Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to my_wldside
This doesn't help Tiger lily but to comment again on Panty's and Sal's comments on "intelligence"

I don't think anyone is now i.e at this point in time is anymore or less intelligent than people ever were....many more young people are more educated than in years past...but unfortunatley they have much less experience in social skills, work experience, and practical knowledge than previous generations...these are the things that develop savvy and maturity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacious
I wouldn't contend that anyone is more or less intelligent than anyone else, group or generation. I think that "intelligence" comes from experience and education. I think perhaps we all encounter differences in both experience and education thus giving each of us a different perspective and baseline from which to measure, "intelligence."

I truly believe that all Tigerlily78 needs is some confidence and to know that it's all right for a woman to make the first move.

Gosh, I asked my husband out on our first date (we went to a bar and played pool and he even danced with me.) I think I took that lesson my dad taught me about getting ice cream transcended much further in life than he probably had the vision to see, but essentially, he told me if I didn't speak up I wouldn't get any... I used to be very soft spoken and very shy. But if you wait for what you want to come to you... it could be a very very very very long wait.

Just my view on it. Good luck girl... and speak up... with a rack like that people are going to, at the very least, give you their attention. *nods*
Old 12-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily78
Well, thanks for the input everyone... I do my best to be confident, but in a world full of unrealistic ideals, I'm never really sure if someone thinks I'm hot when I think he's hot....thank goodness for liquid courage My friend (with whom I'm currently visiting) has just joined an online dating site and is having a blast...how do you all feel about such things?

An uncle of mine met his wife of a few years on one and is happy as can be last I knew. Other people I know have met some really odd (and I mean kind of scary odd) people. I think it's more or less hit and miss just like in a bar, just on a wider scale. You do have the opportunity to meet people you would otherwise not have known existed because they don't go to the same social gatherings as you. However, the same rules still apply. Meet them at a well known, well lit, public place. Bring a cell phone. Let a good friend or family member know where you will be and about what time you're supposed to be home. Just because they seem nice doesn't mean you should be stupid about it.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Eye contact is the key. If you like the look of someone at the other side of the room - repeated and slightly prolonged eye contact with them should get the message across. Obviously you need to smile at them once in a while too, but smiling without eye contact may even make you appear more unattainable - like you're having such a good time with your friends, you're not interested in getting approached by anyone.

Also - try going out with your hair up. Exposing the neck and the wrists is a sure fire 'come hither' body language tell.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
Eye contact is the key. If you like the look of someone at the other side of the room - repeated and slightly prolonged eye contact with them should get the message across. Obviously you need to smile at them once in a while too, but smiling without eye contact may even make you appear more unattainable - like you're having such a good time with your friends, you're not interested in getting approached by anyone.

Also - try going out with your hair up. Exposing the neck and the wrists is a sure fire 'come hither' body language tell.

I concur wholeheartedly with the eye contact thing. Eye contact and a smile say a lot, but it boils down to, "let's talk".

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Getting her groove back

I'll work on my technique
Old 12-07-2008, 05:05 PM
unregistered mutt. woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily78
Well, thanks for the input everyone... I do my best to be confident, but in a world full of unrealistic ideals, I'm never really sure if someone thinks I'm hot when I think he's hot....thank goodness for liquid courage My friend (with whom I'm currently visiting) has just joined an online dating site and is having a blast...how do you all feel about such things?
It's works really swell if it's you & me!
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."
Old 12-10-2008, 07:09 AM

Tigerlily78,

Just keep in mind you don't have to be the hottest lady in the city, or even the bar.

You just need to be hot enough to grab and hold his attention.

None here doubt you can do this without breaking a sweat.

Then you'll get a chance to sweat. LOL
Old 07-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Stymied freak.

I read a study once about pick up lines and it even talked a bit about women trying to pick up men, for sex or a date it didn't say. The women had a 100% success rate when their opening line started with 'Hello...'

You can do it! Sometimes we men need a Mack truck to hit us before we see things. Other times, we notice the little things. I say start with the truck!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to themi01
I think though I've been outta the dating scene for a while just walking up to him or her and saying hi
Old 07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Goddess Of the night

Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiannon

I Met my spouse online and we met as he came to where i lived for college graduation present just to visit. get minds out of gutter. i was married to my *bleck spouse at time and we were just friends. I then moved in the area to give the new start thing with hubby which didn't work out as he was an ass. He was always there for me. Many many years go back and i finally leave said spouse the day the divorce became final he said he was marrying me, well obviously i said he was out of his fucking mind.. Well this year July 17th we celebrate our 10th anniversary. yeah he gets to say he told me so that day every year.

so if you are brave and honest online sites can work. remember rules
1. if he gives you willys online don't agree to meet even for drink you wil be looking for rescue.

2. don't ever go the first time and meet alone. meet with friend and then if ok. make excuse and go to ladies room and let her know its ok to leave.since you men think we go in packs anyways

I say the 2nd one as i met someone long ago alone and came out shaking as he gave me chills and felt like if i didn't get away i was going to be raped.. I literally drove home shaking and locked the house doors. My best friend came over and first hugged me an gave me lecture i am typing here.

above all have fun

GOOD LUCK
Rhiannon
I love to dance with a stranger and to feel his delight,
And when the dancing is through, I kick off my shoes,
And I listen to the beating of his heart
Old 07-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Getting her groove back

I've actually been with my bf for almost 4 months now, and we did meet on plentyoffish.....I recommend it highly
Old 10-23-2009, 03:19 AM
Kite Flyer

...when I go to a bar to pick up women, I shy away from the women wearing chasity belts...

...if you can go naked, that might net you a man without saying a word...=)

...and Sal, when you asked for it, you really asked for it, didn't you....