Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 08:52 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
female stuff

so to round things out a bit with this pregnancy, when the bleeding and cramping started, i went in for an early ultrasound to check how the little one, placenta and womb are all doing 9i had no idea they could find the heartbeat so early!) and the tech found this cyst inside one of my ovaries. it's a dermoid cyst. if you've never heard of it, it's one bizarre thing; since it's spawned from genetic material, it has all kinds of interesting things in it. nature sure is freaky. anyway. anyone ever had one? or know someone who did? and can you tell me what happened?

if it bursts, i'll need surgery, preggers or not. the chances are pretty slim that it will burst, but i'm curious and wanting more info than the doc or webmd can offer. i doubt it'll hurt more than a c-sec but forewarned is forearmed.

if it doesn't burst, they'll remove it when i have my c-sec. the doc was reluctant to do that at first, 'cause it will damage the ovary, but when i reminded her we're done with kids and she's gonna tie the old tubes for us, she agreed. (well, we were done before but, hey...whoops. the irony is we didn't actually do anything we shouldn't have after that last time but love isn't finite and well, ya get what ya get, right?) so...anyone have their tubes tied? or know someone who has?

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 04-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Goddess Bitch

Send a message via AIM to Eastern Send a message via MSN to Eastern Send a message via Yahoo to Eastern
Hey wyndy after my last misscarriage i had my tubes tied. I couldn't go through that again... I have a heart shaped uterus and it makes concieving difficult to carry to term.. we have since adopted our little girl and believe me sometimes i swear i gave birth to her as she is soo much like me.. i have even had people come to me and say she looks like me... funny thing is we adopted her from china
Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I had a vasectomy after our third child was born. We were on the fence about having a third, and he made our mind up for us. We knew three was our limit, and as a rule...vasectomy is a less intrusive (= less risky) option, so that's what we opted for. Had Mrs. WI needed a c-section, I don't know what we would've chosen.

I've always been of the school that says "any surgery carries an inherent risk", but not ignoring a potential problem isn't always an option. Things tend not to go away.

Sorry if I'm of no help, but just cuz I don't have anything good to say doesn't mean I don't care.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
pixie of the wood

there is a kind-of up side to this ... the tech found my other kidney. i always thought i had only one, but there it was in my pelvic area. it's probably why i can't have kids the normal way. i miscarried between my two kids but i didn't know it and it took an ultrasound to find out that things hadn't progressed the way they should have. my screwy kidney is probably why i needed a d&e after instead of nature doing it's job. (((eastern))) i know how devastating that can feel. it's why i get so uptight before any ultrasound ... i'm just waiting for the doc to say "i'm so sorry..."

with two c-secs under my belt, the decision for surgery has been made for me so taking care of the other things at the same time just seems logical. i'm not too nervous about it. i know there are risks, but i just don't have a choice really.

thank you wildirish, i know you care, i can feel the love (((hugs))). i have to share something with you ... we have a friend who had the "one percent baby" after a vasectomy.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 04-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
i have to share something with you ... we have a friend who had the "one percent baby" after a vasectomy.

I had my tubes snipped.

Then the four ends were cauterized.

Then each end was folded back on itself & tied off.

Them better be some damn strong sperm! lol

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
pixie of the wood

i want to add something ... yesterday, i said that telling you all about this pregnancy didn't make me feel better. in a way, that's true ... i'm still worried ... but in another way - an important way - i'm glad i did because now i can have the support of pixies when i need it and a place to vent my anxiety, too. we haven't told anyone close to us about this except my mom. mostly because we don't want to have to give out any bad news later or make everyone worry. i know if things don't work out, i'll have to tell you all too, but somehow it's harder for me when i'm face to face ... if that makes any sense. ty guys ((((hugs))))

Old 04-19-2007, 11:34 AM
pixie of the wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
I had my tubes snipped.

Then the four ends were cauterized.

Then each end was folded back on itself & tied off.

Them better be some damn strong sperm! lol

maybe it's not his kid.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 AM

That...I don't know.

But it sure as hell ain't mine!

Old 04-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Loungin' Around

((((((Wyndhy)))))

I'm just glad you have a new arrival coming (and yes, I do have faith) and a brand spankin new kidney!!!

That has to be worth something, right? It took a cyst to find your kidney.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
pixie of the wood

(((osuche))) thanks

Old 04-19-2007, 01:15 PM

Let me get this straight...they found your missing kidney?

I've got a "bathtub full of ice" joke somewhere inside of me, but I can't get past "they found your missing kidney"!

Old 04-19-2007, 01:21 PM
pixie of the wood

not missing anymore, just misplaced. literally.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:13 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I know someone who had a baby after a tubal. When she went back for her post surgery check up she was pregnant. The DR. said the egg must have just left the area beyond where he snipped.

I know of the type of cyst you have but not from persoanl experience.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
pixie of the wood

yikes. perhaps we should just never stick his thingy in my hoo hoo ever ever again. i should be used to that soon enough anyway.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Isn't funny how you never want sex as bad as when you can't have it.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas