Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Question: How do you level a priest solo without dieing every 5 minutes? A friend of mine and myself started a pair of priests. He's trying to catch up to my hunter and I'm trying to catch my priest up to him. He's several levels ahead of me as he has more time to play. I can't seem to complete a quest without dieing constantly. It wasn't like this on the other three toons I leveled.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Melted

I know Wilderness had a hard time leveling his priest. He pretty much never soloed anything because of the whole dying thing.

Si à travers nos veines coule encore le sang...
Si dans les jeux d'enfants on entend encore l'accent...
Si nous sentons encore l'espoir de nos grands-parents...
Si dans les voiles du large souffle encore le vent...
Y'a jamais eu de Grand Dérangement.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
Question: How do you level a priest solo without dieing every 5 minutes? A friend of mine and myself started a pair of priests. He's trying to catch up to my hunter and I'm trying to catch my priest up to him. He's several levels ahead of me as he has more time to play. I can't seem to complete a quest without dieing constantly. It wasn't like this on the other three toons I leveled.

I wish I could help, but it's been so long since I raised my priest from 1 to 30 that I don't remember anymore. The only thing I do remember was constantly running out of mana.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Number one reason I die is lack of mana. I can kill anything faster than it kills me, so long as I can cast.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 06-15-2009, 08:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow

Step one don't level as holy. Shadow is your best bet for leveling.

What I have found trying to level my priest is that you can't do the same things you've done as a dps class. Where as my mage could routinely take on mobs three levels higher than him (and could have out damaged mobs even five levels over him if it wasn't for resists) a priest is lucky to take on equal level mobs. So as a priest you have to stick with greens. Unless it's undead mobs, and then you can probably go with yellows.

Best suggestion I can give though is to not do two priests together. I'd go with another healing class but one that can tank a little. Priest, paladin would probably be the best combo, but priest druid would probably be pretty nice too. I really couldn't tell you how a priest shammy combo would do.

Here's a guide for you. http://www.wowwiki.com/Priest_builds
Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Didn't have a problem leveling two priests for the first 13 levels or so. I have a shammy, and I leveled him resto. I know all about that difficulty. I guess I'll just have to persevere and try to get through it dieing a lot.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Yankee in Dixie

3.2 patch is bringing some changes. Some minor, some not so much. One of the major ones that's a good thing is they're making it so that the standard heroic level dungeons are going to be dropping the same badges that Ulduar is, so you can easily farm up some of the tier 8 gear. They're also adding a new 5, 10, 25 man dungeon for the Argent Tournament. Other than that you'll have to read the patch notes for the class changes. It's still in the PTR right now, so some other things may or may not change.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Yankee in Dixie

For those that play, I've finally gotten MoP. I'm through the first area which was pretty cool. I'm not sure I like the new skill trees though.