Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Erotic Stories > Erotic Story Categories > Erotic Novels
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Married Couple

The Betrothal

Prolouge

Russia; early 1800's

Baron Yuri Rauh entered the study of that of his boyhood friend, King Stefan Pekov. He was one of the few people who were privilaged enought to enter the King's chambers unannounced or to called the King by his given name. The room was one of the smaller ones in the castle and the fire kept it fairly warm. The summons he had received just days ago was clutched in his hands. It only said that his presence was urgently requested. What was so important that had to be done during the worst part of the year for traveling? The snow was already a foot deep and more was to come. It had taken him a full day's travel just to reach the castle. Usually it would have just been a half day's ride, but the snow had hindered that. He stared in silence at his friend's troubled face.

King Stefan Petkov sat in his large, over-stuffed chair, holding a piece of parchment in his hands. His eyes showed the tiredness that his body felt. He had pondered this proprosal ever since he had learned that his best friend, Yuri Rauh, would be a father again. And now that Yuri had been blessed with the birth of a girl, the proposal seemed even more realistic. His eldest son, Prince Vlad, was already ten years old. By now, an arrangement like this would have already taken place. With Vlad being the son of a King, of course no other noble man would come to him with this proposal. If they had, he would have known what their true intentions were. He wondered if he hadn't been waiting all this time for Yuri to have a little girl so that the proposal could be made only to his best friend.

"Yuri," the King cheerfully called when he saw his boyhood friend standing in the doorway of his study. "Come in. Come in. Would you like a glass of brandy?" Yuri nodded and took the chair next to his friend. He held the glass of brandy in his hand and stared at his best friend. He knew that Yuri must have ridden all day in this frightful weather just to reach her before nightfall. He was greatful for that. Yuri had always been faithful and loyal. It honored him to see that he still was.

"What was so important that I had to come to the castle in the worst weather we've had this year, Stefan?" Yuri half joked with his friend before taking the parchment that Stefan had been studing. A look of surprise fell across his face as he read the words. He couldn't believe it; just couldn't believe it! Looking back to his King, his best friend, he said, "But she will only be a Baroness, Stefan. Don't you want Vlad to marry a princess?"

"But she will become Queen," Stefan said smiling. "Don't you want your only daughter to be something better than a Baroness when she marries? Don't you want her to be Queen when she is older? She will never have to want. Everything will be handed to her without question. She has an older brother that will inherit your land. What will she have to show for her life as a Baroness? Nothing." The king slammed his fist down hard on the arm chair before continuing. "Nothing, that's what. We've been friends too long, Yuri. I want what's best for your family as well as mine. Let me ensure that not only your lands, but your family, will be provided for long after the two of us are gone. Damn it, man." Again his fist slammed. "You're my best friend and nothing will ever change that. I think of you as a brother. Not let's make us family for real."

Yuri couldn't believe it. His best friend was offering his only daughter the chance to be Queen when she grew up. How could he not sign the betrothal?! Gabrielle may grow up a Baroness, but she would die a Queen. He signed his name to the parchment and then watched Stefan do the same. He smiled. He knew that when Gabrielle became of age, she would become Prince Vlad Petkov's bride; and then she would become Princess Gabrielle Petkov before becoming Queen.

Yuri returned home the next morning. That evening he found his wife, Baroness Anya Rauh, nursing their two month old daughter. He looked down at her tiny hands and feet. One day, some eighteen years from now, those tiny hands and feet would be those of a princess. And then years from that day, a queen. "What did he want," Anya asked. He couldn't answer. He simply handed the parchment to his wife. He thought she would faint when she had read it. Looking up at him she smiled and said, "I'm nursing our countries future queen, Yuri. Our future queen." Yuri smiled with delight and then told his wife what had happened.