Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM

hey all...its been a minute

Not sure if im looking for advice or just venting a bit. Either way...here goes. I got out the military almost a year ago and have been pressing through nursing school for my RN ever since. Schools hard....but im focused and determined to get through it. Theres not really anyone here I am too interested in and I am really not looking to stay home in upstate NY any longer than necessary...just using the area as a means to an end...a new career in somewhere else.

In my spare time I play world of warcraft which is semi-partial to this post. Theres a girl I have gotten to know over the past year through that game who lives up in michigan. we talk alot and have gotten semi-romantic despite the fact we havent even met officially. I've been bogged with school here and shes a hospice RN who doesnt get enough time off. In theory were meeting up sometime this summer...though it isnt set in stone. She is having alot of personal issues she's going through too...so im not pushing anything.

She recently said shes pretty sure shes falling in love with me...which i think is nothing short of amazing...but its kind of eating at her cus she still has some unresolved feelings of an ex she dated for 14 years that shes not sure how to deal with. Neither of us have done anything like this before (online relationships and such)...and I am still focused on gettin school done before i pursue anything. But I do like this girl. Guess its more of a wait and see...hopefully once the summer hits anyho...thats whats up with me lately.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Matte - by all means meet up with her in the summer. That will probably help her know how she feels about you and this other guy one way or the other. No-one can know for sure how they feel about someone until they've met in real life.

Sounds like she's doing a good job of communicating honestly with you. She doesn't want to promise anything, as she's in a mixed up place, but she's interested in you and she's making sure you know it.

You haven't mentioned how you feel about her though. You shouldn't be with someone just because they've fallen for you, if you don't feel the same about them.....

Anyway, see what the summer brings. Oh and if you're really serious about this relationship, you need to make it happen. Don't let work schedules and school get in your way.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 04-28-2008, 04:43 PM

I actually do really like her. I really want this to actually go somewhere. There are more issues than just some random ex though...she dated the guy for 14 years(since HS)...which is slightly where the unresolved stuff lies. Also some that are personal/family related that shes confided. If anything though she is very open with me...both in email and when we talk on the phone. I do admit im slightly more hesitant to drop the "falling in love" thought...because i tend to easily...but the thought has crossed my mind many times with her. As for meeting up...It will likely be around the end of May between my spring and summer semesters...and if things go right then as soon as my summer semester is up (or on my 3day weekends) The next few weeks should prove interesting.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:48 PM

Matte,

I agree with Loulabelle.

... hope all goes well for both of you.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 AM

Matte,

Getting to like someone and developing some sexual tension isn't falling in love, but it's a good start.

Meeting may go either way, but it's a good thing.

Beware of "Falling in love with love".
Old 05-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Gone with the Wind

Meeting

I was going to tell my friends here that often there are no summers off in Nursing School, especially in ADN programs. Even BSN programs have limted summertime freedom.
Sweetie, your friend has unresolved issues and she will for a long time. Fourteen years is a VERY long time, and I suspect he might have been her "first".
That is a gigantic emotional investment in a girl's life, and here feelings are not likely to go away easily.

I agree with my friends. MEET HER! SOON!

She can not let go of her past until she meets the person who may be her future.
Be patient with her, and if you are luckey enough to fall in love with one another, let it go slow, so she can let her old feelings slip away more easily. A "whirlwind" romance will only leave her confused, especially about her feelings for her ex.

Love,

WW

---Margaret Cho
Old 05-11-2008, 12:44 AM

It happens... two of my friends married people they met on WoW.

Might as well give it a shot.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Several Pixie couples have also met up in person and tied the knot. Fussy and I amongst them.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
I actually know a couple that met on WOW as well and will be getting married this year, and my current male distraction I met on WOW..... Fuckin Shammy. He keeps resisting my fear spells. >sigh< He throws down a totem and I can't help but dance on it.... lol >image of Tauren Shammy standin back watching a B/E loc and minion pole dance on a air totem< giggle... ok so it's only funn if you're nerdy like me.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaKyttn
I actually know a couple that met on WOW as well and will be getting married this year, and my current male distraction I met on WOW..... Fuckin Shammy. He keeps resisting my fear spells. >sigh< He throws down a totem and I can't help but dance on it.... lol >image of Tauren Shammy standin back watching a B/E loc and minion pole dance on a air totem< giggle... ok so it's only funn if you're nerdy like me.

Yeah, grounding totems are fun. > I must admit, you can find a lot of really nice people on wow.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Goddess Of the night

Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiannon
HI Matte
Online relationships can be difficult but they can work out and not in a jerry springer way. My spouse and i met online and have been married for 9 years. known each other for over 15. He is a fellow pixie too
I love to dance with a stranger and to feel his delight,
And when the dancing is through, I kick off my shoes,
And I listen to the beating of his heart
Old 09-26-2008, 08:10 PM
unregistered mutt. woof!

The "Rebound" syndrome needs be acknowledged. Once it's recognized, usually only the more mature individuals are apt to wrestle through the snares to contentment and happiness.
May goodness and happy memory making be in your future.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."
Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 PM

Yes Matte,

Fill us in.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:24 AM

Well we actually did end up meeting a few times over the summer and things did go places. But we're both on really different paths right now and in no place to really pursue something serious or even anything casual. Kinda tough when your a few states apart. Appreciate all the responses though. I think you all got me some courage to actually get out there and see what was up. We did have quite a good time the time we did spend so it wasn't for naught.