilith?

I don't know how any of that ^^^ will help. I'm just putting it out there. Hope Mr. Lixy doesn't read this! Can you block him from this thread Lil? LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 12-17-2005, 02:14 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

No cause I want him to make me some beads

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Learning to talk sexy

OK ... not a serious kind of gift ... just an extra I always would throw in for my stepfather (while he was alive) .... it was a standing joke with anyone who knew him that he could fix ANYTHING with duct tape ... so every year for Christmas I would get a giant roll of duct tape and wrap it up .... when i'd get packages from him and mom ... you knew he used it extensively .... LOL ... good memory!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:13 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

OMG you just solved my Pixies Package two problem!!!!!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 12-17-2005, 03:27 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
.....Oh...ok! Um...Mr. Lixy is really into working his wood. Um...I mean woodworking. Alright, I mean both....... he gets some pretty cool looking rocks...He has quite a few that would look gorgeous if they were tumbled .... I'm hoping he's still into the notion of taking the raw rock and making it all pretty! ......

I think you are shopping for youself. First you make sure he's got good wood, now you want to be sure he can polish his rocks for you.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-17-2005, 03:48 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

I loved moose’s present of the 2 hour flight in the Cessna. I’ve booked a seat on the next flight to the moon for Steph.

(actually I just made a deposit on a small container in the cargo bay for her )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 12-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Loungin' Around

Mr Osuche wants an iPod...he just hasn't told me ehich one yet.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney